Zodd Sketchbook
1 min gesture warm up:

Exploring design:

Basic expressions:

Trying character design:

Exercises:

From imagination:

Love the little rat-man design in post #162

Not a real crit but more of a suggestion of sorts - I've noticed in your gesture drawings they are mainly comprised of lots of little lines outlining the shape. An interesting study to do could be drawing the gesture and figure without taking your pen off the paper/tablet. Really feel the roundness of the chest, the flow of gesture from one limb to the next, instead of making a separate mark for every contour. Just an idea :)
Gesture and value simplification:

Wowww, long time since the last post, but i'm back, here's some warmup for tomorrow studies:

This style is funny so volumetric i like the contrast between the rounded form and the more elongated cylinder.It remind me of a flamingo that i also find to be kinda comical(funny) to.Would be interesting to see how you could incorporate more texture but also have those clean surface to contrast i think it would bring interest instead of making everything have almost the same read.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Some sketches:

Creepy Jake:

I definitevely have found where you get all that stylization from.Adventure time!!

My Sketchbook
(06-22-2019, 07:36 PM)darktiste Wrote: I definitevely have found where you get all that stylization from.Adventure time!!

Yeah, that's one of my biggest inspiration! xD
Render test:

More render test without reflected light:

The gesture thing:

Your lighting is slightly inconsistent in my opinion but it could be worst to.Remember that the light wrap around the ball Think of both horizontal and vertical wrapping to help feel the form if needed.Also your value are not going toward the dark enough it like it only mid and light value.

My Sketchbook
Having struggle with Ambient Occlusion :D

Gesture from poop imagination, 40 seconds each