drifter93's sketchbook
Thanks for the advice darktiste, been working on the refined outlines for the sketch. I know not everything is going to perfectly match up to the photo but it's as close as I can manage for now.

The left arm still as some issue and the right foot to i am not gonna say what exactly after all you should not rely to much on other people observation you should start to be able to quickly notice error with even small tips.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(11-08-2019, 10:52 AM)drifter93 Wrote: The thing that I notice the most about my image is it doesn't have the same weight or feeling of volume as the photo. Not sure whether I can fix that at my current skill level though, so I'll just keep trying to improve it as I go.

If something doesn't have "weight" or feeling of volume to it, it probably has to do with the form. One way to convey form is to have a variation of line stroke (light to dark; thin to thick; or combination of both)

When you outline every element in the subject, it's makes it look like a symbol. Like how children draw eyes by drawing a circle (the iris) inside an oblong (the white of the eye).

You are fixing it whether you're aware of it or not. At the very least, you are fixing it incrementally. Exploring is a way of trying to fix things. The worst thing that could happen here is doing the "wrong" thing, only to make you realize in the end that the process isn't a good way to approach things for the next piece you will do.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead