Nick Waldinger's Sketchbook
God damn are environments hard. Feel pretty good about the values/colors but the texture is super hard to imply correctly. Gotta keep at em.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh, and a portrait I did for class. Fun stuff.

[Image: rockstar_by_epoch_owen-db6jv3g.jpg]

Next assignment is to manipulate the color while still maintaining the realism. Really challenged with this one but I feel like I learned a bit more about color relationships and how they work. On to the next one!

Attached Files Image(s)

And another one. Really struggled with this one and I think I botched it in the end, but hey. Learned a few things so it can't be that bad; had a hard time figuring out what was warm and what was cool. Will focus on that for the next go around, but now it's onto some personal work for the weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

God damn are environments/landscapes tough for me. Gonna have to keep trying em out, but I think I manipulated the color well enough for the assignment.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well this one was just a fuckin nightmare. Struggled like crazy with the textures and just felt lost while painting altogether. But hey, atleast this assignment is over and it's time to move onto the last one for the course.

Attached Files Image(s)

Last assignment for the class, which is to apply everything learned thus far to achieve your own piece/illustration. Went back to my ol' planar head for a still life and added a few other items to subtly convey a story :P One more and its onto the next classes!

Attached Files Image(s)

Great progress with that Schoolism course Nick! And for someone who doesn't do environments, those last enviro's turned out pretty good.

Keep going!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

@Artloader - Thanks! Definitely struggle with them but I'm gonna start implementing them more and more into my studies.

For my very last assignment for the Essentials of Realism course, I decided to do a self-portrait. I'm going to use self-portraits as a marker of my progress and after every few months or so I'll be sure to do one. Really felt I've made a lot of progress since my last self-portrait which was last summer. Onto the next Schoolism course, Pictorial Composition with Nathan Fowkes. Should be pretty dope.

Attached Files Image(s)

First assignment in the Pictorial Composition class, doing 3 quick studies per composition.

Attached Files Image(s)