Handsome Korean's Sketchbook
(03-27-2020, 10:07 AM)chubby_cat Wrote: Just a couple of ideas:
- Try leaving the face until last. The whole concept of 'saving the best for last' where you do all the "boring" things before the exciting part in hopes it keeps you motivated.
- Experiment with using masks to cover the faces. Your sketchbook has a medieval/fantasy theme, so there's so many cool design things you could do with masks (you could also look at making masks as doing  material studies of sorts).
- Draw more full body images. Everything is cut off at the waist/chest or is a bust. If you want to stop focusing on the faces, you need to stop doing portrait style compositions.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to seeing more!! :)
Thanks,
agreed 100%. Gonna draw some backgrounds with little face for my next peice
[Image: iAmb4fD.jpg]
Seriously great stuff man! Love how you paint the faces and your color choices.
Reminds me of some portrait art from old Bioware and Black Isle games, but with a more modern look.
Lil note for yourself the armor chest piece doesn't seem to follow the correct perspective the further side shouldn't be higher than the nearest side.The problem i think is making ellipse in perspective You should at least correct the ellipse.I would advise you go back and do some ellipse in perpestive as practice.

For the rest pretty spot on.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(03-31-2020, 01:55 AM)darktiste Wrote: Lil note for yourself the armor chest piece doesn't seem to follow the correct perspective the further side shouldm't be higher than the nearest side.The problem i think is making ellipse in perspective You should at lebast correct the ellipse.I would advise you go back and do some ellipse in perpestive as practice.

For the rest pretty spot on.
yes i agree, it looks wonky

been a while since i posted, almost one year. been busy with business
decided to dabble with art again and obviously protrait piece again XD
[Image: SbUlfJu.png]
[Image: Ov0E125.jpg]
Great art! Your sense of the human figure and rendering is on expert-level. One thing that I think need some work tho, is your sense of placing the shapes in actual 3D space. 

I made a quick and dirty overpaint to show what I mean. Sorry for the small text, but I'm to lazy to go back and change it  Stupid

(03-06-2021, 09:12 PM)Zorrentos Wrote: Great art! Your sense of the human figure and rendering is on expert-level. One thing that I think need some work tho, is your sense of placing the shapes in actual 3D space. 

I made a quick and dirty overpaint to show what I mean. Sorry for the small text, but I'm to lazy to go back and change it  Stupid
agree with eveyrthing here , need to work on my anatomy

back from the dead. still doing art but arely

[Image: KOP8fff.jpg]
Really great work here, really enjoy your paintings. You have a solid understanding of color and values as well as lightning, and a unique style to boot. Keep it going!

Big Grin 
(02-12-2022, 04:43 PM)cgmythology Wrote: Really great work here, really enjoy your paintings.  You have a solid understanding of color and values as well as lightning, and a unique style to boot.  Keep it going!

than you bro , i will keep going. hope you do too

just another portrait  Laugh
[Image: P9muSut.png]

[Image: wzgzEQb.jpg]
another portrait sketch
guile fanart
[Image: NuDMIeY.jpg]
portrait practice
[Image: d65orwd.png]
Nice painting first of all but i want to share an observation for you to improve your perception of detail.

The hair flow doesn't look to natural i am not a strong candidat to explain it but the weight of those strand of hair just wrap to much against gravity. It almost like you took reference from 2 picture but didn't really made sense of it.Because it create the pattern of hair you would see if she as hair in some kind of poney tail behind her head where there clearly is no poney tail to be found.Also this would be possible to have something similar to what you envisonned but this would probably require some kind of fixative which my alterate the look of the hair to be more shiny or wet .I think your hair mass as to much volume to behave in the manner you portrait it to be believable. It not sticking to the head which mean it doesn't have gel in the hair so and i doubt fixative can really do much for hair with that much weight.Note also that her hair are slightly shorter compare to the example i provide to illustrate my obeservation they are going down her shoulder in my example will you have hair that fall on her back in your picture.

