BrushNoir CC 2 WIP
Ok here goes, I'm going for the 2nd option: The source of the Great Ones and my ''one'' will be Celestial Emissary.

I started collecting some images for inspiration and came up with this:

After this I tried to understand some of the composition/perspecitve that were used in these images and to be honest I kinda got overwhelmed but ok, I continued.

Rest of today I went for thumbnails and this is the result:

Once again I'm so clueless on how to approach this because everytime I want to start I can't draw anything :/. I'm going to try and pick a few that I like from these and will make some bigger sketches to see if I like where it is going.

Btw, is it normal to spend a few hours on these thumbs that I got now? Or am I really slow and overthinking everything.

(04-05-2016, 06:21 AM)BrushNoir Wrote: Ok here goes, I'm going for the 2nd option: The source of the Great Ones and my ''one'' will be Celestial Emissary.

I started collecting some images for inspiration and came up with this:

After this I tried to understand some of the composition/perspecitve that were used in these images and to be honest I kinda got overwhelmed but ok, I continued.

Rest of today I went for thumbnails and this is the result:

Once again I'm so clueless on how to approach this because everytime I want to start I can't draw anything :/. I'm going to try and pick a few that I like from these and will make some bigger sketches to see if I like where it is going.

Btw, is it normal to spend a few hours on these thumbs that I got now? Or am I really slow and overthinking everything.
I consider myself far too slow, too. I think speed develops with experience. And as you start understanding the basics better, I mean imagining 3d objects in perspective and lighting, it gradually becomes easier to express your ideas. At least I guess so :)  
Great that you chose 2nd option, too, hope to see them bigger sketches!

I think you shouldn't worry about speed now. It will come. What you need the most improving your skills and visual library, speed will come along with them. :)

Speed will definitely come with time and continued practice - solid fundamentals is what you speeds up and for thumbs - a decent visual library will do you justice here too... but its perspective that is the key to putting your visual library and most of your studies to good use.

I know you'll kick butt with your idea, so keep up the momentum, BrushNoir

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(04-05-2016, 06:21 AM)BrushNoir Wrote: Btw, is it normal to spend a few hours on these thumbs that I got now? Or am I really slow and overthinking everything.

I'm a very slow worker as well. Probably slower than you. I can't churn compositions as fast as you do! But fast or slow, everybody's got 3 weeks anyway!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@John Thanks for the positive words, here and in the chat, actually needed that ^^
@smrr, @piotr Visual library it is, I finally see why a visual library is good for.
@neopatogen cool, I'm not alone on that then. Before starting the sketches I will do some more studies so I can get more comfortable with the subject.

Todays studies:

Chosen boss, exploring some poses etc, will do more.

Pillar/Statue exploring and trying to understand some perspective.

Fghnnghdnehdnd. And I mean that too. Frikkin great start. People should take a look at your ref gathering...that's how that shit is done boi! Forget speed if you can do things with this focus and clarity. Ace!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
haha, spot on Amit! might have to get BrushNoir to do my reference gathering as well... great start and very nice studies, can already feel the ritual chamber coming to life... and what may lurk in there.
@Amit Thank you! this means alot.
@slash If there is anything I could help you with just shout it out and I'll try my best ^^.

Some more pillar/statue sketches and some new thumbs.

that is some organized posses, wish i had the patience to do so
keep it up!
I really like your sketches. The pillars are awesome, so nice clean work. And the mother is also epic. Looking forward to see this develop :)

I see this and realize I need to be much more organized, lol! Great stuff, I'm inspired to to make my practice more systematic for this challenge.
Thats really nice line work. And those pillar designs are great!

Nice, I love the pillar designs, though about the great one, I thought we were supposed to be designing our own rather then one from the game?, regardless it's looking great anyway and the celestial embassy is a good pick.

I like your No.6 and 7 thumbs! Are you going to use monsters crawling out of pillars in your picture? It might look great.

Waaaow I really love that creepy open-mouthed pillar creature. That is incredibly off-putting! I would totally not want to be in the same place as that thing lol.

DeviantArt YouTube | My Books and Comics

[url=http://arapersonica.deviantart.com/][/url]
@Nada_H Thanks, and sure you have!
@Eyliana Thank you, should be starting the drawing soon
@Legion tbh this is all new for me and I try different approaches each challenge just to see what fits best for me.
@Adam Lina Thank you, hopefully I can bring them in the right way in the final.
@Triggerpigking Thanks. It's any of the great ones, but you're allowed to create a new one aswell.
@Neopatogen Thank you! I'm not sure yet tbh, I might since this boss has little adds ^^
@Arapersonica Hehehe thanks :D

Some new studies, trying to understand the character and several items he is wearing. Exploring some poses aswell.

Shot some pose refs:

Studies:

Im jelly of your spider man. They use that at the Watts Atelier.

@Adam Lina Yep, only I don't have the skills to paint it gray :P