Espa's Sketchbook
I suppose I should start one of these up as a kick to myself to actually draw more ^^;
Anyways, all of these will be from about the last week or so. This will mostly be WIP, character designs or studies  c:

Don't mind my random scribbles here, I was using a song as inspiration xD

Nice studies Espa, the character design is looking very nice :).

If you're studying figure constructions it might be work your while checking out Michael Hampton's book - if you don't have the funds for it, you could check out his blog:

http://figuredrawingdotinfo.blogspot.co....el/Anatomy

Keep going - looking good :)

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-18-2016, 09:39 PM)Artloader Wrote: Nice studies Espa, the character design is looking very nice :).

If you're studying figure constructions it might be work your while checking out Michael Hampton's book - if you don't have the funds for it, you could check out his blog:

http://figuredrawingdotinfo.blogspot.co....el/Anatomy

Keep going - looking good :)
Thank you! And thanks for the recommendation,I'll definitely check it out ^^
Apparently I goofed somewhere and my post disappeared, so round 2 xD
Today I'll just be posting some commission work that I'm doing ^^ 

Surprisingly I finished my commission in just a day!

(07-19-2016, 08:52 PM)Mariyan-Hristov Wrote: Hey welcome to the forum !  Great job with those.  :)
Thanks ^^! I hope to get involved here in the community :3!
Good stuff so far, can't wait to see more :)
(07-21-2016, 09:51 AM)AArscott Wrote: Good stuff so far, can't wait to see more :)
Thank you ^^! I will definitely be posting more soon once I'm done with a contest piece I have going ^^
So, here's a bit of the project I'm working on now. I'm trying to do more backgrounds since I'm terrible at them xD It's pushed me out of my comfort zone quite a bit but I think I'm definitely making progress!

I've been working like mad on this piece today. If only I could do this amount of work when I don't have anxiety v_v
Also what is metal/armor? Because I apparently have no idea xD

Starting up on an old acrylic painting again after 3 months of my back healing. I'm quite surprised at how much I've improved on hands since then!
Old piece: 

New piece:

Nice work EspaMistwalker :).

Those acrylic pieces are looking really nice - the hands on the second piece definitely look better. In case you ever want to do more work on hands - artists.pixelovely.com does some nice reference images that you can use to practice.

Keep it going :)

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-28-2016, 08:07 PM)Artloader Wrote: Nice work EspaMistwalker :).

Those acrylic pieces are looking really nice - the hands on the second piece definitely look better.  In case you ever want to do more work on hands - artists.pixelovely.com does some nice reference images that you can use to practice.

Keep it going :)
Thank you ^^ Yeah definitely, my work that I've been putting in is really showing I'd like to think c: and thanks for the link! I was using that site for a bit but I forgot what it was called and couldn't find it xD
Nice work so far. The anatomy on the arms in that acrylic piece is quite a bit disjointed. It looks like someone else is holding their hands up from below the canvas. Or she has deformed long arms. I could do a quick paint over after I get off work if you need me to show you what I mean.

(07-29-2016, 05:29 AM)Adam Lina Wrote: Nice work so far. The anatomy on the arms in that acrylic piece is quite a bit disjointed. It looks like someone else is holding their hands up from below the canvas. Or she has deformed long arms. I could do a quick paint over after I get off work if you need me to show you what I mean.

thank you! Apologies for the late reply I never got a notification for it ^^; and thanks for the feedback! If you're not too busy I wouldn't mind a bit of help since I was having trouble with that to begin with .-.
Nice sketchbook here, Espa) About metal and anatomy - just study materials and read and practice some anatomy books (George Bridgman or Gottfrid Bammes for example). Keep it up)

Hi Espa,
Saw pontetial there and picked a piece to make the value point. Understanding the values will allow your painting to be much better, if the values work the piece will work. The composition is fine, the anatomy is fine, i would just encourage you to work on the values.
Hope you don´t mind.

Cheers!

(08-17-2016, 06:15 AM)Anton_Fort Wrote: Nice sketchbook here, Espa) About metal and anatomy - just study materials and read and practice some anatomy books (George Bridgman or Gottfrid Bammes for example). Keep it up)
 Thank you and will do :)!
(08-17-2016, 10:20 PM)RickRichards Wrote: Hi Espa,
Saw pontetial there and picked a piece to make the value point. Understanding the values will allow your painting to be much better, if the values work the piece will work. The composition is fine, the anatomy is fine, i would just encourage you to work on the values.
Hope you don´t mind.

Cheers!

Thank you for the advice I'll keep it in mind c:!
Haven't really been on here in a while but I've been working on my art lately and hopefully been improving! I just recently finished a picture I wanted to redo that I did in January.
Here's the old one :

And here's the new one :