ABANDONED HIDEOUT
Thank you for advices and overpaint! It helps me a lot :)
Some stuff from Today, Federer quick Drawing. Studies from ref and imagination of Nadal dynamic pose. And a failed attempt at a car drawing. Which i never F do... But i feel like i need some perspective practice, specially cause im gonna be taking a class in comics soon.

[Image: 18479886102_35b76117e1_z.jpg]

[Image: 18484181645_edba2d2852_z.jpg]
[Image: 18479857532_c8b7b44553_z.jpg]

[Image: 18297989439_8ceb87e506_z.jpg]

[Image: 18296351978_6f1606ee9d_z.jpg]

Some stuff from yesterday, i gotta start some personal pieces, im getting study sickness..

[Image: 17922250984_d492822b0e_z.jpg]

[Image: 18357258800_e6d9f0b45b_z.jpg]

[Image: 18357258910_0397a34939_z.jpg]

[Image: 18546910831_771b5f12bd_z.jpg]

[Image: 18544964505_7a4763c91f_z.jpg]

Update

mixing birds and horses ??? I dunno .. anyways , guys , as u can probably tell I have a lot of trouble painting , specially minucia and subtle nuances resulting in too many hard edges imo. Anything else that u may notice that is wrong please point out ... these are some sketches and studies I also have a bunch of reference but it is not very beautiful to show so I just dont do it. If you do want to see it leave a message :D

PS- Im not aiming for high levels of rendering / hiper realism.

[Image: 547.jpg]
[Image: 547.jpg]

Hey Hobitt, I think something that would really benefit you at this point would be to study movie stills. I notice in all your pieces, the lighting rendering is really underwhelming, pale and stale. Something about how the lights hit your objects, the contrast, and the intensity being the same all the way throughout the piece.

Hello every one!
There is a 50 min study

@Jeso thanks for the suggestion

Love the smell of a movie still in the morning! the rest is in my sb.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthre...1#pid82951

Hey Hobitt- Nice studies man, good to see you just taken on those movie stills head on. Like i said earlier though, try to pay special attention to the lighting and how it hits your objects. Always keep in mind that this studies are meant to improve the areas of weakness in your work, they are not just to do them. Right now most of the subjects look flat again. the reason being that you are not blocking in any kind of directional lighting values. There is no cast shadows or form shadows.

I think what it is is that you are focusing too much on color. How about this, next time you try to do studies, turn the image into black and white, and study it that way. Just values, no color. BUT pay attention to that lighting and how it hits the objects. You are doing a good job at finding the local values of things but mind the lighting, mind the shadows.

good luck! keep it up.

That last study is the bomb hobitt. Nice values, nice colour isntant read, not fussed on the details. More of that I think.
Been too busy doing work, and non work to do any ummm work. Lots of doodlings and experiments over this time, and getting into 3D again.
Here's a quick Daz bash I did as a paintover for someone on level up just to see what it can do. I like it a lot. I did this in an hour or so and most of that was learning the posing system. Cheating is good :) Of course I would add man bits and a cool tutu in a real piece.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
2h movie still study Jupiter ascending

2h master study. and i have question. in my weekly schedule i have 2x2h of master studies. Im not fully happy of the effects after 2h of studying. Should I paint one master study till i feel its done, or stick to my 2h limit and become more faster?

Algitru. Do both. One will push your precise rendering skills and patience. One will push your speed, simplification and implied detail skills. Maybe just think out what your main thing is to achieve with each study.
Speed isn't that great a goal in the big scheme of things, it's more a byproduct.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Great work everyone !

i tried to go back to an old paintover caisne did for me , and learn from it .

[Image: 6I467Tu.png]
Sorry i havent posted guys, im taking a summer class on making comics, in a kind of express schedule. Trying to stumble my way around ink, which i have zero clue on how to use. Dont even have idea of what kind of style to go for, its so hard when you go from painting realistic to ... try to simplify the shit out of everything, whats more, you have to do it with lines, not form rendering.

Here is something shitty i guess.

[Image: 18778653849_a9a4332b20_z.jpg]

Update for this week. The rest is in my sb.

Hey Hobbitt looking better man, Those movie stills are more like it! Nice mech and weapon designs too.

Hi Everyone! This is my first post here, though you may have encountered me before in the skype chat.

@ Pandamonic
nice silhouettes i would suggest doing full on drawings now using these. Keep it up.

(06-21-2015, 05:28 PM)Hobitt Wrote: @ Pandamonic
nice silhouettes i would suggest doing full on drawings now using these. Keep it up.
Thanks man! These were just an excercise to practice silhoutte thumbnails, the ideas themselves are kind of generic. But I will do that when I make some that I like.
In your earlier post, I like your mech. Although the way you drew it makes it look flat, it has a nice design and has potential. From your sketchbook it looks like you're working through scott robertson's book? If you're not already, you should set up perspective guides for when you're working digitally too, not just for traditional.