AlfonsoX SKETCHBOOK
New batch. Basic form and value accuracy.

Sketchbook: p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7
Have you tried Bargue plates before? Its bascially what you're doing with these. You copy the plate using sight size. If you do a google search you should find plenty of them. I'd start with the simple line drawing plates of the facial features. It builds accuracy and would be a little less boring than copying random shapes.

I did the eyes a month ago but I cant quite get the charcoal line weight in photoshop.

Im going to have a go at other plates. They look harder than these abstracts I was doing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, amazing studies, and so many! You've got a handle on accuracy. Remember to apply them too, and keep working hard. Have fun with it. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
September recap:
I'm slowing building habit. At least 4h a day aiming for 6h without missing a day.

I'm very worried with my lack of accuracy on simple copying shapes.
Besides accuracy I'm focusing on drawing 3d wire frame forms, dynamic sketching like.

Heads up!

Attached Files Image(s)

AlfonsoX!!!!!!!!!!! 

Where have i seen you before? Istebrak's channel? 

anyway.... you are absolutely killing it! that last post with the head practice is such a leap forward in your ability's.

Those environment/comp studies are so cool, They kind of look like they were done on an etching block o.O

Keep on posting!  Wisecracker

Yea Istebrak probably.
Ty for kind words.

Im giving many hours to train but I feel they are not focused enough. 
Many times I end up doodling instead of what I planned for practice.

Its frustrating when I try to draw anatomy but the 3d forms dont come out of my strokes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great studies AlfonsoX! Keep it up!

Your figures are a lot more fluid, and carry weight to them. You should be proud for getting so much out of your studies! Keep going! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

update

Attached Files Image(s)

quick update.
im going away for 12 days. no pc.
i bring my pencils altho i suck at analog drawing and not sure if i will have time to draw. Ill try hard.

Attached Files Image(s)

Timelapse of Bargue hand plate

I like those figure gestures on tan paper, they're so boiled down to their essence, they're like caligraphy.

Focus.

Bargue 02 - Plate 5 Profile of a foot 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2iMkoSxEYM

Bargue 03 - Plate 43 Faustine 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LnY7jzH9hE

Bargue 4 - Plate 44 The Psyché of Naple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F650T5KJjM

Am I going backwards? Sad

I think the work you're doing with value so far is great! However, as for the heads, it just comes with practice. I'd recommend drawing your favorite celebrities, family members ect. and more head planes (the ones that bridgeman has helped me out tons). I'd especially focus on the shape of the eye and eyebrow and how that connects with the nose.
Yes Im going to call this the year of the value.
Line drawing and form rendering are my concerns atm.

Dude. Powerful value studies. Not to mention the proportions on the copies are spot on. Don't worry about "going backwards". Being aware of that you are is more important. You'll get it eventually if you work at it.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead