Coinhero's sketchbook
fuck valentines day
[Image: tRy0nCy.jpg]
I sketched out this guy's face and liked it so much I decided to make it a painting :D

[Image: coqSe9v.jpg]
[Image: ookPWLP.jpg]

struggled a lot with coming up with an idea and composition, I like this
I love how he comes across as a dictator! Like, you're scared to join, but maybe more scared not to join! I wonder what it would look like if he was holding out a ball with a grand gesture.

Sketchbook

(02-16-2018, 02:44 AM)Tygerson Wrote: I love how he comes across as a dictator! Like, you're scared to join, but maybe more scared not to join!  I wonder what it would look like if he was holding out a ball with a grand gesture.

I tried making him hold a ball but couldn't get the sketch right I'll try again tomorrow too exhausted now
I wanted this to be more of a line art thing but its too hard x.x I can't make it look not stupid. So yea just kinda struggled for a while getting the ball rolling I think I have a clear idea of what I want this to look like now tho. 
[Image: yXgJMl6.jpg]
I need to do irl stuff now more painting tomorrow
Yep, like that with the ball. :) And he looks like he doesn't even notice the room has emptied...

Sketchbook

Today I chose social life over finishing this 

[Image: 2EhtfEc.jpg]
[Image: BAmNcH0.jpg]
mapcrunch study of some misty cliff on the side of a road because I wanted to try out some crazy brushes

[Image: BVMtevW.jpg]
Lighting and colours in painting are really nice and mapcrunch study is cool in terms of experimentation with texture. Keep going :)

[Image: xROLnc5.jpg]

I didn't have time for digital but I'm probably going to sketch out some avatar fan art tomorrow because I maratoned almost all episodes in like 4 days x.x
My classes this semester are all at awkward times so I've slowly been becoming a morning person :D I used to just get up super early but now I do most of my art stuff early in the morning too.
Started my Avatar the last airbender fan art thing. It was a more top down view at first but it look too much like a movie poster type of thing and I decided to put the camera more behind Aang to try and get a more adventure-ish feel. <--- I just read this again and I don't know what this means but it feels right 

[Image: 6KGp39x.jpg]

colors or more like the tone is messed up, everything has like a green mist over it and I need to fix that. But when I look at this image from my phone it looks much more colorful and not so "misty". 
Aang is placed as just kind of a blob of color so I can get a feel where he should be, he's pose should be more like this 
[Image: X6tKOuE.jpg]
little too fuzzy
[Image: r70URLy.jpg]
[Image: yPSTCns.jpg]
Today I found out my monitor's gamma was turned up crazy high -.-
[Image: k0ZqyE0g.jpg]
I'll do some more little things tomorrow, call it done call it done and then try to do the whole social media thing
uni stuff / study / sketch

[Image: kHqG9SHg.jpg]

[Image: v7gIwQv.jpg]
I like how the colors turned out on the hang glider one.

Sketchbook

The balance of rendered focal to loose in the glider painting is waaay better. Keep exploring that! good job. I love it when peeps understand and apply crits so well!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks I'm happy people like that painting! Only think that's bothering me is that I don't fully understand how I made it work I feel like I just got lucky -.- 

stuff from today

[Image: rfXXJlS.jpg]

more avatar stuff 
[Image: GoM6CP7.jpg]

I've got a lot of work to do on this
I got little done today :/

Early in the morning I found out the books I ordered are stuck in customs and so I had too deal with that for way too long and then I couldn't get to my painting class at uni because there's a massive snow storm and I couldn't find a place to park my care and then more bullshit and the some more bla bla bla... bad day, don't like it.

The sketch from yesterday isn't working out the way I want it to, probably because I'm tired from today. I started a new sketch that's (hopefully) much more simple.

[attachment=105699]
I think some things that worked in the composition were:

-how the clear, simple shape of the glider stood out from a simple background
-off center placement of glider
-feeling of motion from the river and cloud trails
-how the clouds created a loose receding perspective line/triangle shape to frame the glider at the top
-how the value of the glider stood out from both the bright clouds and the darker greenery
-how the warm orange jumped out from the cool green and pastel clouds
-the clean cut simple shapes of the glider contrasted against fluffy clouds and greenery

Sketchbook