Leo's Sketchbook
you're doing a great job and i'm happy to see you pushing through these exercises. you're also applying them which is the key to adding them which is the key to integrating this to your memory and that's great! your shapes have improved, but there is still some wonkyness and distortion.

if you wanna know why they're distorted, it's because of two things: your lines are not converging to the vanishing point correctly (this can be corrected by using the ruler, please use one) and also the boxes leave the 60 degree cone of vision. the cone of vision is very important to understand, otherwise you'll find yourself drawing some weird-looking technically correct boxes. look up the cone of vision and rotation exercises in scott robertson's how to draw book. really cement that info.

It's very important to use a ruler to correct yourself in perspective drawing, especially when you're doing ellipse work because if the cube is incorrect, your ellipse will be incorrect.

your ellipses are getting better, but they're still not in the correct degree for your cars, so that chapter from scott robertson's book on degree of ellipses and stuff will be a godsend.

another construction exercise you can try for wrapping your head around perspective is hands. i feel like they're the ultimate perspective exercise and they proved invaluable for me. i drew the 500 hand challenge and the first 200 were really weird looking. it's a good exercise.

keep at it. i see you did some MDJ exercises and I love that. Keep pushing man. and careful not to burn yourself out with studies. try to add some fun stuff too!

Wow Leo, an impressive amount of work here. All this perspective stuff will stand you in good stead for sure.

As Desquolor said, it is great that you're applying your learnings. Particularly taking stuff from real life and breaking them down into their basic forms - like you did with the alligator - this will boost you up to new heights!

Keep going dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Let's try this again... Doubtful

Some old arm studies, and Bridgman. 

I'm not sure I how should study Bridgman, I feel like I'm being too over-analytical. Should I just copy what I see in the book, or should I continue with trying to "construct the anatomy"  Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

Bridgman studies and some anatomy studies from Pinterest. Last 2 pages are from memory/imagination.

I'm trying to simply the arm muscles to memorize their shapes.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm still trying to find a figure drawing method that I like. Bridgman is complex but I feel like I learn a lot more when trying to construct the figure. Loomis skeleton is easier, but my figures look flat. I like Bridgman's style, but it can be really hard to understand his scribbles sometimes. I have been looking at references on Pinterest, and trying to construct them with bridgman's method.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think you are on the right path! I cant speak much to Bridgman's method since I have not looked into it much yet, but your progress is definitely showing. I wonder if focusing on a single body part rather than the entire figure every time would help? Some advice another artist gave me awhile back was to draw the part 100 times, and then bring it back to the entire figure. You were doing that in a few of your sketches above.Either way still great work! Your progress from the beginning of your sketch book to now definitely shows!

One advise you need to relax with the muscle man there other morphology than that but it good to learn muscle by using this type of strong man since muscle are more develop. But studying only strong men it not gonna give you really variety anyways it just a observation you can take it as an advise to.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.