I think the only plausible solution would be if she had some kind of clip to hold the hair in place and i think it would make for a nice decorative element.

I still hope this was useful in a way.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
[Image: oCg3bxz.jpg]

darktisteNice paint first of all but i want to share an observation for you to improve your perception of detail.

The hair flow doesn't look to natural i am not a strong candidat to explain it but the weight of those strand of hair just wrap to much against gravity. It almost like you took reference from 2 picture but didn't really made sense of it.Because it create the pattern of hair you would see if she her hair in some kind of poney tail behind her head where there clearly is no poney tail to be found.Also this would be possible to have something similar to what you envisonned but this would probably require some kind of fixative which my alterate the look of the hair to know more shiny or wet .I think your hair mass as to much volume to behave in the manner you portrait it to be believable it not sticking to the head which mean it doesn't have gel in and i doubt fixative can really do much for hair with that much weight.Note also that her hair are slightly shorter compare to the example i provide to illustrate my obeservation they are going down her shoulder in my example will you have hair that fall on her back in your picture.

I think the only plausible solution would be if she had some kind of clip to hold the hair in place and i think it would make for a nice decorative element.

I still hope this was useful in a way.

appreciate the valuable feedback. already paying more attention to how hair flows more when im doing portriats now
doing some head anatomy studies

[Image: mo57LFW.png]
trying something leyendeckerish.
and studyinh different head angles

wish i can sit down and just do one big illustration piece but dont feel  i have the confidence to go rthrough with it

my paintings sitll look too digital. need to find a way to make them look more organic and have texture
[Image: gTnbL5o.png]

[Image: 8XVXeo5.png]
Hey, amazing stuff in here! Your rendering is top notch and especially the portraits are very good. In the latest girl one the hair is definitely improved.

If you want to make an illustration but feel intimidated by it the best thing to do is a lot of quick thumbnail drawings and sketches of the different elements you want to include. No need to jump into it all at once and hope it will turn out well. With proper planning you can guarantee yourself it will turn out good.

Maybe another thing I would suggest is to focus on the drawing aspect more since some of your pieces lack a bit of structure and perspective. Nailing down the drawing helps with that a lot.

Keep it up! you have so much potential and you're already incredibly skilled!
(04-14-2022, 05:07 PM)antonjd Wrote: Hey, amazing stuff in here! Your rendering is top notch and especially the portraits are very good. In the latest girl one the hair is definitely improved.

If you want to make an illustration but feel intimidated by it the best thing to do is a lot of quick thumbnail drawings and sketches of the different elements you want to include. No need to jump into it all at once and hope it will turn out well. With proper planning you can guarantee yourself it will turn out good.

Maybe another thing I would suggest is to focus on the drawing aspect more since some of your pieces lack a bit of structure and perspective. Nailing down the drawing helps with that a lot.

Keep it up! you have so much potential and you're already incredibly skilled!

been following your tips with these studies
going to start trying out thumbnails and actual planning with my next ones

[Image: 0XbrbnS.jpg]

[Image: d9cn685.jpg]
Great looking sketch of the boxers! There is a lot of cool expressions and life in your drawings!

(04-25-2022, 04:35 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: Great looking sketch of the boxers! There is a lot of cool expressions and life in your drawings!

thank you. i ve been focusing on expression lately to make my characters look more lively

decided to do an ilustration piece startign from composition. almost quit a couple times and contemplated deleting htis painting but glad i went through wiht it and finished it. felt tons of despair throughout the piece due to the sheer amount of things i had to learn topaint

took 3 -4 days doing this piece.
exhausted but feel like i leveled up a bit with this painting.

[Image: hBh2Jsd.jpg]
Her leg look very thic i don't know if you noticed.Apart from that i think it a good effort.The weapon could use some kind of handle for some grip.Also i don't know what magic she using but that weapon must be very heavy which it doesn't necessary seem to be i think i would expect the back part to be lower and the front a bit higher just due to the point of balance on her shoulder.It just a question of weight distribution.

My Sketchbook