My New Digital Sketchbook
Damn this is a cool sketchbook! Love the sense of humor in some of these drawings and how far you push the proportions while keeping the construction and anatomy so solid. Thanks for the encouragement :D

great draftsmanship in this book

Killer stuff man :)

@meat - Thanks for the info. I've since gotten my pen brush to work much better.

@ ZombieChinchilla - Thanks!

@ Fedodika - Thanks! I'm glad I could help.

@JonHop - Thanks!

@Flo - Thank you for your thoughts. I agree that I should start doing more observational drawing and painting. Those kinds of exercises always help.

@AngeliquevdMee - Thanks!

@Samszym - Thanks! Your sketches are really good also!

@iggytek - Thanks!

Here are some new drawings and sketches ...

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.
Wow! If you know how to draw and paint, which you certainly do then digital is just another medium. A lot of people say working digitally is like working in oils and I see you have experience there too. I really love the way you sketch. The hatching is splendid. I still can't get the hang of it. You have a very inspiring sketchbook here, keep up the good work :)

Damn ... your sketchbook is amazing .. and funny ... and everything ! Those rat people are pretty cool.

@Tamaira - Thank you for the kind words. Indeed digital is just another medium. I do know how to work with oil paints, but I have not posted any of that work in my sketchbook. Most of the work posted here are digital experiments I am making to refine and control my work in Photoshop.

@Adrian - Thanks!

@Mariyan-Hristov - Thanks! I'll try to update more often.

Here are some new sketches in Photoshop. They may not seem very different from other things I have drawn, but in actuality they are done at a much larger scale than is readily apparent. I am trying to get used to working at larger scales while still controlling the line quality and my ability to add tone to the sketch with a reasonable level of efficiency.

-Sketchbook-
New stuff and some older 'real' pencil stuff.

-Sketchbook-
I dont know what else to say but... woah. You're good at that, sir.

The last few complete scenes are great story-telling images... Are they pencil? And I just had to ask this n00b question... how long did those 3 drawings take you?

Focus.
I really like those pencil drawings, they have a very old school book illustration feel to them. The second one reminds me a lot of Redwall.

Hey man,

thanks for dropping by my sketchbook, I really appreciated the comment.

Could I ask, when you do sketches, do you think in outlines or in 3D shapes? I can't for the life of me figure out, how to make sketches as clean as yours. Could you post your process someday? I would love to see how you work man, just so beautiful and all.

But still ... I am waiting for those observational paintings dude :D

Please help me getting better by checking out my sketchbook

HOMEPAGE http://floart.weebly.com
Photo 
@Adam Lina- Thanks!

@meat- Yes the last three images are all pencil. They are all different sizes, the one with the mice being the largest at 10" x 20", but they each took about 5 to 7 hours to complete.

@StardustLarva- Thanks! Yes, that particular image is inspired by the Redwall books, though it is not a depiction of any particular scene.

@Flo- I am usually thinking in terms of 3D shapes when I am drawing. I also draw fairly lightly in the beginning stages of an image, until the major forms are established. I will try to post something about my process, but there is really nothing new or special about my approach. I will also try to make some time for some observational studies Wink

Some more doodles, and some new images that I am currently working on.

-Sketchbook-
Woaah that last pos tis really my favorite e.e Your compositions are gorgeous and those pencil renderings... Daaamn!!

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
@LaleAnn - Thanks!

Finishing up some of the pieces from the previous post.

-Sketchbook-
A few new digital doodles ...

-Sketchbook-
Yesssssss yesssssssßssssssssssss---!
Finally, an update :D ! (Subscribing to your sketchbook = best idea)

These updates are killing me Javier <3 I just admire how different your work is. Real talk.

That Smurfette resembles me in too many ways :c ... lololol

Keep rocking it! I'll continue to lurk all over your sketchbook in the meantime

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
@smrr - Thanks! Try to cut down on the forties if you can... but if you must have them, you need to have the rolled down brown paper sleeve.

-Sketchbook-
Some new sketches, inspired by the current CHoW.

-Sketchbook-
your characters are amazing! great sketchbook.

edit - I've asked this in other sketchbooks too, I'm always curious how people develop their style, like - did you just keep drawing figures/faces traditionally and then make an effor to stylize once you felt confident with the forms?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AWESOMESAUCE JAVIER <3

Those Cave Dick inspired sketches are the bomb :'D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all