C.H.O.W DOWN #1 - Chainsaw Hero
Thanks a bunch @Artloader! Next one will hopefully be better :D

Lineart and some studies for now (the horse was accidential).
I sculpted the face cause it was too hard to draw, and even drawing from sculpt ref took me probably more time than sculpting. The guy seems like a teenager somehow which is ok but was not my goal, perhaps of the proportions.
@Zorrentos your weapon is the most unique, everyone has boring swords :D
@Metashinryu wow that's an amazing piece of concept
Congrats everyone who finished

Attached Files Image(s)

Guess what I'm making?

[Image: E0oi1W3.jpg]
[Image: KAPRpL6.jpg]
[Image: TtZaFYR.jpg]

@Neopatogen: Wow, awesome sculpting! I'm loving the dynamic poses as well Neo. Looking forward to more, keep it going Neo!

@Vicianus: Nice figure sketches, my guess would be that you're going for a ballet dancing teenage chainsaw heroine? Can't wait to see what you come up with, keep going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

This challenge needs more naked men.

Rough sketch:

Haven't worked out the chainsaw design, but I think I'll go with a very traditional look. I'd probably have my head down working on this and update when it's done. I'll probably miss the deadline, but I'll try my best to make it. 

Thanks to Vandal for setting this up! Awesome brief!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@Vicianus are you familiar with Lollipop Chainsaw? You might enjoy it.

Got to try and finish the sketch tonight for painting tomorrow. First chose an antihero or villain and looked to sea creatures like the giant squid, variations of which have rotating teeth instead of suckers. Too abstract so took a more Troma, The Toxic Avenger route. A zombie that adorns himself in smashed glass and nails, shredding himself with chainsaw blades that then carry the infection to anyone unlucky enough to be on the wrong end of his weapon. Chewing through people, they call him the living Chainsaw.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
@John: Was wondering if you'd jump in mate! Cool angle and perspective so far - keep going!

@RottenPocket: Good to have you in as well RP! That's a wonderfully macabre concept you've got there - are those chains hanging off his sword?

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Man, you guys are doing fantastic I don't even know where to start honestly.

@Zorrentos
Your figures are brilliant the dynamic feeling of weight and balance is super cool, don't lose that. I'm also digging the design, a polearm is always the jazz, I cannot wait to see it finished and shiny, I feel like with how technically skilled you are you might have a similar problem as me and not push facial expressions hard enough? Hope you get the chance to finish it brother.

@Rasvanc-r
Good job blasting that out as quick as you did, I dig the design and the pose you've put forward a great concept, I only suggest doing some thumbs to start with so your figure has a stronger balance in whatever plane you rest him on.

@Metashinryu
I dig the hell out of that chainsaw, youve clearly got a good bend towards the mechanical draftsmanship, I really hope you keep going with this its awesome.

@Neo
Dang son, A+ for effort youre really putting in the hard yards and its clearly paying off your lizard dude looks rad, did the sculpting help? I should try that sometime, I really like the pose youre using and its going to look amazing.

@Vicianus
Clearly pandering with them sensual dancers and adorable chainsaw, but in all seriousness those figures are great and the concept sounds awesome, keep going I think itll come out awesome.

@John
Agreed, not naked enough.

@RottenPocket
Brilliant concept, entirely different direction really getting into the spirit of it and the design is looking killer.

Seriously guys awesome work, you've made me super happy we started this up again. Votings gunna be tough

Thank you @Vandall! Yep it's much easier for me to imagine some unexisting form by sculpting it, cause the software thinks about perspective and I canrotate my model anytime. However, I've got very few modeling experience, going to get deper into it.

Feeling like a sleepy zombie today, so here's what I got.

Attached Files Image(s)