Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
Man, that's a lot of gestures! I completely agree with the comment above about doing more in depth studies of anatomy and longer figures drawings as well. And remember to keep doing some imaginative work as well. Just keep em coming.

I admire your dedication, real nice studies man its looking good, love your edge control on gestures! Keep it up, you are getting it!

@Lyraina, Thanks for taking a look at my scribblings! Im off work for two days this week so I'll definitely be following your advice and doing longer studies when I have the time. I'll try to come up with some personal stuff but I feel a little uninspired lately. Inspiration is a cruel mistress...

@Grohn, Will do! Thanks for stopping by.

@Nika, Thank you, you're too kind.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah well, the inspiration problem... I know that one way too well. Maybe some of the weekly or monthly challenges out there (charakter/encironment/creature etc of the week/month at imaginefx, conceptart.org, cghub or similar sites) might inspire you?

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
@ Lyraina, I need to look into those, thanks for the suggestions!

A couple of these next ones look weird cause I had to mess with curves until the pencil lines would show up more. I'll probably use a darker pencil for finishing lines next time. It'd had been a while since I used pencil. I was attempting to do more detailed figure studies like was suggested to me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man thanks for commenting on my sketchbook, I hardly ever get any feedback on my drawings so it really means so much, I'm workin my butt off at getting better. Your rendered drawings are pretty cool, and youre studying a lot thats good. I know everyones different, but I would suggest do some more concentrated studies, and always, always be creating. Too much study will freeze your creative power, at least from what I've found. Of course everyones heard this, but I whole heartedly believe that youre going to learn the most from real life drawing. I actually never draw from photos, my apartment is full of interesting sculptures, armor, swords, and what have you.

Thanks for commenting daddygreenjeans. I'll work on doing more creative stuff and concentrating on longer studies. And I agree drawing from life is better but I dont have much access to live figure models at the moment. Theres a local drawing club that meet sunday night to draw a live model but I usually have to work those nights. Plus a girl I use to date goes to it and it would be some what awkward for me to see her for reasons I wont go into (¬▂¬) I really want to try drawing people in public again though. Last summer I had a short lived job at the beach doing caricatures. It was nerve racking and a lot of fun!

I spent a good couple hours on this one. Havnt done any digital stuff in a month so it was fun to jump back into it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Haze, lookin' good! I always find coming back to digital after drawing mainly traditionally for awhile is pretty tough. I really like the simplified gestures, your proportions on them look really good! I've got to get back to some gesture drawing soon D:

Keep it coming man!

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Good to see a longer study! :) You might want to fill your background with a medium grey or some color though, it's a lot easier on the eyes (especially when you are working on it for a few hours) and also makes it easier to get the values right. Especially since your reference has a dark background in this case. As for critique for the image itself - I think her right leg is a bit too slim in comparison to the right one, even if it IS a bit slimmer. I think it misses a bit of muscle on her thigh as well as the inside of the lower leg (calf).
Keep it up & have a nice Christmas :)

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
I like those armor studies. I want to draw knights and armors, but every time I try, my mind just blanks out on the armor and clothes...

Focus.
Jonesoda, thanks I try XD. And I suck at digital anyways so its hard no matter what for me. I cant seem to draw with my arm to get smoother lines and avoid wrist pain. I have no problem drawing with my arm traditionally but I have a tiny bamboo fun which makes it difficult. Everything else about digital is awesome and makes up for it. Eventually going to buy a larger tablet. I'll hopefully figure something out in the meantime.

Lyraina, Those are good suggestions. Filling the background would have been smart. Just didnt think of it since I've been drawing traditional so much I forgot what to do with myself in digital. I still havnt gotten around to studying leg anatomy. Thats high on my list. And thank you I had a good xmas. Hope your xmas was the same :)

meat, thanks! I struggle with cloths and armor too. I've only done those studies and I dont think much of it sank in. I need to do a ton more.

I guess I'll post these here too. Theyre assignments from Tul's mentoring class http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4495.html

Attached Files Image(s)

The clowns remind me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epAXIdQrd5E

Creepy ass things. You win a prize if you manage to watch it all the way to the end...

Nice clean lines on your perspective room thing. I would focus some more on line work for the other studies though, they are 'chicken scratchy'. Focus on long smooth lines. I find that gestures are the best place to practice this. Confidence is key :)

Good to see you have been working so hard this year. Looking forward to seeing how much you improve next year :D

Thats my new favorite video. I watched it 10 times in a row. Spoiler alert... he falls off the park bench :)

Got a WIP here. Crits plez.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, nice stuff mate ;) Keep it up!

Very awesome indeed man, can't wait to see you progress Thumbs_up
thanks ramalooke and Danny!

Worked up a new version of the same idea.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a few suggestions:

Focus.
Thanks for the advices :) Heres an update. Slowly working up to the detail stage which I have no idea how to tackle but oh well. Baby steps!

Attached Files Image(s)

Another update. Very slowly but surely coming along :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Good shit man, you are EVOLVING!!!! hahaha the dude standing on the other guys face in your last image is awesome. I like the Samus sketches and paintings too man. Keep it up!