Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Hey guys! It's been such a looong time! But here I am, back and I'll try to keep this thing updated as much as possible! :)
So here's a little bit of what I've done lately..

Designs done for a game project

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Today's 1hour self portrait! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Yesterday's 2 hour portrait study from Sargent. :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Solid stuff! You things are pretty much steadily awesome, that arm study is especially gorgeous! Love the subtle values there :)

Thank you so much buddy! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Here's today's selfies! :) Not very accurate but I'm learning stuff so.. I guess that's the main point.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Still working! :) Been on vacation for too weeks and now all pumped up to draw again!

An self portrait done a month ago

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Solid studies! Your portrais and skin colors are spot on, but it seems like you haven't decided which render route you're going, and it kinda stays in the middle of painterly/smooth.
Love the contrast between the monster and then next to it the cute foxes on the last post, lol.

Thank you Rafa! :D
Well yes, I did the portrait fairly quickly but wanted to keep it not too detailed except around the face "triangle" and well, there's obviously still a lot of improvement to do! I love painterly style but can't seem to achieve it yet... If you have any advice, I'll take it ;)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Morning gestures, each 30sec

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Awesome gestures, your lines are very determined, love it. As for a tip I don't really know as I don't do much painterly either, but have you tried messing with some speckled brushes? Hannes' brush pack has some good ones.

More gesturezzz and figures

(08-08-2014, 10:43 PM)rafa zanchetin Wrote: Awesome gestures, your lines are very determined, love it. As for a tip I don't really know as I don't do much painterly either, but have you tried messing with some speckled brushes? Hannes' brush pack has some good ones.

Thanks again Rafa! Yeah i have some of those but I definitely will work on keeping it looser and using more textured or speckled brushes. :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Nice sketchbook you have here! Really like the range of work you're doing. I don't know if you want feed back or crit here, so you can just ignore them if you don't agree. I just thought the lady's magic light would be in more focus if it was completely backed up against the tree. Also the girl with the rock hulk would be in more shadow from their relative position. Just my 2 cents :)

Focus.
Sure! Interesting input about the plants, it seems logical but I had never thought of it! The witch lady is already dead and gone from my consideration though..
Thanks for the crit anyway, always welcoem! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Great looking work in here! On your recent gestures your legs are looking a bit long. I was drawing my figures too long in the leg but managed to break the habit by doing more figures from imagination. Plus when I draw figures I always try to draw the legs shorter than my initial instincts tell me and it usually ends up at just the right length.

I'm liking those creature designs you have, particularly the botanic felines with the wise sage-like moustaches.

Thank you guys! :D

@Hypnagogic: Oh yes I have that issue with legs! Was actually drawing some by imagination today and working towards fixing tha tbad habit as well! Thanks for reminding me!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Cool stuff, cool stuff for real. I really like the diversity of your sb, you're really brave to tackle so many diversity, and quite successfull too.

Nice grasp of color, and those 30 sec gestures are sweet! the only thing I get when I try so short spawns of time is failures haha.

The only "weakness" I see is brushwork , the stuff is convincing, values and hues are solid, but the main focus areas sometimes lack tightness so to speak, maybe focusing on those areas and getting more solid brushwork there would carry them to the next leve, just my two cents, overall keep the cool stuff coming :D

SB
Thanks a lot Suira!

Yeah, I still have lots of work to do regarding brushwork and how to control it well. I try to emphasize the focus areas and leave the rest less detailed. I'll be working on it until for sure! :) Also thank you for the nice comment, I'm struggling with color, hope I'll get better at figuring that out as well...

I still hate how most of my paintings look! So thanks for the support! :)

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
This week I'm working on a badass female character design (inspired from a character I play in an ongoing RPG) and have been sketching and studying crossbows so far... Will jump onto the serious concept sketches by tomorrow.

I started with a few quick pose sketches, to see where my weak spots were, what I'd need to learn.

Obviously, I had no idea what to do with crossbows so I made some studies today as well.

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio