Monkeybread's Dribblings
cool stuff, are you using tablet?

(01-02-2014, 01:48 PM)xizt Wrote: cool stuff, are you using tablet?

Thanks...yeah . I use a bamboo. lol
My old Intous broke and I don't have the cash to upgrade to anything decent yet.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Awesome environments~! How did you paint plein air digitally? Don't the reflection of the screen make it impossible to see on your laptop? And battery life! Win the lottery and get yourself a Cintiq Companion! :D

Focus.
@Meat, thanks man. Well to be honest it is semi plein air. I have a galaxy note 10.1 tablet as a digital sketchbook, which is pressure sensitive with wacom technology. It works very well, like a cintiq companion but without the grunt and I have had it for over a year. Colour calibration is very hard because of the glare, so I try and find a shaded spot, I wear black and have a folder thing I flip over the sides so it cuts some reflection. It's not perfect but it's enough to start a block in, make colour notes etc. Then when I can't go further I hustle back to my laptop and work from the ref photos I took if needs be, but starting outside helps you remember the subtleties that the camera is shit at capturing.
I will be putting together a laptop setup when I upgrade again. The companion would still be harder to use in tablet form...it's harder to design a shade box for something you need to have your hands on to use. Also...Windows 8......shudder. you couldn't pay me to use that shit.

Shaddy's setup is below. Notice the shade box. If you can get 3 or 4 hours battery life that is pretty good to get most of the painting in.
http://www.shaddyconceptart.com/blogs/ai...-fall-2012

Good job dude, keep pushing that shit :p And get back to heathen whenever u want ;)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Thanks Long. Will do :)

Lady of thorns. 30 mins. Thought of the perfect thing to round this out properly, but no time no time

King Scorpion or some shit

Ok another 30 min poop

Purple Dragon
Ok gotta get off this dumb train again. Spitpaints are soooo bad

Nice going!

Thanks kidult!
face study...and messing with curves on one drawing to see what effects can be achieved.

I really like the atmosphere on the purple dragon, looks like a bar scene from a movie tbh :) Cool face studies too :)

The world is moved by illusions.
Deviantart
| Sketchbook
Your artworks are great man, the atmospheres you capture are great! Keep it up man!
Thanks Marla and Pugsloth!

So it turns out when I procrastinate from painting something, by painting something else I actually finish it all the way through in one go. What a dumbass.

Romatic fantasy because that's how I roll

I already fond of your stuff since page 1. That romantic scene is gorgeous. I like the mood and color

---------------------------------------------------------------
Devianart

Sketchbook

Instagram

Artstation

Thanks cicakkia!

speedies 30mins

Some more speedies.

30 mins except bottom left, which is about an hour and a half I guess.

Loving the style you get a lot of atmosphere in your pics :)

One crit would be that you kind of have that pasted on look to your work which i think can detract from it a little. maybe try flesh out the forms.

keep it up i like the sunrise pic a lot

Thanks Yolo. When you say my work, do you mean everything or just the quick ones? I know with the quick ones I always forget to pay attention to one or two of the fundamentals due to the short time limit. It's either form, or composition etc etc. I'm not good enough to get it all in 30 but one day maybe.
I definitely could work on form more in any event.

Pooped this out this morning. CA-CAaaaaaaaaw

30 min poop of the day

Study after Nathan Fowkes