BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems!
Keep pushing it guys!
ok, so I choosed some sketches I liked and did a quick paintover, I need to work on the sorcerer now.
which golem you guys like the most?

quick tree texture study

Update more quick studies :)

rock and coral stuff in the ocean that will be element in the golem.

Practicing and searching for the right face and character.

More details for the designs of both character and golem.

(04-15-2013, 05:00 AM)Shuty Wrote: Keep pushing it guys!
ok, so I choosed some sketches I liked and did a quick paintover, I need to work on the sorcerer now.
which golem you guys like the most?

quick tree texture study

I like number 2 and number 5 the best. They tend to stand to me. They pop out at my imagination and the others seem to fade into the background. I think its because of the more apparent creature shape. The others look more like background trees and I think because of that my mind pushing them backward into space.

I've Been working on my sketches for my Wizard and Golem. I chose an odd theme. I was trying to think a bit outside the box, so I hope it works. I am a huge fan of Jim Butcher and Terry Pratchett and they have a bit of a different take on "wizards". I kind of let that influence me. I chose a Country Mage and Junkyard Golem. Wizards tend to be a bit cooky and crazy and if you have ever lived in the South then you have encountered some cooky and nutty rednecks. The staff is a carved walked stick which my grandpa used to have. It was a cool one and fit the character well I thought.

The golem will consist of: a Moonshine still, an old tire for a shoulder socket, a junkyard magnet for one leg, (ripped off of the crane not delicately assembled), The shovel of a bobcat for a left leg, an old car door for a shield, a motorcycle engine for a pelvis, one arm made from old parts laying around the junkyard, and another consisting of an old civil war cannon.

I am doing studies but with it being so close to the deadline ( just found out the contest a few weeks ago) I'll probably just start working on a pose and jumping in, doing my studies as I go. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And please ignore my crummy grammar.
I'm learning so much about photoshop doing this haha, stuff like clipping masks and making my own brushes and all sorts of fucntions I was oblivious to before! Great deal of headches though haha, but now I feel like I'm on the right track, so much work left to do still!

@Shuty, I like number 4! He probably needs to be able to move around though hehe

@IgorIV, you are improving rapidly, well done :-D

My current WIP and a study

Simonarpalmer, doing awesome job man. Really love your current process and idea about it . Keep it up!

something from me. Im not including any studies here, because I'm too lazy to upload them here. So some golem sketch, unfinished concept-portrait of a character and lineart for the final thing.

Ooh juicy stuff all round :)

Worked on the sorceress today, just need to nail down a few last details before I start my final.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Comp i decided to go with, the pencils are traditional, I'll post them in the final

Really nice stuff people!

@Shuty, I agree with Simon, I'm really diggin' No.4, there is a great sense of movement to its character, real smooth stuff.

I've got a few designs for the golem right now, I don't think I'll have much time this upcoming week to work any harder on them, so this is what I've got for variety.

I'd like to hear which ones you guys like! Any help would be appreciated. :]

Okay. Day one of sculpting. I'm gonna finish him tomorrow and start on the golem. This is what I got finished in a few hours. I am really enjoying 3D modeling in sculptris its like painting in 3 dimensions. This still needs a lot of work But I figured I would share.

Some comp ideas

[Image: dCp0FVo.jpg]
This is the progress on the Sorcerer concept I still gotta choose in which direction I'm going.

I did some studies of lodstone/magnetite crystals and electromagnetic fields to get inspiration for my design

here it is

[Image: More_studies.jpg]

[Image: character_options.jpg]
Dude these sketches remind me of Princess Mononoke. They are really awesome ! :)

(04-15-2013, 11:42 PM)Danjez Wrote: Some comp ideas

[Image: dCp0FVo.jpg]

Here is how my final is going for the Guild of Golems. Still have much to do like add some design elements and the staff for the dwarf and have lots to render for the golem still, adding highlights and textures etc. But this is a look at how its going so far. Hope you all like it !

-Sam

[Image: 906615_10200669978419375_284937449_o.jpg]
Hey everyone! Sorry for no update all weekend, had such a busy time. But it's monday now and so I finished this up so I could get to the actual piece, and hopefully have it done by Saturday at 5pm EST. I'll just start the comps now and do studies that need to be done for the piece as they're required.

[Image: Wolf_Running_April_11_2013.png]

I was happy with the wolf, now I just have to zombie him up haha.

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Hey guys! People are doing a really awesome job in this, lovely to see the designs being pushed in such crazy ways!!

I think I felt a bit burned up because of the last two bloodsports, so last week I kinda procrastinated more than anything, now I'm getting back to the rythm and starting to get excited with this one!

So my idea is to be a kind of paladin dude that uses some sort of holy power to summon dat big and bizarre armor dude. The overall design is there, but since last week I was highly uninspired I'll tackle the golem once again, just to refine the design a bit more to be up to par with the sorcerer dude (the golem is looking really weird!!)

The giant design I did last week, clumsy!!

Some silhouettes for the human dude, feel free to point out which one you like the most, since there's nothin define yet. but I need to start the studies and rendering ASAP!!!

and some line developing for some silhs that I liked

Wooow, good level around here...I dont know if I am going to make it for this one...I got stuck with the design but finally I got something...no much, but its a start! See you in the finals!
Go daggers!

@ Victor - great silhouettes, 7 and 13 seem the most interesting to me.

@Lucas ps - Great concept! They all look great!

I worked on my sand/glass golem and sorceress a little last night, today I hope to get the golem done, still a long way to go.

A little more...

Bad news T____T these studies were the last thing i was able to do before my tablet stopped working -_- hope I can find where to fix it or maybe i should buy a new one ..pfff I wanted so badly to fight laziness continue on this bloodsports till the end ..i guess i'm gonna continue traditionally with pencil just to feel that i didn't quit lol ^^ good luck to you guys! ^^

Great work so far everyone, keep it going strong!!

Priestess concepts