Colormate's Sketch a day
Hey guys! 
3 weeks ago today I started doing the Sketch a day Challenge. I hope you guys like the stuff that I put out and please, if you have anything to say about whatever I put here, feel free to say it! Your feedback would help improve a lot ^^

Most sketches take under than 1h30m, so they're all pretty rough in general. 

You can check all the previous sketches up until today here: http://colormate-sketchaday.tumblr.com
My website/Portfolio: http://filipepintoart.weebly.com
Facebook Art page: http://facebook.com/filipepintoart

My last 3 sketches:

[Image: sketch_18_by_colormate-da6750l.jpg]

[Image: sketch_19_by_colormate-da6huu4.jpg]

[Image: sketch_20_by_colormate-da6hvc5.jpg]

I hope you like them :)
My latest sketches from the weekend:

[Image: sketch_21_by_colormate-da6yx41.jpg]

[Image: sketch_22_by_colormate-da6yy3w.jpg]

[Image: sketch_23_by_colormate-da6yyd5.jpg]

[Image: sketch_24_by_colormate-da74jok.jpg]

[Image: sketch_25___eighth_aligment__the_dunes_o...a74twe.jpg]
[Image: sketch__26___eighth_alignment__gate_of_t...a7dtzp.jpg]

[Image: sketch_27___ice_cream_energy_gate__by_co...a7e6x5.jpg]

Today's Sketch: 

[Image: sketch_28_by_colormate-da7hqgt.jpg]

Would love some feedback so that I can improve ^^"
Have a good day!
Some of these are looking pretty nice. I'm not really too much of an expert on landscapes so I don't know how much useful advice I can give, but one thing I do notice in all of these, is that the figures seem to be idling, not really doing anything.

I mean theres one where you have the guy just casually resting against the tree, while this crazy vortex of light is in front of him. Not the really the reaction you would expect in that situation.

One thing I like personally in landscape art is the use of objects in all 3 grounds of the plane, foreground/middleground/background. Which, in some of these, you seem to pull off. Other than that if you can tell a story and present some interesting shapes and colors, you should have something good to look at.

I like that one image you have with the dark tree near lava and city in the background. There seems to be a story there and a powerful message behind it, and it incorporates most of what I mentioned. I probably wouldn't go so dark on the values, as it's kind of hard to make out any of the details.
(06-24-2016, 08:18 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: Some of these are looking pretty nice. I'm not really too much of an expert on landscapes so I don't know how much useful advice I can give, but one thing I do notice in all of these, is that the figures seem to be idling, not really doing anything.

I mean theres one where you have the guy just casually resting against the tree, while this crazy vortex of light is in front of him. Not the really the reaction you would expect in that situation.

One thing I like personally in landscape art is the use of objects in all 3 grounds of the plane, foreground/middleground/background. Which, in some of these, you seem to pull off. Other than that if you can tell a story and present some interesting shapes and colors, you should have something good to look at.

I like that one image you have with the dark tree near lava and city in the background. There seems to be a story there and a powerful message behind it, and it incorporates most of what I mentioned. I probably wouldn't go so dark on the values, as it's kind of hard to make out any of the details.

Thank you Dennis! This is a really awesome comment! :D

And yeah, you're definitely right on pretty much everything you said and I'll have to try and focus on those things in the coming sketches. Reflecting a bit on that "guy casually resting against the tree" I think I make that mistake often. In the same post I submitted the one with the spiders and I made the same exact mistake. Although the kid, or warrior (or whatever you can imagine there) is looking up at the spider on the top, he's still probably too relaxed for the situation. 

Next time I'll think of a pose according to the situation. That's really awesome advice! 

For now, here's the next two sketches:

[Image: sketch_29___a_bit_more_than_a_sketch_by_...a7mwpl.jpg]

[Image: sketch_30_by_colormate-da7ri99.jpg]
Todays sketch: exactly one hour (timed)

[Image: sketch_32_by_colormate-da7zwks.jpg]

Nice paintings dude. I love your colours and values. My colour and value skills are not enough to give you useful critique but you might find these Shaddy Safadi videos useful (these blew my mind they were so good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygkJEc3yu4

Keep going dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(06-28-2016, 01:35 PM)Artloader Wrote: Nice paintings dude.  I love your colours and values.  My colour and value skills are not enough to give you useful critique but you might find these Shaddy Safadi videos useful (these blew my mind they were so good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygkJEc3yu4

Keep going dude!

Thanks man! 
I actually watched a few of his videos before. They're awesome indeed! 

Here's my last 2 sketches (including today's)

[Image: sketch_33_by_colormate-da84srf.jpg]

[Image: sketch_34_by_colormate-da8901h.jpg]

Hey! I just read your Introduction thread.
Keep posting!