SamSzymSketch
The energy and flow in your work is truly inspiring! Keep doing what you do...simply beautiful.

Lovely stuff, watching you on dA now too.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. I'm usually not a fan of fan art (unless like you it's well done and/or unusual) wonderful works.

Thank you again for the paint over and assistance :)

Cya around ~mii

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Super nice studies.. where do you get your reference from?

Gorgeous studies--beauty in simplicity.

I really like the little animated character. Took a while to notice the black marks, but it's cool to see a bit of how you plotted out the motion.

Sketchbook

Your post make me want to pick up animation. Were you self taught in that at all?

Thanks for the comments everybody!

miss- ya, I wish i was doing more original work, copying other people's characters isn't as awesome. Good way to get popular though XD

Sundry- Go for it!!! I took TAD's intro to animation class last semester and it was a huge help. Of course, like everything else in art you learn more from actually doing a thing than getting awesome lessons about a thing, so jump in and animate stuff! I seriously recommend you get these three books, they're insanely helpful and informative, Check out John K's blog too, he's very cranky and opinionated but his posts on the principles of animation are nuggets of good advice and tough love.

---------------
TAD doesn't have an official animation department yet, just animation electives (all taught by current Pixar employees!). If you're interested in learning I urge you to check out the program, if enough people say they'll major in animation that would help us turn the classes into their own major, which would be AWESOME
---------------

Nothing major this update, some sketches I didn't get to scanning earlier.
[Image: FTkcD55.jpg][Image: wJXpCCP.jpg][Image: Dgwhhqz.jpg][Image: 30fweOl.jpg][Image: VOBEWaE.jpg][Image: n2tl3Gt.jpg][Image: c9qNM7U.jpg]

Your charactes are very dynamic, really cool! Also loves the animation you did, its very fluid

Aaaaaahhhhh Sam

I don't know what to say whenever I swing by your sketchbook (which is a lot) so I just lurk around in it like the creeper that I am, learning and drooling... all of it is just so good!

Keep it up man, you're killing it as always!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
I second what she said ^

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
You're a huge inspiration when it comes to dynamic gestures and poses.
It's a joy to look through these!

Guys your comments make my heart all gross and mushy with good feelings :)
It's kinda telling that I'm just getting compliments about the gestures though, I oughta do more for my values and composition and..everything else I'm still not excellent at >:O

animation update

and homework stuffs (I don't know how to show .swfs here and gifs don't work right D:
[Image: k5b9Y7i.jpg][Image: n4Xo3Rt.jpg][Image: 5vBs9wL.jpg][Image: QdTeoEl.jpg][Image: YWzgohE.jpg][Image: ya2FFDP.jpg]

now I realize how unreadable some of those pictures form the last post were, gotta do that exercise more!

the better stuff from life drawing last night, it went okay.
[Image: uPrdyWo.jpg][Image: aDYkSxp.jpg][Image: yxZvoZi.jpg][Image: 85SluHV.jpg]
[Image: QhZ18OP.jpg][Image: UclF6PD.jpg][Image: Vb6Lmjb.jpg][Image: FKxNcpB.jpg][Image: NhotnLH.jpg][Image: Y1PhPFg.jpg]

and that animation. It wound up way too big to convert into a gif so I just put it on youtube

Cool studies and animations dude, keep it up.

QUICK UPDATE HERE'S SOME STUFF I WISH THERE WAS MORE
LAZINESS TIME ASPIRATIONS BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

[Image: bx4ULFE.png][Image: SgCVhwM.jpg][Image: bBoobgh.jpg][Image: AhDX0Bd.jpg][Image: VgoCKhz.jpg][Image: ychHMjU.jpg][Image: Cx7Sg9L.jpg][Image: mUp99XK.jpg][Image: zJDuYa9.jpg][Image: lLJ3ZbZ.jpg][Image: bFJRPUb.jpg][Image: JGaf1Id.jpg][Image: 1F3uoq0.jpg][Image: Cb1tl79.jpg][Image: 2Xsb3WC.jpg]

I'm really diggin your characters. Great stuff man.
Your life drawings are cool as well!

WOW that is a lot of work... loving them... keep up the wonderful inspiration :)

Thanks guys!
[Image: 2Y9PwSv.jpg][Image: vrMkrAE.jpg][Image: 4YXREBt.jpg][Image: s7NZxDw.jpg][Image: JAByOSm.jpg][Image: k82evkW.jpg]

so much flow and energy in your sketches, its like your pen is on fire!
And really motivating to see you practicing those fundamentals.
So much cool stuff man.

So many different types of studies. Awesome work man :)

Hey, man! Loving the variety of studies you're approaching, definitely helping to give you a wide breadth of skills. Digging your personal work as well, you're pulling off the animated style very nicely. Cool to see another TAD student on here as well. Anyway, keep up the excellent work!