Eraiasu's Sketchezzz!
Hey guys!

Here is some more stuff! Been getting into Star Trek lately, so there had to be some fanart-studies :)

thanks for checking out my sketchbook!
some fine work here i like youre figures !

Hi daggers! 

Been a long time since I did a post here. Almost 5 years!

I'm really happy to see the forums are still alive. And really cool seeing how every one is pumping out work!

After being distracted for the last 5 years, dabbing in the Fine-Art world. I just felt uninspired. 
I'm currently attending college studying a fine-arts degree in printmaking and drawing. The irony of it is, we DON'T learn anything about drawing! The shcool lacks any training, in a classical sense. No composition, no anatomy, no drawing, no painting, nothing! It's like a playground, and a damned good one, but without any places to get formal traning. 

I want to draw and paint. Perhaps even do some sculpture. And I can do some of this at my school, but I find I have to teach myself all the rest. So, I have decided to go back to what I really had a passion for in the beginning, illustration. 

And that is why I'm posting here today! I have been lurking around for the last couple of weeks. Getting more inspired by the day! So I decided to do this post today. Revive the old sketchbook. Re-light the fire! Get on the old horse!

So this post is more or less about dusting off the old rust. Getting back into the illustration game.

My goals for the future are:

Getting good enough to make a living of my art.
Produce lots of stuff.
Having fun!

After listening to a few podcasts and some of Dave's tutorials, where he talks about studying into your pieces, got me thinking. I have been studying a lot, but I fear most of what I got good at was, doing studies.
This time around I'm going to do more finished work. Doing studies that are more focused towards whatever picture I'm working on. Then we'll see how it goes.

RANT END... :P

I hope to see you guys around. Happy drawing! Let's get this ball rolling again!

Here are some recent sketches:

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Eraisu, I wanted to thank you for your long comment about making finished work and such, and i will reply later today to that. 

As for your work, i think you should invest some serious time into really honing your knowledge of perspective and anatomy. Focus on shading limbs and muscles well, say how proko would do it, and that knowledge of planes and form will carry over into everything really. I feel like you are kinda playing with edges, but in your imaginative work it seems to be lost. The metallic object for instance is just all hard shapes, and believe it or not just knowing how to properly shade a bicep can teach you 80% of what youd need to know to fix that :D

thats my take on it, it looks you want to do character driven stuff so focus on that. Who are the people you want to draw, try to explore that dimension and draw them how they appear in your head. Pull all the inspiration you can find to get them out, are they evil, sexy, kind hearted, modern, ancient, future, etc. write it down and start generating those clues to get closer to what you want to see, glad your back,

maybe we can pick this forum up out of its long nap ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
Hello Eraisu! I saw your Bridgeman here, nice work. It's so interesting to see different people studying the same things! Good luck you with it =)
Quote:This time around I'm going to do more finished work. Doing studies that are more focused towards whatever picture I'm working on. Then we'll see how it goes.
Completely agree with you, recently I decided to do the same. Hope, such approach will be more rewarding and interesting to both of us!
PS Oh, forgot to mention I'm so into your knight! Like your line so much! <3

Sketchbook (^_^)
 [page01] [page02] [page03] [page04]

| DeviantArt | Instagram |
roanna: Hey, thanks for stopping by! :D 

Fedodika: Thanks for the feedback man! You are quite right. My perspective and anatomy is lacking. Especially in the imaginative department. Going to push more of that stuff and start to apply it to my own things. Baby steps I guess, but the ball is rolling. I'm so pumped that the forum is still alive. Let's kick it up a notch and go all in on gettin good! :D

Here are some things I have done since the end of last week. Been super busy, so haven't been able to draw as much as I like. But, I have been able to do some things.

Going back to anatomy really kicked me in the butt. A few years ago I used to be able to draw fun stuff from imagination. Not perfect, in any way. But I really feel that my skills have become rusty, and that my imagination is a bit stiff. 

So here is the start of getting back on track. Doing some studies of dudes and some painting.

I'm working on a piece with knights, hence the armour study. When I started I thought it would be cool. Never done anything serious with knights before. After sketching, I realised, I don't know shit about armour haha!

Anyhow, back to more drawing! :)

Attached Files Image(s)

alot of your anatomical sketches are not bad at all, only suggestion is to take an individual part and really try to master it for what it is. for your knight comp, id play with the levels some more, try to make things less... equal. Say the mountains, there is a dip but they are just too consistent in size, same with the figures, very the poses, height, and story in them, so we can understand the situation more. Right now I see a story, but i dont feel any sort of emotion going on

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]