Toxicpanda's Death Note
[Image: weeklypost10.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
[Image: weeklypost.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
[Image: weeklypost.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
get some mirror self portraits along with some basic facial proportion studies going, sounds cheesy but mirror practice can really boost up your skill cause it's more difficult than you think at first.
for colors i'd do some simple studies from photos, you start understanding color transitions better along with values and hues.
keep it going, you're making heaps of progress so don't slow it down :)
C

(03-22-2013, 10:13 PM)Sickbrush Wrote: get some mirror self portraits along with some basic facial proportion studies going, sounds cheesy but mirror practice can really boost up your skill cause it's more difficult than you think at first.
for colors i'd do some simple studies from photos, you start understanding color transitions better along with values and hues.
keep it going, you're making heaps of progress so don't slow it down :)
C

sooo true man, agree 100% mirror studies are very difficult, but they pay off and photo studies for color def help out a lot, and she has improved so much I'm glad to see how far she has come :)

[Image: 24032013darkelfportrait.jpg] [Image: 2803213deadmaster.jpg]
Something I worked on last week.

*Sickbrush- Thank you for your suggestion. I will work on self portraits with mirror- Never tried that before-so it will be quite challenging. Also I'll work on photo studies.
My problem is that I always want to finish something, I hate leaving things uncompleted, and thats why I was doing so many "finished" paintings instead of studying. So next week I'll be working on that a bit.

*Nick- Thank you.

CD dA FM  MaL
Ok...well it was time for me to start doing photo studies (haven't done that in awhile).
[Image: study01.jpg]
[Image: study02.jpg]
[Image: study03.jpg]
Trying to make selfP over webcam
[Image: somethingv.jpg]
Pandaaas
[Image: 71887356.png]
More pandas :O
[Image: 05032013panda.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
(04-01-2013, 03:01 AM)Toxicpanda Wrote: Ok...well it was time for me to start doing photo studies (haven't done that in awhile).
[Image: study01.jpg]
[Image: study02.jpg]
[Image: study03.jpg]
Trying to make selfP over webcam
[Image: somethingv.jpg]
Pandaaas
[Image: 71887356.png]
More pandas :O
[Image: 05032013panda.jpg]

Those studies came out beautiful, awesome lighting keep it up, I need to get back into them until I get a new pen I'm doing traditional lol

Great sketchbook! I really love the lighting and who doesn't love pandas :D
Keep up the work!

Great work! My tip would be to concentrate more on the cast shadows, and making sure you push the hard edge they make in comparison to the softness of the other shadows. Really helps describe a form. Keep working hard, don't watch too much anime :D!

Thank you guys, I'll fix it : )

Some stuff from this week, didn't do much.
Next week I'll focus more on architecture.
[Image: img4146403x600.jpg]
[Image: img4168498x600.jpg]
[Image: img4169800x512.jpg]
My first time using clay , loved working with it. And I'll try to use it more.
Its the easiest way to understand shapes and texture. Also-Its super fun.
[Image: 1stclay776x960.jpg]
[Image: contest5492x768.jpg]
[Image: study11024x645.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
The mood and lighting in your pieces is fantastic~ Love those pandas ^^
Nice studies and sketches ! Just maybe a little too blurred sometimes
I didn't do much this week because I was sick,but still I managed to make few sketches. I wanted to make next week a sci fi thing study-but I'm going to study more chinese and japanese architecture, details and culture.
Thank you Dimitri and Vices.

[Image: architecturea.jpg]
[Image: img42351024x715.jpg]
[Image: scifigirl3.jpg]

I worked really hard on this one. At first I wanted to sketch some portraits,but I remembered that I should probably work on architecture more,but I didn't feel like it. And so I started adding details and connecting things. In the end I ended up spending quite a lot of hours on it,but I'm glad I did. I learned so much while working on this.

CD dA FM  MaL
hello, the butterfly headress illustration is fantastic, some major improvement from your first post.
Keep doing those architecture studies as they will pay off, it becomes more obvious to me with each day that the stuff you like doing the least is what going to make you improve the quickest.
Never stop!
So well, I didn't do much this week except commissions on deviantart.
First guy- The Thief game, last one Killzone: Mercenary
[Image: img43411024x510.jpg]
[Image: orionfinished1024x702.jpg]
[Image: orionfinisheddht1024x74.jpg]
[Image: alchemiiistttt4532x768.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
This weeks stuff
Today is 24 again- 7 months since I started painting.
[Image: img43681024x745.jpg]
[Image: scifikpnightmare.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
This was a 10 min sketch while I was waiting for the bus as usual. I'm traveling almost 4 hours a day , because I live far away from my college. And I wish I could draw in busses but I cant because our roads are so shaky that you feel like you've been in rocket like a box flying to moon and back. But oh well... Also I might be a little bit late with my updates,mostly because I have my exams and I got a job as lead artist in one TCG. I'm really excited about it,and the only thing I can say is- its science fiction themed and I'm going to do loots of work that you will see once game is relesed. Thank you for your support .
[Image: img4560524x768.jpg]

CD dA FM  MaL
Beautiful sketchbook! Love the clay sculptures and the journal/sketchbook page with the eye.

Great sketchbook! You can really see the improvements in just a short time, I noticed in your face studies you had a little bit of trouble with different expressions, you should try and do some studies of different facial expressions even of yourself or others. Cheers keep up that hard work! :D