Coinhero's sketchbook
Lines

[Image: Zw0n13F.jpg]

I get super bored when doing lines so I just started painting before I'm 100% done with the sketch so I get an idea of what I want this to look like.

[Image: HzTnP79.jpg]

it's gonna take me a while to finish this, there's just so much to paint and I'm not very fast / don't paint all day long like I should be
deep end hype! lol

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
@Fedodika I hope I don't drown lol

[Image: LM91yCv.jpg?1]

should have done some photobashing this is dumb
Hit me up i did a little paint over but i can't seem to be able to attach file atm.Send me your fb in private message if you interest.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(06-14-2018, 04:13 AM)darktiste Wrote: Hit me up i did a little paint over but i can't seem to be able to attach file atm.Send me your fb in private message if you interest.

Just upload it to imgur and post the link here I'll check it out tomorrow.
Nvm my critique was not worth sharing to begin with i just realise it i am sorry.

My Sketchbook
(06-14-2018, 06:25 AM)darktiste Wrote: Nvm my critique was not worth sharing to begin with i just realise it i am sorry.

All critique is worth sharing, I think there's always something to be gained from feedback regardless of whether of not you think it's not worth sharing. Not that I'm trying to put you on the spot or anything I'm just saying not to worry to much about these things.
[Image: IsYL5ys.jpg?1]

so I played around with the colors and values a lot today, I didn't like how bright everything was but that I had trouble with getting the contrast to be where I want it to be, just a lot of adjustments and flexing the brain muscle. Cropped the image so that it has more space on the right because one of my vanishing points is super close to the edge of the drawing  and it looks bad, I think I'll crop it some more tomorrow. I also don't like how much the garden thing on the right is stealing attention from the foreground so I moved that a bit and adjusted it so its at least semi in perspective. I should have seen all these problems in the sketch phase but I didn't.
[Image: oNWIpxT.jpg]

fart
[Image: z9LnIPQ.jpg]

I mostly did irl stuff I've been delaying for months today so I couldn't start a new painting or study but I still did some work on this. Tomorrow I'll fix some more little things but I'll start something new because this is getting really boring
getting close to 1 straight year of daily drawing, I'm scared of missing a day I think I'll go insane or something.
[Image: NAjJz0F.jpg]

study of a painting done by Richard Schmid called "HOBB GREEN BREAKFAST"

I wanted to copy this painting because of how strong the contrast is and how bright the colors are, its everything I really like and suck ass at. I find doing these copies very fun and I actually learn things from them but I hate that feeling you get, like I've managed to paint something amazing but its not me I'm doing a copy of a great painting and then I look at my own stuff from imagination and it's just embarrassing -_-

Not sure what to do with the painting from yesterday I'm sick of it and don't want to work on it more but I feel like the only way to make it not ass is to re do a large part of it. I don't want to not upload it to tumblr ,instagram and stuff because once I get in the mindset of uploading only images that I'm happy with I'll never post anything and just disappear form the internet
frog
[Image: FSSdnTV.jpg]
frog
[Image: Q5jZHyG.jpg]
not frog
[Image: gZ4KJVK.jpg]

quick study of "SKAGWAY TRAWLER" by Richard Schmid
I ate 2 slices of pizza and now I feel like I'm dying
[Image: OOh6Cpq.jpg]
[Image: modhQtl.jpg]

I didn't like how much attention the blue was getting, tried to fix it today. I also don't like how mushy everything is, I'll try to get some sharpness tomorrow but I'm not sure how to do it exactly. green toad painting
Regarding Schmid, he talks about color harmony in his book Alla Prima. He says it's a built in aspect of light. There are theoretical explanations for why some colors work together and some don't, at a deeper level than 'use complementary colors' or those sorts of color palette generator websites. This may be what you're missing.

I have my own ideas on this but to some degree it's a matter of taste. Get a bunch of Schmid's paintings (and whoever else you admire) and color pick around. Come up with an explanation for why their color ideas seem to work in a way yours aren't just yet. It seems to me you have a tendency to go very saturated with too many colors in one image.

(06-21-2018, 05:11 AM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: Regarding Schmid, he talks about color harmony in his book Alla Prima. He says it's a built in aspect of light. There are theoretical explanations for why some colors work together and some don't, at a deeper level than 'use complementary colors' or those sorts of color palette generator websites. This may be what you're missing.

I have my own ideas on this but to some degree it's a matter of taste. Get a bunch of Schmid's paintings (and whoever else you admire) and color pick around. Come up with an explanation for why their color ideas seem to work in a way yours aren't just yet. It seems to me you have a tendency to go very saturated with too many colors in one image.

I looked at a bunch of images today, color picking and even painted over some of them with the saturation and color that I think I would have done it, and I think what stands out the most is there's lots of subtle color variation in the mid tones while in my images from imagination it's from one extreme to another, getting that subtlety in an image is something I find very difficult. I tried to limit my colors in the frog painting I'm working on and I think it helped out a bit but it's still not working the way I want it to. I'm not sure how to fix that problem because even if I "know" what I'm doing wrong I can't just fix it in a day, so I guess I'll just keep doing studies and try to put more thought in to how I'm painting.
[Image: zcEiQpo.jpg]

I feel like I did a lot of things on this today but flipping between the version from yesterday and this one it's very close, I'm probably not going to work on this anymore. Also started a study but it's very rough and looks like a mess so I'm just post it finished tomorrow and hopefully start something new.
[Image: N1vXNLi.jpg]

quick study. I didn't want to make this a very tight copy of the original because I wouldn't have energy to make something from imagination, only wanted to get the "feeling" and color right 

[Image: SESX6tb.jpg]

dragon sketch. I haven't thought much about design of things just trying to get everything to look at least 50% correct, I started of with the guy looking like a shaoling monk or something like that but wanted him to have hair so I can show motion more easily. I wan't to add like a seat belt strap to the saddle because it would make much more sense, need to figure that out.
[Image: i4ZrLa2.jpg]

Toguro so fucking strong
You don't test the value before going in color?I believe a concept that is good to put in practice is strong silhouette.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook