BrotherOstavia's sketchbook
Work in progress!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dat clown.. so creepy..

So much good work in here man. Those film studies are really good for just an hour. Have you studied MMA stills (I saw you did one for bounced light) but for the poses your robots can take/ movements etc. Might give a bit of inspiration, since mechs can look a bit.. robotic. (See what I did there xP)

Boy it,s been a while since my last visit. Tons of awesome stuff <3 Makes me jelly ;) Hope you're doing great!

Thanks guys! I need to keep kicking my lazy ass but I'm working on it.

More progress on this:

Attached Files Image(s)

More stuff:

Attached Files Image(s)

Next mech in the making:

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying new things here:

Attached Files Image(s)

Sick sketch book dude! I love that last post. Its always good to experiment.

Thanks! More:

Attached Files Image(s)

holllyyy shit. this looks amazing. That experiment of the pixel sort of sprite looking thing is really cool. look up the animation in photoshop thing dan and dave were talking about at the workshop and try to make a gif or something, would be really cool to see.

More Raijin poop guys!

Attached Files Image(s)

Always love your updates dude, so good. These Raijin pieces are too awesome, really dig the details in the shadows. Subtly painted, but they add so much. Keep it coming man :)

Thanks Jake, time for a massive update!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys, been trying to fix my values so I'm reversing engineering Anthony Jones' work:

Attached Files Image(s)

Woah. awesome stuff around here! Keep'em coming! \m/

Awesome stuff Jon, really great to see all the things you're learning being applied to your personal project , keep it all up :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Full of awesomness.

You crazy mother---
I would love to see some notes of what you learnt during these value studies. Anthony Jones was a really good choice for them as well. A lot of the Applibot artists really nail values in more of an illustrative setting, so maybe you might want to look up some of them (check the art book we got from the workshop :P )

Good job man, really keen to see more from you. Happy new year and keep pushing it!

Thanks guys! Been doing the same these days but with Dave Rapoza's values:

Attached Files Image(s)

So much cool... just so much cool!

Love these updates and damn that's a bloody good way of studying ~

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all