Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Damians Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

deerandfox

1 hr yeaah

deerandfox

Study for faces, and a WIP cityscape, my god they are intricate when your this close and not zoomed out. A necessary thing to know how to paint though really.

deerandfox

Been doing face studies and colour studies that i keep forgetting to post before i delete them, but this one is applying what i've learnt so far, screaming faces have always been a problem for me but i feel like im getting the hang of it, as well as using colour. Still so much to learn but at least i can start a character and tell something is improving.

deerandfox

Back study
nice studies!
I like the last study keep it up man

deerandfox

20 mins, colour practice
Nice enviro's man and making steady progress on characters! Also next time you do a study like the back for example, maybe try get a contrast between hard edges on the focal point and soft edges everywhere else. Anyway though keep it up!
Nice stuff. Really like the WIP at the top of the page, the monk guy. I wouldn't be able to tell you why (sorry, still a rookie with this stuff) But it just feels really lively. There's a real sense of movement which can be hard to get. Love it. :)

deerandfox

Cheers guys, @jacob, yeah man i gotta get a good mix happening. And @Jake, i like adding cloaks and or massive hand gestures and poses rather than static ones, i find characters a little bit boring to do otherwise!

deerandfox

Another colour test one, about 20 mins

deerandfox

Slowly getting there, still not finished, any crits welcome, i want it to get a decent mark!

deerandfox

Two recent studies,
The astronaut piece looks great. One thing that kinda jumps out is the blur on the rock at the back. It kinda jumps out as a "motion blur filter" whereas everything else looks quite natural. I dno, just a thought. Apart from that, I love it. Really cool mood, looking forward to seeing the final :)

deerandfox

i can just paint it blurred perhaps, or redo it, hmm i'll have a think about that one, cheers dude!
Great studies, the astronaut is great

deerandfox

Taking elements of my studies and trying to apply them, at the moment i think his arm is a bit off, and somethings bugging me about his chest. Trying not to over do anything and keep it all full of life, but it really means that every brush stroke counts! Hard to get the hang of.

deerandfox

30 min hand study, deliberately trying to put less brush strokes and more subtle purples and cool greens into shaded areas, it differs from the reference pic but thats kind of what i was after.

deerandfox

Starting a new one today, hopefully it doesnt turn out like a rip off of any Kekai stuff, i always get worried if i try do a massive scale thing. Good practice anyway

Actually coming along a lot nicer than i thought it might, any suggestions?
That astronaut is dope! Finish that shit!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10