BrotherOstavia's sketchbook
Urrrghhhh that 4 armed samurai <3! Assuming you have tried the lasso tool and gradients, I was just wondering why you avoid using them in so much of your work? I've looked closely and I can't see evidence of them anywhere. Of course, I don't mean to say everyone has to use them. Was just wondering what your train of thought is for not :)

(05-13-2013, 12:33 PM)Jaik Wrote: Urrrghhhh that 4 armed samurai <3! Assuming you have tried the lasso tool and gradients, I was just wondering why you avoid using them in so much of your work? I've looked closely and I can't see evidence of them anywhere. Of course, I don't mean to say everyone has to use them. Was just wondering what your train of thought is for not :)

Hey Jaik nice question. I do use the lasso tool for sharp silhouettes like for example the weapons in the samurai drawing but it's true that I avoid gradients. Not sure why but I guess I try to find a more painterly approach and, with gradients, I usually end covering it with flat strokes trying to break that artificial feeling.

Hope this makes sense!

that latest piece is insane man. Great work, keep it coming :)

your stuffs are awesome :)

Life is full of possibilities, If you don't make mistakes then you'll never learn.

Sketchbook
dA

Thank you guys! Here's more progress:

Attached Files Image(s)

And here's the finished version:

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff, this time a present for a friend:

Attached Files Image(s)

Arm studies:

Attached Files Image(s)

More things:

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work man. Your massacre en caracas is so cool
Keep posting
Love the crow and the drone

Thanks guys more things here. Done for learning about colours and of course, done for fun.

Attached Files Image(s)

Like ! :p fun with colors

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
More sketches:

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff:

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff:

Attached Files Image(s)

So much cool stuff man, really impressive work. Keep it up!

Thanks Will. More sketches:

Attached Files Image(s)

Studies:

Attached Files Image(s)

Really cool designs, keep them coming!