Sula's Sketchbook
thanks for shearing links! Never enough information about edges :D Your studies looks great, keep them up!

@Johnny: Thanks man!
@Madzia: no problem :)

So yeah, I'll be under cover for a while now. Here is a study of soften edges on stolen time (hope I don't get too late with painting drama 2 stuff ><)

[Image: PD2-18.jpg]

oooOOOoooh. Pretty, Sula.
Really humbling to go through your sketchbook. So many great works and studies.

I really like the last soft edge study (1002). I like the composition and color scheme.

With regards to edges, should the difference between hard and soft lend to how a composition feels of sorts? Sharp clean edges tend to jump forward while soft ones meld into the background. At least that's how I always thought it worked. (still going through the links posted; slow internet :p)

ffs Sula, you are becoming Ilya Repin with all that brushy stuff:)

That last one is so... oily:D

Keep calm and get in the robot

My sketchbook
@Pearwood: starting to feel a bit more comfortable with it <3
@Pictomancer: yay <3 Thank you! Yeah, I am trying to find that out. That is how I have been trying to do it - but it seems there is more to it then that. Have to find out!
@Doolio: haha yay :D Yep, now to do 99 more and it will start to be good hehe <3

Still under, but I can update with this: Private Comission

[Image: Elton-01.jpg]
[Image: Elton-02.jpg]
[Image: Elton-03.jpg]
[Image: Elton-05.jpg]

I worship you.

How do you make that oil paint look in digital?

Focus.
Ooh. I like the lines and action, especially being able to follow the steps.
Love the flow... and the cloth.. and the folds.. and the magic.. of that last piece!

Random question because the hands are so pretty, do you look up/shoot reference for images like that? Especially the hands? Or do you do it from mind by now?

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@meat: haha thanks! A shitload of custom brushes - and make them very, very big. I feel like I am making progress but need to push much more into this. Try Safadi's brushes - they are awesome.
@Pearwood: :D It's fun, isn't? Been trying to save steps more often. They are nice to put all in one update like this :)
@Lyraina: Thank you so much <3 And uh, I used to shot shots of my hand or my husband's pretty often; Now I sort of have a collection and I wing them. I will shoot if I need precise ones though. But any webcam + desk lamp can help a lot with hand reference.

Here, Another one I can post. I think I should be done with the NDA stuff soon - have a proper update by Monday I guess.

[Image: SB-247.jpg]
[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-73.jpg]

Warming up today. Miss my personal stuff lol

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-74.jpg]

Lady Thor Sketch

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-75.jpg]

Making some really impressive progress. I especially like how you're improving on your environment stuff and experimenting with cool painterly textures. Nice. :)

Very nice works sula!
Wow, just wow. I love elves and dreamy landscapes and your art is just fantastic.

@CraigPaton: hehe thanks man! I certainly hope so haha <3
@Construction: thanks!
@Kaycee: <3 thank you!

So, nothing worked today :| lol
I ended up running away to the drawing table. Back to enviros, take 4, fight!

[Image: SB-248.jpg]

Lovely, Sula. The horns work. :-)
@Pearwood: horns <3

[Image: Salvaged-Sketch-76.jpg]

Wow Sula your sketchbook is rapidly becoming one of my favorites.. inspiring stuff happening here all the time!!

@Kaffer: <3 thanks man!

back to enviros, soft/lost edges and painterly feel
[Image: PD2-19.jpg]