Jonny's WIP - CC1 GoT game
It's really fun to watch your progress. I love the girls! You are really good at catching expressions :)

CrackedSkull Thanks man! I liked those first ideas too, I might do something with them after this challenge is over.
PurpleScissors Thanks! I wish I could bring those kind of expressions to my imaginative work, must keep practising!

Some pretty ugly thumbnails. Not too thrilled about any of them but will go with one, that gives me one day to do the drawing, one day to paint in value and one day to paint it in colour.

[Image: sPrF5KY.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
I LOVE weasel little finger. Haha. Just pick whichever thumb speaks to the narrative and GoT most I guess. If this is a character focus, maybe pick one that doesn't cut too much off the figure

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Have to agree with Amit, the little finger weasel is just amazing.

Thanks guys! Really motivates me to hear your encouragement : )

Worked a bit more on the comp, cobbled together bits and pieces from my studies. Happy enough with this, will start to redraw everything to look much better and make the girls more suited to GoT. Wish me luck!

[Image: 51XQJO5.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
:) Great choice for the character, a weasel he is. Your composition is coming in very nicely! If I may add some minor critique: Try to give the character more "air" above his head. It would also eliminate the tangent of the leopard hookers head. Other than that, it´s good!

Elderscroller Thanks man! I actually purposely cut her head with the top of the frame, he seemed too small when it was bigger and I see a lot in movies they'll cut the frame across the crown of someones head, to allow something to run off the page (although maybe I should crop it a little lower still if it looks like a tangent?). Now I've finished the lines and got everything where I want, I'll experiment a bit tomorrow with raising the frame up again. Thanks for the input!

Woo finished the lines! Values on the characters are just there to let the linework show, need to tinker with that tomorrow and then start to get focused on the values all over. Will try raising the frame a little too like Elderscroller suggested.

Can't decide between these two, idk maybe they are so similar and there's not much in it (been staring at this thing for too long now!)

[Image: 1B4JktY.jpg]
Light rays crossing his body (maybe gives him more of a connection to the 'darkness' within him since his head is entering the darker part)

[Image: VG6t1vt.jpg]
Totally surrounded by light and backlit - maybe this can make him look even more dark of a character, i don't know anymore XD

EDIT

Does look better with the raised frame ^_^b

[Image: X3QO9b1.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
wow havnt popped in here for awhile and loving what you have come up with, very nice compo, I reakon it gives it more breathing space, having a taller frame.... no crit at this point cause I think its working....

very nice indeed
Nice one Jyon, the comp is really good the lighting and all that. great work also with the design of littlefinger and your linework !

you're ready for the next step indeed, go forth and dont look back!

Slash & Kurt Thanks guys!!

This stuff takes a lot longer than I expected XD

Still need to finish the values then probably going to have to use just a few colour gradients to hint some colour. Have to finish today now.

[Image: al8H9uN.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
I've been following your work. It's shaping up real nice!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Loving everything about this!

Really nice, looking forward to see this finished ^^

John & Hobitt & Eyliana Thank you!

I rendered this as much as I'm going to - I don't really know how to do it and just make things look like they are moulded from clay the more I render.

Trying to put some colour but not so good at this part ^^; just trying things til I find something that works. Any last minute tips or advice would be much appreciated ¬_¬

[Image: NuryjPS.jpg]

[Image: N3lTF4u.jpg]

[Image: anrUBR5.jpg]

^ this one is horrible, just playing with different temperatures and the 'color' mode layer but I don't like it, will try some colour gradients next.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Color mode is pretty much vallue related afaik, so most of the time if you do color mode your value has to be right, which sucks when you're still playing around with things. Though it looks cool!

Brush yea not such a useful mode for trying out colours... I managed to manhandle the colour gradients into something I was happy enough with.

All done!!

[Image: ffmuppn.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
came out great, looks just like littlefinger the weasel lol my only crit would of to bring out the back characters a bit... but I guess like myself time ran out... love it and definitely has that GoT feel... great stuff
Slash Thanks man! I did debate with myself for a while how much to bring out those back characters - I didn't really want them to be a secondary focal point or compete with the main character at all so opted to have them just hinted at back there, so you don't really see them right away and if you look at it longer you will notice them. Not sure how successful that was! I really wanted to go to town on them cause I was happy with how they came out but had to force myself to leave them alone XD

Forgot to add these little photoshop effects for the final image, too late for the challenge now but figured I'd finish it off:

[Image: alj2uEI.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Nailed the character perfectly :)
leopard lady looks hot :P