Zodd Sketchbook
Hay man! I had a look on your gestures and I have some advices to help you out with some energy inside them, try to make those line more freely without interruption and with pinball effect on them. Have a look on Michael Hampton Design and Ivention book, he has some nice perception of what to do studying gestures! Keep doing them, you're doing REALLY well!! I would love to see csome aplication of those gestures in art pieces!!! Be safe man!
(01-16-2019, 11:05 PM)Matheus Chastinet Wrote: Hay man! I had a look on your gestures and I have some advices to help you out with some energy inside them, try to make those line more freely without interruption and with pinball effect on them. Have a look on Michael Hampton Design and Ivention book, he has some nice perception of what to do studying gestures! Keep doing them, you're doing REALLY well!! I would love to see csome aplication of those gestures in art pieces!!! Be safe man!

Nice! Ill search for this book  Wink
Hey guys, what is your opinions about the use of Smudge tool for finishing a study or rendering a job? I've tried on this sketch a little.

You need to add the skin texture(the pore of the skin around the nose and near the between the eye and some light rinkle of the forehead).For the pore of the skin.It a brush with alot of dot.It take time to figure out how to apply without going overboard.Just make sure that the skin doesn't look like a doll if you see what i mean.The secret is to click rather than to drag the brush because it a texture brush.Remember to use a color near the zone you working on that is of the same color but darker than the zone your applying on to get the contrast you need to indicate a skin pore.You can leave area where there highlight because those contrast would be wash off.Apply the texture where the form is transitioning into the light.Also if you want to get extra point you can use the same texture and draw the pore of the beard.

Sorry for my fail attempt it still fairly new to me in fact it was my first attempt.Zoom in if needed.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-17-2019, 04:30 PM)darktiste Wrote: You need to add the skin texture(the pore of the skin around the nose and near the between the eye and some light rinkle of the forehead).For the pore of the skin.It a brush with alot of dot.It take time to figure out how to apply without going overboard.Just make sure that the skin doesn't look like a doll if you see what i mean.The secret is to click rather than to drag the brush because it a texture brush.Remember to use a color near the zone you working on that is of the same color but darker than the zone your applying on to get the contrast you need to indicate a skin pore.You can leave area where there highlight because those contrast would be wash off.Apply the texture where the form is transitioning into the light.Also if you want to get extra point you can use the same texture and draw the pore of the beard.

Sorry for my fail attempt it still fairly new to me in fact it was my first attempt.Zoom in if needed.
Good idea, I'll search for more techniques tutorials about that!
Weekly studies, trying hard the anatomy thing! I've plans to get more productive on the next week...

great stuff mate keep it up.... keep pumping them out....

not sure how you do your routine if you have one at all lol but maybe you could try and get some gesture drawing in.... like 20 minutes of 1 min gesture warmups before getting started for the day and to give your figures more movement https://bit.ly/2CwiPUJ
The ideal proportion for a man are 8 head tall you did a 9 1/2 head tall figure this can be consider stylisation but if it unintentional i want to bring the issue to light.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-20-2019, 12:54 PM)darktiste Wrote: The ideal proportion for a man are 8 head tall you did a 9 1/2 head tall figure this can be consider stylisation but if it unintentional i want to bring the issue to light.

Yeah, that was a mistake, thanks for the correction
(01-20-2019, 10:58 AM)slash razor Wrote: great stuff mate keep it up.... keep pumping them out....

not sure how you do your routine if you have one at all lol but maybe you could try and get some gesture drawing in.... like 20 minutes of 1 min gesture warmups before getting started for the day and to give your figures more movement https://bit.ly/2CwiPUJ

Thank you! I'll do this, i really need to free the hand before start the daily studies xD
Weekly studies, from reference and imagination! xD

Sketch for fun:

Studies of the week, focused on colors, light and values:

Weekly studies! Focused on painting still life and some sketches from imagination and references:

Looking good! I think you can push your darks a bit darker in some of these, like the Orc Portrait. Consider looking into how Ambient Occlusion works a bit more - it'll add a lot to these. For example, softening and darkening the potato's edge as it 'rolls' into the fabric will make it feel a lot more like it's actually laying on there.

Keep it up!
(02-10-2019, 08:48 PM)Prov Wrote: Looking good! I think you can push your darks a bit darker in some of these, like the Orc Portrait. Consider looking into how Ambient Occlusion works a bit more - it'll add a lot to these. For example, softening and darkening the potato's edge as it 'rolls' into the fabric will make it feel a lot more like it's actually laying on there.

Keep it up!

Ty! I'll consider it next time! xD
Weekly studies, focused on human head planes and from imagination!

Weekly studies of clothes and folds:

Sketches, i've studying and testing Photoshop tools this week x)

Color and value studies: