Zeker's Sketchbook
Hello, I just joined here not too long ago. I couldn't quite find many places that had dedicated groups of people who wanted to improve altogether. I am still a student in training and I will be working myself up so that I can become a professional.

Since this is the first thread, I'm just going to post some of the works to show where I am currently at. 

[Image: D2HGkt0VAAEFdAj?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: DynGr3lV4AEyY0d?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: DynGtzRUcAExe2j?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: DynGuivU8AIyOeF?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

[Image: DynGvFEUUAENAoW?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: DvvsFbsU0AAe9Nk?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

[Image: Du3FKkDVAAUETAt?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

[Image: Qc92PU4.jpg]
[Image: dV4vCoL.jpg]

These are not entirely in the right order but you get the idea. 

I will post more in the upcoming future, and they're probably be more about studies rather than stuff like this.
I've been kind of stuck with figuring out how I'd go about making color comps for this.

Just gonna post some progress here anyway

[Image: hq28waE.jpg]
All of your stuff looks really good! Such nice lighting and form!

Idk but for me it number 6 it the one with the most read to me if you want to put the emphasis on the character the other 5 just feel like they blend into there environnement.I would just probably decrease the read of the lower body as it not necessarly where you want the eye to go... and i think it would help to move the character forward if you see what i mean.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from is own error.
(07-09-2019, 12:50 AM)JosephCow Wrote: All of your stuff looks really good! Such nice lighting and form!

Ah, thank you!

I'm still trying to train myself until I can just paint more reliably.
(07-09-2019, 01:00 AM)darktiste Wrote: Idk but for me it number 6 it the one with the most read to me if you want to put the emphasis on the character the other 5 just feel like they blend into there environnement.I would just probably decrease the read of the lower body as it not necessarly where you want the eye to go... and i think it would help to move the character forward if you see what i mean.

Yeah, I did try to attempt to get a fade out with the lower half from the black and white versions of these, but I guess that didn't quite translate into color. I'll try to get a fix with some of them that I feel have a better chance than the others. 

Though I'm still not sure if it would be a value problem or a hue/saturation problem. I'll just test things out until I get an answer.
More work in progress stuff for this project

[Image: daxEajg.jpg]

Going with concept 4 from the top. Trying to expand upon the thumbnail.

[Image: VixCUa6.jpg]

After refining the thumbnail I started to sculpt out the character with light. Still haven't really added any cast shadows, and the form shadows aren't quite done either. But I figured it'd be fun to upload the whole process while I'm at it. 

[Image: RcVaV9P.jpg]
[Image: D_H4REXUEAAtbJS?format=jpg&name=medium]

Just a sketch 

[Image: 51onoZg.jpg]

And a color study from today. Using gradient maps to get a black and white version of the objects as close to 
the photo as possible.
I've been constantly chipping away at this piece. Hopefully I can get it finished soon

[Image: 2tgzQOz.png]

[Image: OmWOtWl.jpg]

[Image: HdimkIv.jpg]
[Image: xIhC409.jpg]

Still unfinished, more towards rendering this badboy