SamSzymSketch
Thanks man! I was mostly trying to understand the technique that the guy used to make smooth rendering like that. Painting is really alien to me. Good thing I have apainting class next semester. Wowza I have my first class ion Monday.

Here is some work but if I'd been working as hard as I should have been there would be...

[Image: 2SY1jAC.jpg][Image: CAjZYwv.jpg][Image: cbZNBIS.jpg]

If you've got any crits comments or what have you please let 'em rip.

Yoko is coming along very nicely. You mentioned you were trying to figure out how that guy managed smooth rendering earlier. Looking at your stuff you don't know about the soft edge brushes yet! That is a very useful tool for rendering skin, especially the softer skin textures.

I just went over your strokes quickly on Yoko's skin with a basic Soft Round brush to show you an example. Also just as a suggestion, you could soften the edges of the sun. The way I did it was by using a Tilt Shift blur filter, setting the top edge of the sun to take the least of the blur and intensifying as it went downward. Then a Distort Wave filter with 0 vertical wave and then a pass with the Soft Round again. You're already doing great with the colors and composition, keep it up!

Thanks dude! That was a big help. I was kinda going for the same textury gritty look that the lineart has close up but that doesn't work for smooth, lady-type skin. Derp.
[Image: VX3VmqF.jpg]
did my first spitpaint earlier today! and a bunch of other stuff. And the day is not yet done! Think I'll do some figure drawing.
[Image: tumblr_mrnailn0ue1rjgrozo1_1280.png]
[Image: q988v1Z.jpg][Image: SvfCyxo.jpg][Image: jyy52wO.jpg][Image: loPWyRO.jpg][Image: ztX3sWe.jpg][Image: L3E0Ilm.jpg]

Nice body of work man, puts my output to shame.

I've got to post more often! uploading a bunch of work at one like this gives the false impression that I'm actually being productive DX
Some figures, some faces copied from Vanderpoel, and Terra from Teen Titans doing a funny dance because I didn't work out a good pose before drawing her. You are a wonderful person thank you for reading.
[Image: 365IXIB.png][Image: 7vG8eoT.png][Image: 4RE40Zg.jpg][Image: 67a78fJ.jpg][Image: cbUNDLO.jpg][Image: rxR9Ipf.jpg]

Dude, it's always inspiring, dropping by your sketchbook. So much cool stuff!

[Image: tumblr_mryrc9ykKU1rjgrozo1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_mryrc9ykKU1rjgrozo2_1280.jpg]
couple 1.5 hour figure drawings. I'm pretty out of practice when it comes to values and rendering, especially traditionally! Yikes.

Hey, here's some stuff! Not finished stuff and not very different stuff, but better than no stuff.

[Image: 399z9Xi.jpg][Image: GF2gC33.jpg][Image: oiL1KzE.jpg][Image: kP0SIU5.jpg][Image: orATfDa.jpg][Image: nm5KKl1.jpg][Image: 7o5zABd.jpg][Image: DABvi4Y.jpg]

The next semester of TAD's started, and I'm really excited for my classes! I intend to put my all into improving and learning, and it's gonna be a frikken blast. I'd like to put focus into making more art that comes from me and my experiences and edging away from fanart, not sure where to start. I've drafted up a few enormous lists of video games, movies, and books to experience. my thinking is the more I can take in the more I'll know, and I can start picking out what I like more and why. Sort of inspired by Chuck Jones' childhood; his father made Chuck and his siblings read everything they could get their hands on, and looking closer there are these really smart literature references all over the cartoons he directed. The guy was incredibly well-read, and it made his work more rich. But now there's more to experience in the world, and I want to be a person who is well-read, well-listened, well-watched, and well-played. (I mean books, music, movies, and video games) and I want to learn much more about historical fashion too...

Yeesh, there I go typing my brains out again XD Till next update!

Love the yoko piece, such a fun style

Some doodles and stuff from Figure drawing class
[Image: kMEJ9X6.jpg][Image: VofvQJo.png][Image: ZhGGXly.jpg][Image: dStH7q6.jpg][Image: 6oTOqLm.jpg][Image: LOZuk6P.jpg][Image: qrTL3lg.jpg][Image: 77OqswP.jpg][Image: pa3MQsO.jpg][Image: W5qUSEU.jpg][Image: DBhQq1Y.jpg]

whoua you got nice style ,love your studies !

Love the stuff in that last post!

DAAAAAAAMN.

This sb is so full of awesome! :D

Thanks so much for the compliments folks! Quick update of homework and stuff, more to scan when I get around to it :)

[Image: lHgkp0G.png] [Image: r2pETcb.jpg][Image: YKyFTc1.jpg][Image: zjzZwic.jpg]

Time for a sketchdump!

[Image: DF2EmK7.jpg][Image: oRaYxo0.jpg][Image: lY9Be7e.jpg][Image: OrfMfkW.jpg][Image: Fmv7AQ9.jpg][Image: UaORwH3.jpg][Image: mbdwnTR.jpg][Image: e9MZvEP.jpg][Image: 89JRyhm.jpg][Image: fvhCG83.jpg][Image: nBy1qf2.jpg]

Did you get a scholarship for TAD? If so what did your portfolio look like? Sorry I'm just thinking of schools ^^ Sweet skills btw

18 yr old artist comin atcha Party

Tumblr!!!

SketchBook
A couple head drawings from statues

Attached Files Image(s)

Sweet sketches.

If it makes you feel any better, i feel painting is easier to learn than drawing.
The most important part of the painting is the underdrawing anyway, and you ve got that stuffmdown!

Keep posting!

Thanks man, that's good to know :D
Here' some warmup and homework stuff mostly

[Image: Y2QVF8T.jpg][Image: 9Mr81gd.jpg][Image: 4JX4Vvw.jpg]

[Image: cyMhjdt.jpg][Image: 4qFdvKK.jpg][Image: UHcCwyi.jpg][Image: 1qdbDyt.jpg][Image: o4RqViu.jpg][Image: qd5LrMI.jpg][Image: rztMVIS.jpg][Image: 3fcCXqA.jpg][Image: WR0QBn6.jpg]
[Image: u7RK5EK.jpg]
[Image: sRGH7U2.gif]

Thinks are looking awesome. Those head drawings from statues are great.