Coinhero's sketchbook
[Image: uoSnHwz.jpg]

I couldn't finish this because some things came up, also made some quick sketches for future stuff
[Image: BhIHNno.jpg]

finished the image from yesterday and made this
[Image: 2bY0fGi.jpg]

Finished the one from yesterday and finished the line sketch on this. Went back and edited my last painting before I started working on this comic, I forgot that I never shared it anywhere.
[Image: 30edKBW.jpg]

it almost doesn't matter how this turns out in the end because I'm having so much fun making these sketches and I think I'm learning a lot, it's really getting me out of my comfort zone that's for sure. I'm not adding any of the text because if I make a custom font I should be able to use this comic as one of my graduation projects for university and I'm waiting to start lectures and talk with one of my teachers to help me out.
[Image: ukmXVRU.jpg]

I took a photo when we were getting on the plane because the lighting was crazy and today I made a little watercolor painting from it. I also finished the line sketch on the image from yesterday and play around with painting one of the panels but I didn't work on anything else because my head's not in it.
 I wish I had done the last pages first because I got all the easy stuff out of the way but now university is starting in a few days and I'm really out of it. 
Also I've mostly done line art for a while now and my painting skill is really falling behind, or maybe my expectations are too unrealistic idk but I suck ass and its not good
Started drawing early in the morning, that's definitely best for me I just have so much more energy. That being said I did draw all day, making stuff from imagination is so damn draining for me and after I run out of juice I just start making really bad drawing back to back. I'll go do something else and then try to get some more drawing done after dinner.

[Image: IoK3Ugy.jpg]

[Image: COu36b1.jpg]

I also want to go back and redo some panels on older pages but if I go down that rabbit how this is never getting finished.

unless I get carried away again I should have only 3 pages left and then I'll have to figure out how to paint all of this. I've been thinking of keeping some of the lines and trying to idk make more of a line art thing instead of painting everything because it would make things much easier on me when it comes to painting faces. This anime style is easy to draw but I think its really hard to paint I think.
I've wanted to make a Sekiro shadows die twice image for a long time and today I sketched this in one of my lectures

[Image: nlMMqWi.jpg]

and the digital version

[Image: m5o49D2.jpg]

I didn't realize how much crap sekiro is wearing until I started it's kind of ridiculous. I wanted to sketch this in photoshop and then copy it on paper and make a watercolor painting but I think that would be way too hard, I'm not sure if I can paint this digitally honestly, I'm super out of practice -_-
I want this game and I want it now
[Image: hyK86aJ.jpg]

saving the hard stuff for last lol
I kind of forgot to post stuff yesterday but here is some drawings 

[Image: ksd9JG3.jpg]

made some lines and worked on the sekiro thing

[Image: QCRz43I.jpg]

this is a stupid parody for a game that's coming out in 6 months and I decided that its kind of stupid to spend to much time on it so I'm stopping now and I'll work on it some more idk when like a new trailer for the game comes out or something. I mostly just wanted to try out some painting things. Leaving it with all the blur until I feel like working on it some more
Yo I'll try posting once a week till I feel that I'm getting lazy then I'll start posting everyday again. Still drawing everyday I just don't like uploading stuff that's like 70% finished but I'm too lazy to finish it.

lines for the last comic pages 

[Image: qeSpnrR.jpg]
[Image: joJlDce.jpg]

the face smush thing is giving me lots of trouble, at first I had it where you can't see the face at all and I liked it a lot but when I showed it to a friend he couldn't even tell where the face was so... idk I need to figure it out

[Image: z5qlZ7E.jpg]

I'll end it here just so I can get some painting done, I'm getting too comfortable with doing just lines everyday. That being said comic is on hold till I talk with my university teachers and then I'll probably go back and redo some things and figure out how the panels and text is going to work.

Also I saw that artstation is doing a feudal japan challenge and I've been drawing feudal japan-ish stuff for a while it only makes sense to try and participate in it. I'm not taking it very seriously or anything just need an excuse to paint and try out new things.

[Image: d5Zoo4J.jpg]

some sketches that started out on paper

[Image: ZgRrUfb.jpg]

and started this fucking terrible painting that I re painted like 3 times and almost re drew everything before I realized I'm too lazy to do that.

-,--,-,-,--,-,-
Worked on this some more

[Image: nEMJ55X.jpg]

I'll try to fix it once I've sketched out the other images 

[Image: ZTWDneF.jpg]

started working on the second image, changed it up a bit.
[Image: 1tejlax.jpg]

I'm painting this one in a much more simple way. I don't know why I don't start every painting like this it makes so much more sense. Influenced by the round brush challenge

Also working on some comic covers because I need to get those done pronto, will post stuff later
Actually the image from yesterday looks a bit boring and flat I think changing the camera angle would be good so I drew this just now

[Image: 1zKtTBR.jpg]

I think its a bit better but I'm not sure I really like the other version too. Still needs some tweaks here and there to get it looking right but its mostly sketched out the way I want. I need to make the guy sitting have the same gesture as the sketch from yesterday but its too hard to draw x.x

Nothing I hate more that putting effort in an image and then just throwing it out, it just feels so bad. I think I'll do some mapcruch studies for a few days because I'm super mentally exhausted from doing all this imagination work, I'm still not at the point where you can just draw stuff and have it look semi-ok and its killing me
[Image: qEEO5gc.jpg]

I found out about the round brush challenge thing and made this image. Normal round brush only, I really like painting like this but I'm really slow with the lasso tool
[Image: NKGR0ho.jpg]

[Image: 2H7hbKL.jpg]

made these two and started working on the 4th image. Once I get that done I'll go back and work on the previous once some more.
I've been mostly copying art I like in a little notebook with ink, just like quick screen caps and stuff
Here is one from a scene in Kiki's delivery services that I started in one of my lectures but couldn't finish

[Image: PSGR5UK.jpg]

I've got a lot of these, some are just drawings of people around me others are just copying stuff for fun. Good stress relief 

some digital things too

[Image: fJwr4dr.jpg]

[Image: nk9u3tc.jpg]

[Image: vejpqD4.jpg]

I've been noticing more people have started browsing the sketchbook threads
I really like your picture with the cat and the man from the back. The composition is compelling and has a fresh everydays feeling, with a touch of mistery and some very dynamics angles. I like oyur environmeent overall, its cool that you do some full scenes with character and background. are you going for an anime style?
(10-12-2018, 09:09 AM)Baldgate Wrote: I really like your picture with the cat and the man from the back. The composition is compelling  and has a fresh everydays feeling, with a touch of mistery and some very dynamics angles. I like oyur environmeent overall, its cool that you do some full scenes with character and background. are you going for an anime style?

I tried drawing in an anime style but its way too hard for me, I'm really bad at line art, so I'm just kind of painting the way that feels most natural for me. If I had to give an example of a style I'm trying to paint like I'll probably say Wenjun Lin.
Sick artist you have for reference, Instantly subbed on artstation.

Line is hard yeah, can't hide mistake at all. I think sound drawing is hard for everyone but don't give up, you ll get better eventually with practice ! (like us all).
[Image: QAY8L6B.jpg]

The big blue painting
[Image: dKIALan.jpg]

this is nice, very bright and saturated but doesn't burn my eyes