Monkeybread's Dribblings
(01-06-2013, 11:27 AM)gdsworld Wrote: Awesome sauce man. Loving the grayscale stuff at the end and the colours enviros.

Thanks dude :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hey really nice sketchbook you have going here, the colours are great, you have a knack for it. Your value range could be a little bit larger but I can give very little criticism at this point.

And thanks a lot for the help you gave me in my sketchbook, I'm getting right on those studies you suggested, chief amount them being the gestures (so stupid for me to get out of practice with those, seeing how important they are)
I'll watch you on deviant art and give you an add on FB if you dont mind :)

(01-07-2013, 03:01 PM)Jaik Wrote: Hey really nice sketchbook you have going here, the colours are great, you have a knack for it. Your value range could be a little bit larger but I can give very little criticism at this point.

And thanks a lot for the help you gave me in my sketchbook, I'm getting right on those studies you suggested, chief amount them being the gestures (so stupid for me to get out of practice with those, seeing how important they are)
I'll watch you on deviant art and give you an add on FB if you dont mind :)

Thanks man.. I'll let see what I can do about dem values.. First I've had that crit so I'll go back and have a look! Thanks for all the adds and whatnot and glad I could be of help ;)

Coupla sketchies

Plein air on the road from Mt Bromo, Java Indonesia.

Study/application of a palette steal (sort of) inspired by Theo Prins. Dude's the bomb if you haven't seen his stuff

Working on an entry for Concept World character challenge. 'The Dragon's Child'

Decided to go for a dragon themed battle suit of sorts. Will have to make up some bull backstory to fit the title haha. Can't decide on which, think I might just do a side by side as variations of the same concept. Crits welcome if anyone sees this.

A crap sketch based on what I learned from last study, A 1hr study from Concept World Sketchathon and an unfinished piece that started as a 10 minute sketch at a boring work meeting...(I suppose I should finish it..I like it, but already kinda over it)

Doing the Draw Daily February challenge on Soda something...oh yeah satellitesoda (no idea what the site focuses on but a friend put me onto it) Figures since I'm drawing every day anyway may as well post that sh!t. And here is Day #2

DailyDraw Feb 03
I was noodling at it not really digging it for a while and tightened up too much in rendering...so lost the dynamic feel. Note to self: less douchery next time.

SatelliteSoda's DDF Day 4: The knobby rice paddies outside Lingam Central on Phallus Prime
[Image: jnEynxi.jpg]

Anatomy Wednesdays and SatelliteSoda's DDF Day 5:
[Image: anatomy_wednesdays_by_m0nkeybread-d5tzqpx.jpg]

I quit work for 3 months to focus full time on my artistic development. I started a blog about it.. 89 Days to Awesome
I will probably keep posting in this sketchbook, but I'm not sure if it's worth it really because not many people look at it.

So anyway I blab a little about what I'm doing as well, which I won't be doing here. Day 89 was hands which included the last image up there as well
Day 89

Furry balls n things

Sketchathon stuff
mostly poo

So I lost power for most of the day. Panick...how much of my stuff is on the computer...pretty well damn everything! So I bust out ye old parchment and etching stick...and produced the two monstrosities on the left. Scared out of my wits that I had lost my drawing skills completely, I sat down for a couple of hours and did the study on the right....somewhat less scared, but damn do I need to sketch more.

Then the power came back..THANK the lord. And so, big dog on the beach...photo study

I really like your treatment of color, especially on your last study of the big dog. I can feel that color vibration in my bones :D.

(02-11-2013, 11:33 PM)ImSkeptical Wrote: I really like your treatment of color, especially on your last study of the big dog. I can feel that color vibration in my bones :D.

Thanks dude. Yeah trying that good ol chromatic aberration... :)

conceptart EoW

sheeeeeeeeeeeee..it

and v2 wip sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.it

Awesome work, man. Loving those colours.
Thanks Banth! Yeah I think colour is becoming a bit of a "thing" with me...been getting quite a few comments that way recently.

horny lizard

Big Grin 
stuff

almost finished wip

morning warmup

Tomb raider development sheet

and a wip