one_two's sketchbook
cgmythology, thanks, it wasn't a study but who cares anyway :D
hristovdraws, thanks
Darktiste, thanks, you're right I scaled him up a little
Here's another b/w compo I painted for training.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice painting! I really like paintings with this kind of indirect lighting, it's a nice break from what's typical, and can show off big shapes of local color or value more. That being said though, I think you could ground the figures more by using your black value in those shapes of shadow where the light is blocked, especially since their clothing is about the same value as the background. I think that would help the composition.

I love the sketchy trees in the background, looks satisfying

JosephCow, thanks, i guess you're right, i did some tweaking with levels and reuploaded the image.

Attached Files Image(s)

psh.psh

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice!
Love the previous studies and especially those oil paintings are impressive
The most recent bw scenes are interesting, like old photos documenting travelers.

I also like the characters in the last piece a lot
I think it could help to perhaps push the lighting a bit to have more focus on them?
Or maybe just desaturating the forest a little would already do that

Not sure if this is any helpful at all
but here's an attempted overpaint

good stuff, keep it up :)
Nice updates here! Your latest is looking good, great composition and great character designs. The paintover posted about should be helpful as well and I hope you incorporate it. Looking forward to seeing it progress further!

ohnooo, thanks for comment and advice
cg, thanks for stopping by

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-27-2023, 03:24 AM)Nice work! Right now the guys face on the right looks more defined than the guy on the left I think its too soft but adding some light and shadow should help make the facial features pop. Unless that was the intent to drive focus to the other guy.one_two Wrote: ohnooo, thanks for comment and advice
cg, thanks for stopping by

Front End Developer by day but an Artist by Night
"Artists help artists"
My Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Youtube Lets Learn 3D
nufftalon, thanks for input
here's a time-lapse video

Attached Files Image(s)

psh.psh

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome updates here! Loving the medieval style paintings, and the latest character design is aces! Great job!

thanks, cg
painted a Diablo 2 fanart, here's a video process

Attached Files Image(s)

You should do some Frank Frazetta study i think it would help you further the expressiveness in your work.To me you are still doing artwork that i would qualify as very static and i think you can tell so much more if only you think more about other thing then just rendering it also about subject matter and action.

You can find some of is artwork here http://frankfrazetta.org

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
I like her belt and collar thing, looks pretty cool!

Nice one, very solidly drawn and painted, with some great brushwork as well!

darktiste, i do agree, you have a point
cg, JosephCow, thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Loving your latest, very dynamic composition! Maybe lower the contrast a bit as things go further back to give more depth to the image. Hope to see you develop it further!

(08-04-2023, 01:22 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Loving your latest, very dynamic composition!  Maybe lower the contrast a bit as things go further back to give more depth to the image.  Hope to see you develop it further!

Also the saturation shift according to the value of the particle in the atmosphere and the edge quality get fuzzy as object move back in space.

Where i think it specially visible is toward the far background it to green in saturation compare to the green in the foreground

Source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vAAArSDys

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
cg, darktiste, thanks, i did it on purpose, the contrast in the back

Attached Files Image(s)

You've been busy! Nice updates here, really dig the variety of faces in your digital studies, especially in regards to color. Nice gesture work with your latest linework as well, very well done!