Jeso's Stair Case To Awesome
Hi, there, im Jeso, im 20 and here is my beloved sketchbook for the every now and then time for post something! Wanna be Concept artist/illustrator.!

And here we... GO!

Study from Picture... Scoldfield.

ROberto Ferri master study. not finished.. Oils 18x24

Another photo study. and a couple 20 min poses from life.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good start to the SB! The master study is looking awesome so far. Look forward to seeing more.

photo study.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sup dudes, just testing the waters cause i miss the sketchbook forums and CD for some reason seems to be the last standing real 'sketchbook' forum.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

some oil paintings i did last summer

Attached Files Image(s)

A nice range of work in here.It Would be interesting to see how far your able to render just the hand alone i see it as your only potential weakness right now but who as mastered hand anyways only a few can pretend to that.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Always nice to see some old-school daggers return to the forums. Seems like youve made some good progress during the last few years. I especially like the oil paintings youve posted! That frazetta study is pure beauty!

Thanks guys! Will try to update often too.

Hands are definitely a massive weakness i need to work on for sure.

Today's stuff.  Tomorrow diving into hands hard.

Attached Files Image(s)

today's  handy day

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-17-2020, 04:21 AM)Jeso Wrote: today's  handy day
Some really nice gestures in these, specifically near the bottom right of the page, well done
Ho! Damn! Very nice linework and body construction. Lots of variety! Great you are doing all that already, I think painting might be your weakest, but studies are looking alright so just do some push on your personal pieces. Have you tried environments also or props? Or are you focusing on characters mainly. Started on 2013 but recently came back? Huh, did your goals change or are you still aiming for the same? I definitively want to see more from you!
"Entering Overwatch" (X-com reference! heh).
sup guys, just drawing some stuff from imagination here, trying to check what i know and stuff. Im seeing some progress thanks to all the constructive studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-18-2020, 07:28 AM)Rotohail Wrote: Ho! Damn! Very nice linework and body construction. Lots of variety! Great you are doing all that already, I think painting might be your weakest, but studies are looking alright so just do some push on your personal pieces. Have you tried environments also or props? Or are you focusing on characters mainly. Started on 2013 but recently came back? Huh, did your goals change or are you still aiming for the same? I definitively want to see more from you!
"Entering Overwatch" (X-com reference! heh).
 Hey thanks for passing by. : )   Its been a  hot while since 2013 lmao.  A lot has happened. I quit art for about 2 years betnween then and now.  Just shit being rough, you know?  anddd I dont even know what my goals were back then but, right now I just want to get better at drawing, like actual drawing, with good construction, clean lines etc.  

And yes, I focus on characters mainly, not interested in environments much at all, or props. Maybe mechs lol. I like mechs I wanna start drawing mechs and studying that kinda things soon.

todays study

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-19-2020, 06:41 AM)Jeso Wrote: todays study
really like the long trench coat like one on the right, really has a sense of weight and flow.  Would recommend studying leyendecker for painting folds but not everyone likes his style.  He makes clothes look sort of oily/shiny