Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Damians Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

revanthem

browsing your sketchbook is really fun man keep doing it ;) i don't know nothing about digital paint i'm still trad.. but have you tryed using textures or noise ? excuse my ignorance xD

deerandfox

not really dude, not big on textures myself, the soft brush i use in photoshop already has noise set onto it, so yeah, probably shouldnt add more :) thanks for looking!
Nice dude, love Feng's videos. Some awesome stuff in there. As always, looking sweet, I love that sketch of the helmeted guy. Got a really cool mood. Keep it coming man.

deerandfox

I have no idea. Just want to experiment

Colour comp thing

deerandfox

Shit keep finding stuff i did during the past few days, i think i'll just keep adding sketches to this page till its full then start another.

deerandfox

New one, some air ships.

deerandfox

bear sketch, just trying to get an idea down with as little strokes as possible on one layer with harmonious colours. Pretty friggin hard.

and lighting and colour study
Dude I love your Landscapes There Awesome great work on them though my one critique would be do not be afraid to put textures in there good for the paintings.
I love that airship picture by the way Keep it up :D

deerandfox

yeah textures are OK, but if your talking about the mountains that was never meant to look like a finished piece, it was to try to understand how to block in a painting with 100% opacity using natural colours. Its just good practice! Cheers for looking man!

deerandfox

i think its working. Got a 1930's pulp feel to it, i like that.

deerandfox

Boxing Day Sketch, this guy came together quickly, just gonna keep going i guess . Based on a vulture

deerandfox

Comp sketch, i really cant get into a painting lately (that im doing) unless it has a truly interesting composition or perspective.

deerandfox

Something from this afternoon, could turn out pretty disturbing (hopefully). Tentatively titled "Beach Party"
Some great energy in the last two pieces there. I really like the mood of the beach party. You've captured something solid with the light falling on the flesh of his leg and arm, definitely beginning to ground the elements in space there - nice work :)

deerandfox

thanks very much mate!

deerandfox

Sketch that i couldn't seem to take anywhere. Truly annoying.

and a girl from yesterday

deerandfox

orc bro

deerandfox

Todays effort, some sort of weird structure, a ship maybe.

deerandfox

Trying some new things, looking at a lot of LinRans colours and techniques, the dudes brilliant

oh and something from this morning

deerandfox

testing lighting and colours
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10