Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Aaand some more! :)

The Candy Shop Lady (who will be a dragon protecting her treasure as well soon) character development..

Final pick for the Pink Lady

The Old Grumpy Guy (name suggestion?) development.. Loves his garden and tries to protect it from the little Adrian (the kid) who keeps passing through it without permission, using it as a shortcut.. xP
I think I'll go with the design on the left.. What do you think? :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Final "Oniria" logo and dragon lady today! ^^

Wizard on his way... hehe!
Find out more about Oniria over here: Lâle Ann Tumblr

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Good to hear that the self-made project is helping, I might try something similar in the future, because from the progress you posted, it looks like its pretty fun.

@crackedskull You definitely should! ^^ for me, it really gave me a reason and  a focus, a goal to work for and stay motivated. Not saying it's easy but making a promise to post on my progress on my blog every day is also another good way to put enough pressure on myself. :) 

Today's character.. The Birkenstock Wizard! Didn't have to push it very far, as this will all be used in just one final painting for each subject ^^

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
ohh the cartoons are great! The Candy SHop Lady has really nice shape use I think!
For the old grumpy guy, I prefer the guy on the left as well. the outfit is more summery and looks like someone who likes to relax in his house and porch
The color landscape studies on the previous page are excellent too.
Great stuff!
Hey mate thanks a lot! Means a lot coming from someone skilled as you are ^^The tricky thing is gonna be to now render those flat colored characters into actual paintings! e.e

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Adrian is getting ready for his upcoming battle! ^^

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
This is one lovely looking personal project! For some reason, just looking at your character development sketches and sheets is making me happy <3 Good job on developing your own IP and working hard on it!
Birkenstock Wizard, LOL! :D

Adrian is looking nice, so excited :D Not sure how finished or rendered your last post is supposed to be, so take this with a grain of salt - I think you can go a bit more hard edged and confident with your brush strokes on his armor, to convey the hard/shiny material a bit better, right now it reads a bit more like rubber to me. Good job in terms of color though, I like all these blue in the top parts.

Keep it up, I'm curious to see where you're taking this project!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@Lyraina: Thank you very much! Wow well I'm really glad if it made you happy in any way ^^ That's awesome! About the rendering, I really just sketched it out, didn't spend much time on it so no worries, that's not what my rendered stuff will look like (i hope!) ;)

I got some commissions coming in last week and I'm gonna likely need to push my Oniria deadlines back unfortunately (going to work on the commissions, then 2 weeks of boring "real" job and then I'll wrap up my commissions in 3 weeks before leaving to Turkey for 2 weeks! Can't wait! ^¨

So here's a sketch for the first painting I'll be doing for Oniria! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
You have some cool character designs! I especially like the candy shop lady because of its stylized and solid looking shapes. About your latest drawing, it looks pretty accurate but I think the boy's arm barely touching the picture frame looks a bit awkward.

@kmink Thanks! ^^yeah I was thinking about changing that frame a little and opening it to the right so we see the whole arm actually :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Ooh gosh so little posting here recently!! :( Life got in the way and so I had to postpone Oniria etc. I'll be back to it a little bit this week but mostly in August! e.e

In the meantime, just having fun with my brand new awesome Zebra ink pens doing some naughty sketches for some "summer sales".. ^^

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
That's um, refreshing :D
Seriously though, I really like the confidence in your gesture.
Also, I thought long and hard to come up with a pun for the last image, but I think I'm gonna have to let it slide this time.
BAM, text formatting magic saves the day!
Sincerely,
The god-damn-punmaster, apparently

[Image: rUfiMf1.png]
Hahaha awesome! xD Thank you ^^

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Oh I love the IP you are working on! So awesome! @.@ I cant really give any crits because I suck at anything figurative. But I really am enjoying where your IP is going :)

Also, thanks for dropping by my sb :)

(07-16-2015, 11:17 AM)Jaik Wrote: Oh I love the IP you are working on! So awesome! @.@ I cant really give any crits because I suck at anything figurative. But I really am enjoying where your IP is going :)

Also, thanks for dropping by my sb :)

Thanks a lot Jaik! ^^
I feel terrible for not posting anything from Oniria the past weeks though :(( I've been so busy with work and commissions, it kept me from working on it, and next week I'm going on vacation.. xD  But I'll get back to it in August, when I am back!! :D

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hello Lale! A little surprise to see that you have a sketchbook here, too! Found you on facebook after THU Berlin Calling and now here, awesome!
really like your Oniria project and I do love your recent doodlies, lovely :3

Hey Sergej! Nice to see you here! ^^

Alright so I've been away for some time again but I'm back and I'm workin'! Here's yesterday's painting, forgot to post it here.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
What a lovely painting and character gesture. The colours nuances in the face and how you show garment folds are also really impressive. I think that the folds steals the attention from the face. Concider increasing the detail and contrast of the face and lowering it on the folds on the chest. I think it would make the face stand out a bit more.
Thanks! Although I'm not changing it hehe ;)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio