Sula's Sketchbook
@Lyraina: thank you girl <3 YES A traditional yes it is coming need more time yes? yes. Excellent (Mister Burns hands here)
@Tristan: thanks man :D Haha I am builing up courage for that, but I will only be able after I have some free time. Still a couple days tied to client deadlines :)

*drops a quick sketch with the technique from Chris Oatley's magic box*
*runs away*
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch%20-50.jpg]
*fades into horizon*

I like this last piece; there's a real delicacy to it. With regards to the traditional work, do you think working traditionally has had any affect on your digital pieces? Does the discipline of traditional carry over or do you still find yourself using the undo button, and photoshop's other conveniences, just as much?

Hey Ursula. Love this new sketch of yours ;3 And the technique is really interesting. It looks like you used a lasso tool+soft brush combo right? Great job ;3

Wow, the last sketch looks good ^^ So the Chris's technique works well :D
Nice Th_101_

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

@Ignatz: Hey, thanks :) It is too soon for me to tell, actually. But I hope to have that answer soon. I still have all my paints out, I am just dealing with the last deadlines because I can give it an honest attempt again! It sure involves more planing, but brushstrokes are this much more satisfying too.

@ramalooke: haha thank you <3 Yep, lasso + gradient tool actually, no brushwork on that one. same on this next one. I should be doing that over the lines and not under it, but its SO tempting to do it this way haha

@Mannequin: hey girl, long time I don't see you around! Thanks for stopping by. And thanks :D I still need to give it an real attempt, but it seems to be a tried and true technique around the industry :) Just need to spend more time with it.

And well.
I had a couple of hours free today, and I did try to paint a face, but ugh, rusty as hell, nothing worked, I just went back to client work. So here, have another comfort zone less then 40 minutes sketch:

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-50.jpg]

Nope, not ready to self portrait day yet

[Image: Photo-study-70.jpg]
Is it weird if I feel like my brain hurts?

I really like the delicate lighting in these last three portraits. The color feels subtle, yet somehow richly alive.

Sketchbook

Awwww yissss, beautiful work. I've been wondering about the Magic Box. Worth the subscription?

@Tygerson <3 yay, thank you. I do believe that came from a tip on Chris' class. Glad to see it working :D
@Pnate: So far, yup. See above lol :p But I love Chris' teachings. I do believe he have a sample lesson on the class page, so see if it works for you! For me, it's always wonderful :)

Here! Self portrait for nov 1st wip!
Hahah I was supposed to get some rest but pfft this is the only 1h free time I could squeeze.

[Image: Selfie-01.jpg]

Awesome portraits, you got good style.

lovely work! the portraits are getting better
@Crackedskull: thanks man :D
@Ben: thanks :D

Oooh so I have finally made the self portrait day :D

[Image: Selfie-02.jpg]

Yup, now when I've left my job and university I will for sure spend more time on internet activity and drawings :D yay.

Nice self portrait :) I was supposed to do one myself but I will join tommorow hopefully :D

And in this girl portrait above I like how the face is so soft overall and light making the hard edge.

Mannequin's Blog :)

Mannequin's CD sketchbook

Deviantart - Add me to Friend list :)

nice job, sula! moremoremore!

@mannequin: yay! Glad to hear :D I wanna see your updaaaaaates! And thank you xD
@Atrenr: Thanks :D yup, working on that!

Here is a transparent tentacool because yes:
[Image: tentacool.png]

Now off to do that portrait in acrylics!

Wow! Awesome sketchbook! I literally cant find anything to crit just keep up the good work! :D

Awesome portraits, the self portrait came out really well :D

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Blog

"The difficulties of not knowing are much greater than the effort of learning"
Wow, that is one fine sketchbook !
So much good work ! Can't wait to see more :)

@FutureSpaceGhost: whoa, thank you xD but still a long way to go hehe
@Egbu: thanks man <3
@Samarus: thank you sir!

And thus began my 1st acrylic portrait *runs around in circle waving hands frantically*
[Image: Acrylics-15.jpg]

ohhh looking good already, sula!