Darktiste Sketchbook
imagination pratice on ctrl paint model

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
old art i made
first is a akira toriyama tribute
second is a fire elemental
third a alien
fourth unfinished grim reaper

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
+1 old drawing

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Hey! Warhammer rocks! :D
I used to draw a lot of warhammer stuff in my notebooks when I studied at univercity!
Keep on pushing mate. I dont know if its this that you want, but I think you could try more looseness in those gestures. And if you dont want that you should at least bring the 3d forms out more. You already use overlap here and there but thats pretty much the only thing that makes it look 3d.
Why are you focusing on the outline only anyway? Shouldnt they be done focusin on the forms and masses?

Hey, there! I see you are struggling with the forms of the body and gestures, just as MW-art said above (needa loosen up and think 3D). I think you should watch Prokotv on youtube to help you with your gestures! he's very good and talks about how to make your drawings more 3D and shows examples, though they are done traditionally what approach he uses can be applied digitally. Check him out!
I hope it helps you ^^ keep on drawing!

old art post
i made the skull in one shoot
the second image was a dragon ball concept about fusion
the third is an other essay
the last one is a fan art of warhammer 40k

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
no more old drawing after this

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Holy moly, darktiste... I see a lot of improvement going on since page one!
What I would suggest with your gesture drawings is to really try and feel the pose. Don't just draw an outline or rhw contour but try and are the skeletal structure in your mind for balance, and then analyse the pose and think out which muscles would be tense and which relaxed. It's all about drawing the energy in the form. When you begin to draw the gesture, think in simplified form. I'm sure you've checked out the Proko lessons on gesture.
keep it up!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Yep I second that, think about your gesture with force lines, forms too, not only contour but lines and wraps around inside the figure.
And I must say that your 3D insect sutdies are awesome ! You are on the right track when you study this way ! =)

Pardon my english.
SketchbookWebsitedAPearltreeLivestream
(10-09-2013, 09:59 PM)Virid Rain Wrote: Yep I second that, think about your gesture with force lines, forms too, not only contour but lines and wraps around inside the figure.
And I must say that your 3D insect sutdies are awesome ! You are on the right track when you study this way ! =)
For the gesture problem it really about me getting stuck with contour analysis rather then movement analysis 4519626a

My Sketchbook
Yeah sure, don't worry you'll get out of this habit if you train ! =) Do you know Proko's video about gesture drawing ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59yFZ7Y

Pardon my english.
the girl arm was a pain couldnt make it similar

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
Nice values ! =) Keep it up !

Pardon my english.
Wow, a lot of improvement :)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Hey Darktiste, I think you would benefit from simplifying your gestures to the underlying structures to start with, Dennis posted a really good gesture tutorial awhile ago, I'd suggest reading it and trying it out if you haven't yet - Dennis Gesture Tutorial

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

@jonesoda if you look at the first gesture drawing you can see that i did some kind of underlyring structure and for the dennis gesture tutorial i know it before those gesture drawing.In simple lot of gesture drawing to come.

@thxtoall who have comment on my gesture drawing

After a bit of consideration i have deleted certain gesture study because i write on them negative point of those drawing but i think it was a bad idea.

It was disrespectful to the effort i was making. To respect myself and show other that you should not take drawing with negativity but contructivity i have choose to deleted them.

people did try to help me with gesture but i think it just stress me even more so i decide to remove those gesture study to get more confident before showing them off.

My Sketchbook
Yep it's simple : you show us those on which you really need help and precise tips, otherwise keep it for yourself ;)
Good luck on those gesture !

Pardon my english.
i was reading about how to hold a pencil and i think i find out why i am use to do contour line drawing more then a gesture drawing when doing a gesture drawing i think it because i am use hold the pencil like i am writting. It set me to be more precise rather then being fluid with a shoulder motion

here what i was reading:

http://yamslayer.deviantart.com/art/fund...5-24769809

http://yamslayer.deviantart.com/art/Fund...6-24841903

My Sketchbook
Hey darktiste, thanks for visiting my SB. Keep practicing! I also see you like DBZ, which is awesome.