Neopatogen CC2 WIPs
Bug 
Some rough sketches for option 2 here (Great one raising from the blood pool). Started with general idea generaton /notan-like stuff-lacking-perspective:/  Next step will be designing my Great One (some kind of an insectoid+reptilian type, with a long body) and some minor creatures creeping out of the pool and attacking the hunter. Then I'm going to make a clean line drawing, perspective as correct as possible, perhaps with some Sketchup and then a black-and-white painting (to control my values). I'd like to -try sculpting the Great One but not sure yet, I've never done it before. Oh and the statues! They are going to be statues of the other Great Ones from the game.

Update: had some fun with Sculptris today, started to understand different functions. This creature is not a Great one though, just some experimental one.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wooo scary lol, great start, looking forward to see more exploration.
Really great thumbs, neo - easy to read, lots of energy - sure the persp isn't 100%, like you said, but at this stage, it doesn't matter! The first is dramatic af, personally my fave

I admire that you utilise apps to your advantage. The strats are real

Got no crits, your write up says it all in terms of what you're planning, It'll be cool to see where you take it -- go H*A*M--!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Ooh I really love that creature. It's got a nice face, both dragon-like and insect like. Super cool!

DeviantArt YouTube | My Books and Comics

[url=http://arapersonica.deviantart.com/][/url]
Interesting idea looking forward to seeing more variations on this design!

I like your 3rd thumb alot, my eyes went straight to that one. Had the luck of seeing a little of your studies in the hangout and have to say it looks promising ^^

Good start :). The thumbs look nice, really like the first one.

Great start :) . Got nothing else, keep it up!..

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Modeled a  room for sketch 4. Learned a lot and spent quite much time on it. My Sketchup model for the previous Crucible was extremely simple compared to this. The "floor" is actuallyblood surface, it's not so obvious in my render. And statues were downloaded from 3dwarehouse.com, I wanted to replace them with the Great ones statues.
Well but now I feel this comp is boring and I really want to switch to the 3rd one. It will be a good lesson for the future, not to spend too much time on a boring comp. But when I started modeling this I just couldn't stop :)
Still got no monster design, had a crazy freelance week, but I think Istill  had a chance to design it. If my drawing skills were better :)
I'll try to push it and produce a sketch that I like, a more dynamic one, perhaps with less architecture and more focus on the Great one and the Hunter cutting minor demon leeches!

Attached Files Image(s)

Holy crap, you modelled this? In sketchup? Such an improvement in such little time. I'm so jealous!

(04-10-2016, 01:14 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Holy crap, you modelled this? In sketchup? Such an improvement in such little time. I'm so jealous!
Piotr thank you! But I actually feel I'm not doing enough... I also used V-ray plugin for lighting and some ready free models (I modified them all except for the statues). Upd: Might return to this model if my next attempt turns crap - got to test No.3 sketch quickly. It's still possible to make No.4 dynamic by adding figures in motion.
I'm getting closer to imagining my monster design (had some Zen in Sculptris before sleep)

Attached Files Image(s)

damn that model.... You're pretty good at it tbh!

Very cool 3d stuff!

Brutal. The monster 3D head is well thought out. It still keeps that multiple limbs/tentacle motif all the Great Ones have. Can't wait to see the rest!

And the 3D render of the place! Wow!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Nice! Really awesome studies and 3-D work. Your rough sketches are really clear and seem to have a lot of detail. i imagine that helps resolving things further in the process. Can't wait to see more.
the model omg ! so awsome, makes me want to learn 3d
more updates plz :D
Here's my second environment 3D sketch. I'll fix everything else in 2d. My Sketchup performance got extremely slow (not sure why, perhaps because of the amount of polygons). Statues and some other elements are free models from 3dwarehouse.com again. The cube in the cener is going to magically transform to a monster :)

Got to switch to drawing and painting! I've spent  too much time exploring 3d already.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is super cool. I am not overly familiar with 3d programs which did you used to make this? I can't wait to see the finished project.
(04-13-2016, 06:28 AM)JadeSky Wrote: That is super cool. I am not overly familiar with 3d programs which did you used to make this? I can't wait to see the finished project.

@Jade Sketchup, they say it's one of the simplest 3d programs to learn for beginners, that's why I've chosen it. It's mainly used for architecture.

That 3d stuff is looking very promising. In terms of monster design, a leech-like monster coming out of a pool of blood makes sense thematically, and the antlers do fit with the DS/bloodborn aesthetic. If you want to make it extra creepy, maybe you could give it a warning pattern, like poison caterpillars tend to have.