kerm's SKitschbook - Please help by giving critique! Will be really appreciated!
@Tygerson & gumby: Thank you very much! Really appreciate your positive feedback!

Painted a study of a woman with a hose...

This is the source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAWdljhD5o
Totaly love this video. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
HAHA!
You would not believe, but SAIL was literally the first song that came on when I woke up and resumed my YouTube playlist xD
legendary vid :D (what's even funnier is that it has more views than the actual music vid)

Keep it 'em coming kerm <: !

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Damn you, you said the word - SAIL. When somebody says it I hear it the way it's sung in the song. Now I have to listen to that song, coz it won't come out of my head. :P
But seriously, your youtube playlist has a nice timing. Fitting perfecly to my study postings. :)
The video is great, i love the colors and exaggerated faces. I mean, how do you even put your face to such state? :) I wanna learn that...
Thx for dropping by! Next time I'll paint the woman with the spoons maybe? :P So don't forget to add her to your playlist. :)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

Painted a portrait... Made it for value study.
Also, post my dynamic sketching exercise from this week. Another felt-tip killed. :P
I'm reusing pages from my old sketchbook, so you can see some gesture studies here and there... :P

Attached Files Image(s)

More of islands.

Attached Files Image(s)

Those building have a nice warcrafty style. Build more farm! :D

@Hypnagogic_Haze: Thank you! Actually warcraft II was one of my inspirations.

Deleted my portfolio thread because the quality of the works there wasn't good enough (or I'm not satisfied). I will definitely work on new, better ones. Next year will be good for this as I really learnt something about light, color, composition, gesture and perspective and I'm still learning. Every day actually I feel like there's something new added to my skill and knowledge through everyday evening work. Anyway, I can post here what I deleted from portfolio section + some more of really weak stuff that I done earlier this year. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

New island...

Attached Files Image(s)

hey kerm, it seems like your strenght is in stylised work. totally love posting 68 and 65. nice color palettes and bloody roofs. Portraits are getting better and better. One thing that i notice is that the human poses are quite stiff.. You could try to play with the weight and the angle of the spine and shoulders next time. anyway, keep it up dude.
More of dynamic sketching. Will be doing that until 26 of dec, now I can't quit coz it's on the internets. :) If I won't post this stuff every week until that date, ask me why am I so lazy. :)
Plus, some more of islands. The one with skulls really took some time.

@constructicon: Maybe you're right, but... I'll change that! Definitely I don't want to do stylized work all the time and I do have plans for other stuff. So when I'm done with those islands, I will definitely start something different. Got everything planned actually. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

man - keep practising your dynamic drawings - that`s great. And don`t stop drawing ellipses when your term is over!
Stylised work rocks man. no criticism intended ;-)
greetings
Hi Kerm

What a great sketchbook! :D I like your dedication, the dynamic sketching looks like it's working, I like the way some of them overlap your gestures, that would make interesting abstract art. and the floating islands are great! I like the details and colours.

Anyway, just wanted to add to someones suggestion about edges, picking a focal point and playing with contrast and colour saturation (colours lose their redness the further away they are etc) also with your colour studies (which are awesome btw) you could play around with complimentary colours more, like in the shadows (use the complimentary colour of the object, then the background, then mix them) also play around with the colour of your light (i.e warm light/cool shadows and vice versa) I found a great blog about all that that I'll post here when I find it.

p.s thanks for the subscribe :)

SAIL! Hahahahaha your comment killed me when I read it!

Again, much respect for keeping up with the Dynamic Sketching exercises, I feel I need to do some moreeee whenever I drop by your sb!

Great stuff, kerm! Keep working hard and you'll be laughing :D

P.s. too bad YouTube playlists are limited to 200 vids :'c but I was able to sneak some Spoons in :0! Meheheh

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Love those islands! Each one has it's own personality, and they are sure full of personality!

Sketchbook

@constructicon
Thx for the materials in emails, you rock! It will definitely help me.

@Angel_Intheuk
Thank you for all your advices. The issue with the edges comes from brushes a bit, I just have to work them out. The color advices are a big help because I think I struggle with it a lot. Please post this blog address, will definitely help me improve.

@smrrfette
SAIL! The dynamic sketching is kind of boring but I think I control my hand better now (this might sound weird) so It's worth the time! THX! At the start it was kind of like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9DBHCo64Q but on sheet of paper. :)

@Tygerson
Thank you, never thought in this way, that's a unique compliment!

Anyway, here's a another dump of dynamic sketching. Don't belive myself but I'm really getting better. You can see in one of attachments that I really managed to follow straight and curving lines 8 times without making an ugly double line. It's a really mechanical (and boring) exercise, so after that I felt like drawing something more loose so a did a pencil portrait.
Plus one more island - quarry this time. To make it more interesting there's a process description. The island itselft doesn't look like something time consuming, but belive me, it is.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yup. That's what I call awesome sketchbook. I have no Idea how I could miss it previously. Good mix of studies, love those dynamic sketching exercises your doing ;) and those stylized cany houses. cool cool cool, I'll definetly will be visiting you more often. Cheers!

@ramalooke: Thx man! You probably overrate me a bit, but thank you!

Fisherman's island redesigned.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here some free idea:try to add some grass texture and some rock texture you can also play with the color.You can also Study color theory http://vector.tutsplus.com/articles/theo...or-theory/

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Love them. You could fix rock texture on the house to the left so it fits perspecive more. Right now it looks broken. Side of that. Awesome stuff!

Sup Kerm, how's it going,

These dynamic sketching exercises look interesting, it's good to have the discipline to start something like that and actually go back to it again and again, do you feel it helps you in your personal stuff yet ? looks like it does, seeing these island brainstorming sketches on paper having nice lines

Also interesting to see your process for making one of those islands + looking forward to seeing the things you have planned for after the islands!