Creature and Character design study program help me out
I am trying to build a work frame to become a character and creature concept artist if you have some idea of what i can add to this let me know

The very basic Line,Ellipses

The basic Cubes, Cylinder, Cones, Spheres, etc)

Drawing
Organic Forms, Contour Lines, Dissections and Form Intersections

Creating value and texture with a wield variety of strokes

Anatomy Study

Proportion of the HEAD from different view
Landmarks of the Human Body
Proportion of the body male/female FOR ADULTS
Proportion FOR CHILDREN
Eye
Ears
Nose
Lips and chin
Neck
Torso
Arms
Hand
Legs
Foot
Portrait
Bone study
Muscle study
Head shape alteration
Body variation

Animal Anatomy Study

Visual Communication

TERM 3

Gesture, Expression and Personality
Illustrating Characters in their environments

Anatomy Study

Proportion of the HEAD from different view
Landmarks of the Human Body
Proportion of the body male/female FOR ADULTS
Proportion FOR CHILDREN
Eye
Ears
Nose
Lips and chin
Neck
Torso
Arms
Hand
Legs
Foot
Portrait
Bone study
Muscle study
Head shape alteration
Body variation

Animal Anatomy Study
Originality in Design

TERM 4

Gesture, Expression and Personality
Illustrating Characters in their environments
Prop and Vehicle Design
Environment Design

TERM 5

Character Design
Creature Design
Prop and Vehicle Design
Environment Design

TERM 6

Character Design
Creature Design
Assuring Your Success in the Industry
Environment Design

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Dude, all I ever see from you is long posts with lists of things to do. Why not just draw and figure it out as you go? Ever try that? Sorry if that makes me a dick for saying.

"The ceramics teacher announced on opening day that he was dividing the class into two groups. All those on the left side of the studio, he said, would be graded solely on the quantity of work they produced, all those on the right solely on its quality.

The works of the highest quality were all produced by the group being gaded for quantity. While the "quality" group has sat theorizing about perfection, and in the end had little more to show for their efforts than grandiose theories and a pile of dead clay.

Art is human; error is human; ergo, art is error. Inevitably, your work
will be flawed." pg. 29 Art & Fear - Perfection

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
(06-17-2016, 07:40 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Dude, all I ever see from you is long posts with lists of things to do. Why not just draw and figure it out as you go? Ever try that? Sorry if that makes me a dick for saying.

This just a list to help me figure the subject i should be working on.Ultimately i can be studying on any subject.The problem lie in the fact i need to be studying multiple subject and avoid going into a comfort zone here i am trying to put effort into coming up with subject that will put me out of that zone and by setting amount of time it will help me get experience in each subject.There no perfect pre-plan but i prefer a plan than no plan so that it help me when i need to know what to study on.The time factor is just a vague estimation base on a concept program i saw.

Some people think they know what they will work on next but when they arrive there is much to subject to choose that they can't pick one.That guy it me.
That why i am making a list that goes from A to Z

But ultimately if i don't get feed back on what to study next i am stuck with poor learning curve not knowing what can benefit me the most.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Dude, you should just practice perspective and get good at that. You want to learn to draw first. Design comes after you get the drawing handled to a certain degree. You should be able to draw anything in 3d from any angle. So get to drawing perspective grids and fill pages with simple forms. Then use the simple forms to construct your characters. That should keep you busy for quite a while. No need to over think it.

I agree with Adam. While it is good to feel prepared, the reality is, nothing will go the way you think, that's how learning this stuff works.

Your Term 1 makes no sense. Don't start with "personal sketching" whatever that is and please please please don't start with digital manipulation for the love of your future self.

Learn to draw.

If you are serious, the main thing to focus on is fundamentals first, so as Adam said, start with basic perspective drawing. Move onto form and value, then look at construction and proportion for figures, add anatomy focus as you go. Once you have those going you can start to do more justice to any designs you try and execute. I have seen you do some constructive work in your sketchbook, but honestly, you need to learn to draw 3d form properly, so I would say that is your first challenge.

Your list of numbers of hours per topic etc is totally arbitrary because it doesn't really mean much until you get started and see how many hours you can actually do. It's not even about the hours, forget those, it's just a grandiose number. Just know it will have to be lots over your learning phase!.

You mentioned not wanting to be in a comfort zone, but I would suggest your comfort zone is over planning and not enough practicing. Instead of planning out 6 "terms" of work, plan out 6 days, or 6 weeks, and stick to that more achievable goal. Then do it again.

I have seen you around CD sporadically for quite some time now and while Adam was a little blunt, he was on the money. Now don't take the following the wrong way, but I think it might drive the point home. We started posting on CD almost around the same time (I joined a year before I did anything really) In that time I have become a professional fulltime freelance artist, but you are still debating with yourself how to go forward. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, or make me feel good about myself, because I know that everyone has different circumstances to deal with, but it demonstrates what starting and consistently doing the work needed can achieve.

I applaud you starting another deathline and drawing the line in the sand, but I would make this deathline thread much much simpler. Time to swap doing all this "research", and gathering you've had and start filling up your sketchbook Today! Then do it tomorrow, then the next day, and the next. This should be your deathline: "Consistently drawing every day for at least 6 weeks" break that down into what you will focus on (perspective and form) Done.

Remember we are all gonna be here to help and support if you need, and that includes honest if hard truths!

Good luck man!!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yeah I should have specify what I meant with the citation, is too much time is spend on researching, looking for the formula that will work, but only when you do the work, failing at it, and getting up again is when you learn and come up with something that works.

It's what I have also noticed, because I used to be really technical. And I have been checking your sketchbook on and off, on a different account I used here, and I will be brutally honest, you spend too much time theorizing, and so little on practicing and doing the work, hence you haven't improve as much for the past 2 years.

Yes having a plan is good, but it doesn't have to be so detailed to the point where you don't invest at all into practicing.

Keep putting in the work, less theorizing or essays buddy.

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Interesting thoughts here.

One of the problems with setting out a gigantic plan is a lot of the time it doesn't allow for change as you follow your plan.  Sometimes as you do stuff you may find that the original plan was flawed and needs to change and then if you want to continue with a defined plan you need to sit down and re-work it.

Darktiste, if I may I'd like to share another approach:

1. Set a goal with specific success criteria.
2. Brainstorm a bucket load of tasks (with initial time estimates) that will help you achieve that goal - but don't plan them into a long term schedule.
3. Make a short term plan (e.g. 2 weeks) and grab a bunch of tasks from your task bucket using your initial time estimates to help.
4. Carry out your 2 week plan and record how much time you spent on each task (this is your work velocity).
5. Review the 2 weeks to see what lessons you have learned.
6. Plan the next 2 weeks letting the previous 2 weeks to guide you in what you should be doing next and taking into account your current work velocity.

Iterate until you have completed all the tasks in your bucket or you have achieved your goal.

This is called Agile Project Management - there's loads of stuff about it on tinternet if you want to read-up on it.

Hope this helps.  Good luck with your endeavours mate.

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook