Coinhero's sketchbook
(01-21-2018, 08:32 AM)Peter Wrote: Hey Coinhero really cool sketchbook you've got here. keep it up! :)

If I can chime in on the PC front, if your PC is still holding up ok atm you might be better off waiting a few months, only because ram is super expensive atm (I'm also in the market of upgrading my PC), think it's like double or even triple what it was last year which is just crazy!

Yea I know ram is stupid expensive and its only been going up for the past year I'm only getting 8gb so its not that expensive and I've been delaying building my PC for like 2 years so I'll bite the bullet and pay extra just so I don't have to wait anymore.
I spend a long time working on this study of an image by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema and I'm too exhausted to work on the dragon painting.

[Image: Jkr45zw.jpg]

Image I'm copying 
[attachment=104690]

I had a lot of different thoughts and things to say about this study and the image I'm copying but my brain is too dead atm to put my thoughts into words.  it was hard
This image is lame, boring and I can't make myself put effort into it.

[Image: YH8FzLb.jpg]

[Image: VmXgSv1.jpg]

I think I'm a little burned out just can't get in the mood to make stuff

edit: pfff I'm just lazy lol
this image is gonna be great

[Image: W2mRrg6g.jpg]
А Н И М Е 

[Image: yvexkFY.jpg]

also made this copy of a MTG card by Clint Cearley

[Image: cnfJylF.jpg]

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kz02A source 

I like this image a lot and just wanted to paint it for fun + I don't paint enough people/faces in general so it wouldn't hurt. I don't know if I'll keep going with it I'm not happy with the face and that was what I wanted to get right the most so idk I might work on it more tomorrow but this is it for today.
This https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kz02A 

[Image: uSJwQq4.jpg]

from imagination (or lack there of)

[Image: Q2cJMlp.jpg]

I'm running out of my wacom pen's nib and when I bought this tablet (smallest cheapest intius) it didn't come with extra ones T.T I hate having to order online something so small but I have no place to buying extra ones from
[Image: zDRWtEp.jpg]
yea I paint dragons and stuff everyday but cmon lets all be honest here oil paintings from dead guys are cool and all but ShindoL's doujins are where the true art is at
[Image: 12f39b9d9aed3b2079d77bb9fcc094491445751795_full.jpg]

you know its true
Nice sense of humour.I think i would point out two trait of personality i think could describe you and what i advice get around to feel better will doing art.

Impatient defined as to expect result in a unrealistic set of time which lead to low quality work. Other negative effect: Bad planning. Can also be cause by the Pressure to impress .
Solution: turn deadline into a battle plan remember the stage of production and stick to it.

Perfectionism Defined as striving for flawlessness and setting excessively high performance standards, accompanied by overly critical self-evaluations and concerns regarding others' evaluations. It is best conceptualized as a multidimensional characteristic, as psychologists agree that there are many positive and negative aspects.In its maladaptive form, perfectionism drives people to attempt to achieve an unattainable ideal, and their adaptive perfectionism can sometimes motivate them to reach their goals. In the end, they derive pleasure from doing so. Perfectionist often fall in the people pleasing trap i also believe that perfectionism can be resulting from emotional injury from past failure.
Caution failure to achieve perfection for those who fall into neurotic Perfectinism could lead to depression,anxiety,procrastination.

Solution:
Remember that self critism as to be constructive.Those who think they have unhealth perfectionism should strive to understand the root of there excessive behavior.Remember it ok to seek to be better each day.But remember that the mind and body have there own limit.It doesn't mean you can't break them it just mean that you have to learn when to stop or say no.

I also encourage you too read my post on positive think i believe it give a belt of weapon to avoid the trap of self destruction.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6483.html

I am sorry if it seem like i am overeacting i just want to give you a chance if that a problem for you.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-26-2018, 08:08 AM)darktiste Wrote: Nice sense of humour.I think i would point out two trait of personality i think could describe you and what i advice get around to feel better will doing art.

Impatient defined as to expect result in a unrealistic set of time which lead to low quality work. Other negative effect: Bad planning. Can also be cause by the Pressure to impress .
Solution: turn deadline into a battle plan remember the stage of production and stick to it.

Perfectionism Defined as striving for flawlessness and setting excessively high performance standards, accompanied by overly critical self-evaluations and concerns regarding others' evaluations. It is best conceptualized as a multidimensional characteristic, as psychologists agree that there are many positive and negative aspects.In its maladaptive form, perfectionism drives people to attempt to achieve an unattainable ideal, and their adaptive perfectionism can sometimes motivate them to reach their goals. In the end, they derive pleasure from doing so. Perfectionist often fall in the people pleasing trap i also believe that perfectionism can be resulting from emotional injury from past failure.
Caution failure to achieve perfection for those who fall into neurotic Perfectinism could lead to depression,anxiety,procrastination.

Solution:
Remember that self critism as to be constructive.Those who think they have unhealth perfectionism should strive to understand the root of there excessive behavior.Remember it ok to seek to be better each day.But remember that the mind and body have there own limit.It doesn't mean you can't break them it just mean that you have to learn when to stop or say no.

I also encourage you too read my post on positive think i believe it give a belt of weapon to avoid the trap of self destruction.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6483.html

I am sorry if it seem like i am overeacting i just want to give you a chance if that a problem for you.

What I post in this thread is more just random thoughts of silly things I come up with during the day or flat out shitposts designed to amuse. I can see why some things I say can give the impression that I don't like my art or think only badly of myself or my drawings but that is not the case. This image for example

[Image: e7lURwy.jpg]

I love this image, I'm happy with the approach I had to get it to this point and I really like the colors but I don't see the value in talking about the positive stuff. I'd rather talk about how this image is just some wyvern dragon thing plastered on some pink clouds. There's nothing really going on and the dragon looks stupid and out of place like it was taken from a different image and pasted on this one. <---- this stuff I think is more important than talking about the things I like but if I'm shitting on my images everyday I can see why you would think I'm not satisfied or am trying to chase some unattainable goal. I post anime faces and talk about hentai don't read too hard in to it lol :D
Also I read your post about positive thinking and its all good advice but I also think that a good dose of negativity and sadness are a good thing. There is such a things as being too positive. If you surround yourself in only positivity you become more vulnerable and sensitive and when someone with a different opinion comes and shouts in your face you crumble. Heated debate and arguing is a healthy thing that builds a thicker skin and a crushing defeat is much more valuable that an easy victory. Also world peace is a terrible idea, santa clause isn't real and if you were born in august / july your parents probably had a "happy little accident" after a christmas party  In love but don't think too hard about these things because making art is more important.

Anyway Evo Japan stared today and took like 5+ hours of my life and then I met with some friends so I didn't do all that much today but I don't think I'll work on this image for that much longer. I started trying to make the skin look textured and all realistic and stuff but I can't pull it off in the way that I like because I've never rly done studies of that kind of stuff before so I deleted everything and decided to just go with the usual messy look. Also this way the wyvern fits in the image a bit better because when I was trying to make all the edges crisp and shiny it look like it was a cardboard cut out even more that it does now. Tomorrow I'm reinstalling my PC and putting the new parts I got in it and I don't know how long it will take me to get everything running in order so I might do some oil painting or maybe some charcoal drawings of body parts. I'll figure it out tomorrow I'm go make dinner now o/
I go nothing about self bashing aslong as you realise that there is room of improvement it not something that hurt.I think that what you doing is giving indication to other of what you might want to be critiqued on that what my feeling tell me.Self bashing hurt when it become paralysing into self doubt.

It was just for you to refer back if you feel you gone to far with the self bashing.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
I like the dragon. Maybe it needed a little more purple lighting on it to blend with the sky better? In any case, it's way beyond my skills, so I'm not sure.

I think it would be cool if you did a sketchy image using the same colors as one of the painting studies you've done. Like draw an angelic warrior using the pallete/lighting from the greek guy painting. Or something like that.

Sketchbook

Aw man, I want to join the conversation, but when I look at all of these huge walls of text... I get a headache DDDD:

But yea, ShindoL is god tier.

I got up made this shitty thing [Image: RragtzL.jpg]just to get in the mood and then started a master study with oil... and it didnt go anywere. I wiped off most of it so its not even worth taking a picture of and after that a friend came over and we started working on my PC. One headache later and I have a new pc but I just didnt have time to install photoshop and get some painting going so I kind of didn't do anything art wise today other than a failed oil painting. Pc works great tho :)

@Tygerson  
Yea the dragon used to be a lot more purple but whenever I try to make everything close in tone the whole painting looks like theres a fog covering everything. I think when doing that I have to add little touches of different color to get away from the fogy purple. I'm not sure how to use tone correctly in general or what it is rly , I dont have photoshop atm tomorrow I'll play around with that painting.

@HIRVIOS 
YEEEEE BOOOOYYYYY
I restart and I see this :

[Image: 27398737_1701591623234086_1893568244_o.j...e=5A70F3F9]

didn't know my PC came with the heart attack feature : )

Anyway today I started installing all the adobe programs I need and of course it didn't work out very smooth. I had to reinstall photoshop but while reinstalling it just froze at 64% and I said fuck it I'll do this later and installed painter real quick. Here is a google street view painting done in painter 
[Image: gjYPr8c.jpg]

I'm so not used to... anything in painter that this image instead of taking me idk 20-30 mins to do I think I spend 2-3 hours :D its so hard finding a brush that I can actually use and getting used to the ui and tools in general is just a nightmare. I think I started to figure out how to do things towards the end tho so I might play around with painter in the future but its going to be only thumbnails or messy stuff like this because I don't see how it would be possible to get a more finished look in this program without devoting your life to learning it.
I use painter and have since i started and basically the more layers you use the more it bugs. Even one additional layer is not optimal for its performance. If you wanna use it you have to just intelligently block things out before hand and lay things in.. The brushes are beautiful and intricate, but there's just a lot of clutter and fluff and 50 different erasers that do very slightly different things ;p

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(01-29-2018, 10:59 AM)Fedodika Wrote: I use painter and have since i started and basically the more layers you use the more it bugs. Even one additional layer is not optimal for its performance. If you wanna use it you have to just intelligently block things out before hand and lay things in.. The brushes are beautiful and intricate, but there's just a lot of clutter and fluff and 50 different erasers that do very slightly different things ;p

Yea the layer thing is not a big problem for me because I only use one anyway its more that I can't find a normal brush. The fancy painterly stuff is cool but I just want a square brush with nothing special on it only opacity and the only more normal brush I know is the scrachboard tool but that doesn't have opacity. I'll play around with painter in the future.
I'm running low on creativity so today I just did a study of this https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YWL53

[Image: ZfLsCL9.jpg]

I love this image by Key Li and wanted to try and figure out how he did some things. After painting this I like the image even more :D its so crazy difficult I don't know where to even start if you want to paint something like this from imagination.
anime tentacle dude
[Image: A9GwjEv.jpg]

[Image: UUX85Uq.jpg]

lighting makes no sense but if I can't figure out how to fix it without changing too much I'll just keep it this way
[Image: OPJwzUD.jpg]

lots of little things

yo the new goreshit track is liitt 100 100 100 https://soundcloud.com/goreshit/hshtgdnthrtm
I want to talk about this image:

I think you have the same feeling that there is something not quite working about this image. In your words, "the dragon looks stupid and out of place like it was taken from a different image and pasted on this one."

Try thinking of your whole painting. Think of the distances between the values and colors, and think more of those distances than of the colors or values themselves. Every large move away from the last value and last color will stand out and draw the eye, and everything similar will not.

Most of the reason, I believe, the dragon image doesn't feel right is because you have a high saturation background which is competing with the dragon's red eye. To me, the image is saying that the background and the eye are of equal importance because they are so close to one another in chroma/saturation and value, and that's not the effect you had in mind. You wanted the eye to be important. If you take the color out of the clouds, the dragon's red eye will regain its punch. It will get even more punch if the value around the center of the eye may reach next to white, and the clouds were darker.

Hope this helps!

(02-01-2018, 06:19 AM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: I want to talk about this image:

I think you have the same feeling that there is something not quite working about this image. In your words, "the dragon looks stupid and out of place like it was taken from a different image and pasted on this one."

Try thinking of your whole painting. Think of the distances between the values and colors, and think more of those distances than of the colors or values themselves. Every large move away from the last value and last color will stand out and draw the eye, and everything similar will not.

Most of the reason, I believe, the dragon image doesn't feel right is because you have a high saturation background which is competing with the dragon's red eye. To me, the image is saying that the background and the eye are of equal importance because they are so close to one another in chroma/saturation and value, and that's not the effect you had in mind. You wanted the eye to be important. If you take the color out of the clouds, the dragon's red eye will regain its punch. It will get even more punch if the value around the center of the eye may reach next to white, and the clouds were darker.

Hope this helps!
Yea the way I was thinking about this image is I wanted to have a bright background and have a dark focal point that would stick out. The whole dragon thing was an afterthought really I didn't want this to be just a painting of clouds and couldn't think of anything to add to it... so dragon. I didn't much care for the dragon so I didn't put much thought in it and well this is the result. In hindsight I think I should have just left it as an image about clouds and pretty lighting or maybe make the focal point be something much smaller witch is what I'm more comfortable painting. Anyway thanks for the feedback!