Ena_lvr20’s sketchbook
Been drawing for a while, thought this site looked cool. Here’s something I finished today and some sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the forum!

Nice sketches and I like the colours on the painting.

You got any particular goals or styles you are going for?

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(06-02-2020, 06:55 AM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

Nice sketches and I like the colours on the painting.

You got any particular goals or styles you are going for?
 Thank you! Yeah, I want a comic book like style, at least with how I draw people, I’ve been trying to learn coloring through Sinix design, I really like his work!
I’m stopping by with more of my work, I will need to work on my lighting more, I’ve been focusing on color a lot. Most of these are fan arts of idols but added in a Naomi fan art, it took me a while to draw, and more original stuff towards the end. I’ve also been going through draw a box’s lessons these days too, I know it will help in the future

Attached Files Image(s)

Simplify your approch i think your chewing more than you can chew right now.

Let talk about here the hair as an example it look more like some fabric than it look like hair in my opinion i also see that your brush stroke aren't really showing you control what your doing it more like guess work sometime and there time where you even go outside the line that a big nono in general unless it done with attention to look interesting and complement the piece.

Also it strange how you mix lineart with certain area that look more painted without outline it just isn't working for me.You can mix both having a painterly feel and outline but where you need to make a choose is if you have or not outline around the figure.Maybe it just that your showing art work who are still work in progress.

One other thing is how your cloth show you don't understand how it wrap around the figure.I know it probably not what you want to hear but it the best time to hear it.If you want to have fun with drawing get the hard stuff out the way or just going to be a struggle because you fight all the way to the finish and realize you aim to high.It hard to explain what i mean by get the hard stuff out of the way but let resume it to everything your are not doing and you know you should be doing to improve your drawing.It kinda hard for you to understand what this mean if you don't know want what kind of drawing you want to make.Well let say the more you know what kind of stuff you like to draw the better you get there faster.

I know it not fun to have someone pop the ballon when maybe all you want is to have fun.But if you want to see your skill improve it a good idea to consider what i said.

Your already on a good start if your doing the draw box exercuse so don't forget to post them in here they might be hard to show but don't worry about that it worst not showing them at all.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
I like how these sketches flow: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...33575.jpeg
Are they from life?

I had a look at Sinix' work. Here the lines are sometimes painterly, thicker and colored. Maybe that's one thing you could have a go at?

I agree you have to train a lot of different things but by all means also keep drawing/painting whatever you feel like in parallel, you will learn from that too.

(06-13-2020, 09:38 AM)darktiste Wrote: Don’t worry, I’m taking my time : ) thank you for your thoughts, I’ll be sure to share some of the exercises when I get the chance. I don’t get what you mean about the the line art, but sometimes I leave it in other times I blend it out. I’ve been working on hair cause I know it’s one of a weak point of mine.
(06-15-2020, 10:34 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: I like how these sketches flow: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/attachme...33575.jpeg
Are they from life?

I had a look at Sinix' work. Here the lines are sometimes painterly, thicker and colored. Maybe that's one thing you could have a go at?

I agree you have to train a lot of different things but by all means also keep drawing/painting whatever you feel like in parallel, you will learn from that too.
 Thank you! Yeah I used photos for those.
I haven’t really drawn much, I’m not satisfied with how the skin on the face came out, I wanted it more smooth, but I guess that’s what practice is for. Here are some exercises of draw a box that I have pictures of right now, I did the other exercises from lesson 1, I’ll post them later. A sketch too.

Attached Files Image(s)

More Pictures

Attached Files Image(s)

I recommend to redo the drawbox exercise and read the common mistake section with more attention.You need to draw more to get better line quality you also need to pratice awareness of pressure sentitivity if you want to improve the quality of that line.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.