CC06 Mad Sibyl and Frankenstein
Did some notan studies today and accidentially made a sketch instead of copying the 3rd ref. Seems like I screwed up freehand perspective again. It's by no means final idea, going to do more! Got some other ideas/sketches (which I actually was going to push further instead of this one) but too sloppy-rough for now :)

Attached Files Image(s)

As for notans, I think you unnecessarily focus too much on the details and texture it before the form is established. I know I do it somethimes as well, but the main purpose of notans i to get the composition right, values don't have to be correct as long as it reads well. I'll try to draw an example for you tommorow (although not at 10 am, i can't be online at that time).

As for the chalenge - my question is why the mole/bear is called Pumpkin, i don't see any relatable design. Also going with witch as the Witch is a bit cliche, don't you think? :)

Just threw some sandwich :)

Just to add a bit to Piotr's sandwich, I did mention that people could use characters/creatures that weren't directly related to the name. However in hindsight, I would say it would be much easier to design them with "some" elements that are relatable to the name even if small. Perhaps a name tag, that says Pumpkin on it or something...or she's feeding him a pumpkin or something? Would make the narrative and design stronger

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks guys! Piotr that wasn't a sandwich, only chopped steak but I don't mind  :)

Some update, rough comp+study. I'm going for a nun named Mad Sibyl + creature named Frankenstein combo. Sibyl uses a wooden stake Gatling gun and Frankenstein slows down/freezes hordes of enemies with ice breath. Frankenstein was created by a monk and turned his own creator into an ice statue, afterwards was captured by Sibyl  from convent for females in neibhourhood and tamed by her, since then he's her companion in demon elimination.

Made only the nun body so far, applied some recent anatomy/portrait studies and struggled witht the face a lot. I might add some more scars/wounds later, but not too much, want to keep her attractive.
Got to add some clothes and small elements, learn stuff about weapons and design the stake minigun, as well as the creature and attacking demon concepts before I'll be able to refine my comp.

Miss Boobie Pumpking was made accidentially and just for fun, not going to proceed further with her! But if you want the idea/name, it's for sale :P Just kidding, no one likes poor miss Boobie.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good work so far, a lot of studies as always. Don't know too much what to say about Sybil except maybe you can add more clothing while keeping her sexy just for design purpose, maybe a headband or something?

Thank you Slappery!

Here`s Frankenstein creature (3rd attachment) with freezing abilities. He's a combo of different northern creatures that I found appealing.

And a pumpkin-headed monster, there's going to be a crowd attacking the companions.
So, ice against fire!

And Mad Sibyl. Will keep thinking on some other details for her design.

Stake gun concept coming next! Cause monsters keep going even without heads unles they get a wooden stake in heart. And more comps. Hopefully :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Stake gun concept, proportions +a bit of anatomy sketch and some 3d stuff -used Sketchup for architechture, and also tested Blender and Daz3D.
A bit tired of 3d, presuming that I learned 3 new programs this week (1 more for other purpose), so most likely I'll use those just  as  refs.

I had more than 10 ideas with different characters tbh, all with different characters but didn't make proper sketches. Probably I should have tried anyway. Just, this nun kept bugging me so I started with her :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the idea quite interesting,want to see it finished!

Great backstory and ideas Neo :). Nice use of 3D as well - it's great for perspective work I find. Which bit did you do in Blender?

Keep it going anyway :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I'd go for the portrait composition, as it not only flows more but has more depth and purpose rather than the sprawling wide-shots. Plus from that angle the female character doesn't look like the weight of the stake-gun is going to make her keel over. In the others it looks less sexy-weapon-wielding-sheila and more this-is-so-heavy-and-in-heels-help-omg.

It's definitely a big scene with many characters, I hope to see it finished!

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Thank you RP Artloader and Hobitt!
RP I changed my comp and it really looks better.

More WIPs and some studies in Finals thread

Attached Files Image(s)