Ivan Gregor sketchdump
Thank you for your feedback.

You are right about everything but i'm not good with fonts and for the rest,the style of the game was even simpler and without textures and is not supposed to have correct shadows but you're still right :D

This is a piece i worked on a bit this week.Colors are a bit different from what i see in photoshop but i can't see when it's saved in jpeg,png etc because of diff color profiles:(
Still lacks story and some details to make it not look so empty like weeds[i just realized this when typing]
Any critique is welcome.
[Image: canyonspacerace-final-sorinmandache.png]

Spitpaint on the theme "Desert princess"-30minutes
[Image: Desertprincessspitpaint.jpg]

I didn't even realized how much time passed since last time, almost forgot about CD.
Here there are some color studies and some characters.
I like the children book style so i thought i should give it a shot and get better....there's plenty of jobs this kind of illustration.[still have to draw some illustrations though :D]
Also i started like 3 fanarts but unfortunately they still are in the sketch step so i'm not gonna show them for a while,sorry.
[Image: 26may2014.jpg]
[Image: 20-may2014.jpg]
[Image: Ravenboyexplorations.jpg]
[Image: hungrymercenary.jpg]
[Image: bosumflatkid.jpg][Image: piratekid.jpg]

Also i forgot about this lil house i did from imagination..mostly to try to keep the values balanced.I'm trying to force myself no to use full brightness or saturation same goes with pitch black,only for accents here and there.
[Image: case2color.jpg]

A small and unfortunate fanart of Child of light from ubisoft.
[Image: childoflight2lr.jpg]

Stylized Characters are definitely your strong point.. in your environment studies and illustrations I'd say try to mind your edge handling - hard edges on stuff in light and in focal areas, soft edges on distant or out of focus areas.. Other than that, nice stuff!

Hi Kaffer.
Thanks for passing by.I should have stated that those are color studies only,i wasn't aiming to work the edges and stuff or finish them too much :D just to get a sense of the values and colors and in the second one from that post..well i mostly learned to make the reflections and observe how the bouncing light affected the walls.

This is a small study from today.Around 2 hours with a brush that slowed me down..maybe i chose it for that reason :D so i could pay attention to the values and not rush also i didn't wanted that finished look that is achieved with round brush[altough it's waay faster]
It has anatomy problems but my goal was to get the values right..and boobs.
[Image: 17-06-2014.jpg]

Experiment i did with a new brush.Also is inspired by some paintings i saw on pinterest here http://www.pinterest.com/choobunkin/landscapes-in-art/
These last 2-3 days i've been painting a lot of color swatches in watercolor in order to make myself a small album to find colors faster when painting etc. will post them in the folowing days.

[Image: ivangregorpinkforest.jpg]

That's uh, a lot of pink. A bit shocking. Maybe balance the palette out with more blues or bluish purple, like that pink forest in your pinterest link. I applause your bravery at tacking a pink painting, hat off to you! Those children characters have a lot of personalities to them, love it!

Focus.
Lavender and rosemary-they smelled so good together :D
Watercolor size around A3
Photo doesn't make justice.
[Image: IMG_7117web.jpg]

Another 2 watercolors
[Image: IMG_7111web.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7109web.jpg]

How have I not seen this sketchbook before! These watercolours you are doing are amazing! And I really like the cartoony style you are doing on those character pieces. Added you on facebook for sure, definitely want to see more :)

-Jaik-Thanks man,i'm glad you like them.

This month when i'll have time i will do more watercolors.
Right now i'm practicing for a gig i'll start on monday,i'll be doing visual development for an animation show...although i don't know yet what is the story but well..it's gonna be fun.

Here are 2 render experiments with mostly textured brushes. and a mouse like character i did about a week 2 ago.
[Image: ballerina.jpg]
[Image: wizardgirl.jpg]
[Image: radkid.jpg]

i can't show yet things i'm working on and i've worked on but i will show you these things i've done after watching Eytan Zana gumroad tutorial,and felt like i should start to work on my values as i had big troubles.
The last image are studies from robert mcginnis and john white alexander
[Image: graphiccomps.jpg]
[Image: graphiccomps1.jpg]
[Image: graphicstudies.jpg]

Hey again.I'ts been a bit of time since last updating...still working on the gig from last month.I hope i can post stuff as soon as possible from various projects.
Until then here are some backgrounds i did for a point and click game you can play here.Tell me what do you think about it.
http://epicbreak.com/sherlock-the-tea-sh...r-mystery/
[Image: allbgsherlock.jpg]
Also please check out this crowdfunding campaign for a online live channel with workshops,interviews and more from the game movie conceptart and illustration area.I think it's worth pledging and is cheap also,share the info https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tokku...tv-channel

Hey. These 2 backgrounds were made for a side scroller runner game that has yet to be released.You can see the preliminary sketch and the final image.Also did other in game elements and all the gui but is not something i usually do or like so i'm not posting it[the gui].
[Image: sketch2.jpg]
[Image: final1ordmlevel.jpg]
[Image: sketch4.jpg][Image: final2ordmbig.jpg]

Hey. Yesterday i started a challenge on fb started by Victoria Ying and is called 7 days of color.Each day you have to paint with the given color red orange yellow green blue indigo.If you want to participate use this hashtag on fb #7daysofcolor
I'm about a week or 2 late with the challenge but it doesn't matter.
Here are my first 2 sketches[they are pretty random though].More to come in the following days.
[Image: red-7daysofcolor.jpg]
[Image: orange-7daysofcolor.jpg]

Hey i made this shaolin monkey inspired by the tamarin golden lion but it turned not too monkey.
I made it for the group i created on facebook called Daily Character Design,2 topics,1 day.If you are interested in it check this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/848315275179072/
[Image: shaolinmonkeyc.jpg]

I'm digging that variation in shape, it has a nice transmission of weight communicated through the design. Reminds me a lot of Journey to the West.

-StardustLarva-Thanks,i'll check that movie since i don't know it.

Today i bought some watercolor brushes and painted these characters for Daily character design group on facebook.The others are for the same group but with normal brushes.And not all of them are good.
Alien astronomer-Water dragons-Potion seller-Boxtroll-Rat pirate-Little dancer
[Image: alienastronomer.jpg]
[Image: waterdragon2.jpg][Image: waterdragon.jpg]
[Image: potionseller.jpg][Image: boxtroll.jpg][Image: ratpirate.jpg][Image: littledancer.jpg]

I really like your animation-ish stylized characters dude! and those backgrounds for the game are incredible too ^^