Inktober 2016!
Nice stuff, everyone! I'm not following any set themes, I'm just drawing whatever. Days 1 and 2 and two characters of mine:

[Image: tumblr_oefd8t6PsL1rrywreo1_540.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_oegbl2uSs81rrywreo1_540.jpg]

Eyliana The figure looks nice as a stylised thing, it totally fits in that case, and you have that nice feathered effect Rackham has on his figures. One thing to watch is that a lot of your feathering / hatching lines, and the tree and the figure are all pulling up to the right. I don't think it's too much of a big deal but can make things feel just a little unbalanced.

Kayo Good to see you back again!

Zombie I love your lines and lineweight, awesome stuff!

My day 3... drawing is so hard xD continuing with my fairy and the ink bottle motif. Sort of happy with the result but it was a real battle to get there.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Nice one Jon! But you could do a few things to improve it IMO.

You have used the same kind of "rendering" (idk how else to say it) on the dark part of her hair and the ink bottle (the "zigzagging"). I think you should try to actually draw strands of hair and render them darkly when they are in the shadow. Take a look at how pro artists do it. Here is an example from vinland saga: http://i41.tinypic.com/2s1lsw1.jpg

My inktober drawing for today: A girl and her cat.

[Image: 4IhmedQ.jpg]

#2 ; Wanted to redraw something nicer to post yesterday instead of posting this for Inktober, but ended up doing neither. It has a trumpet nose.

Focus.
#2 Dota courier
Got to make a 3d animated model if I want to see it in the game tho :)

@Zorrentos I absolutely love your drawing! ^^

Attached Files Image(s)

Digital inking today
character for strategy(real-time) RPG (action) game
Corpsehopper

Or maybe it's just my failed self-portrait?

Nice dargon @meat, would be great to see even more of your dragons here!
@mirakoly wow you improved so much! Keep up posting :)
@Zombie you already got some style with your ladies! I would suggest experimenting with some very different faces as well tho,might be fun :) Great to see you joned!

Attached Files Image(s)

@Amit: Thanks! It's not an easy tool to get control of at first. Also, it turns out that my sketchbook soaks it up too much, so it immediately creates fat blobs when I touch it with a single bristle and it's impossible to create any fine lines on it - had to draw on cheap printer paper for now until I can find a sketchbook that works better... I'm also surprised how fast I run through the ink cartridges (I mean seriously, it's only been 2 days!!!)

[Image: a4cc882a48aa2a950af843d8d7260962a1ee2309.jpg]

@Olooriel : Those have some nice line variation!

#3 ; need to keep idea simple and finish fast. Can't have this taking more time than other assignments.

Focus.
@Neo: Haha, that ref though was great :)
@Olooriel, I think someone called A Lina mentioned to me once that he just refilled his brushpen with diluted india ink or something? I'll ask him the next time I talk to him.

#4 Straight from the noggin, like in the good old days...

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
@Neo Thanks a lot!! You're doing really great too

@Jyonny, forgot to reply, houses were drawn from photos

Day 4, Tank 2

Todays Inktober: A scene from a dream I had.

4/31

[Image: LQye1Ke.jpg]

Olooriel I use a syringe and a metal needle and refill those cartridges straight from an ink bottle - you can also use the eyedropper that's attached to the ink bottle lid but it can be a bit fiddly and potentially messy. The refills hold so little ink, it ends up costing a lot to keep buying cartridges. You can get syringes and stuff from amazon! Just don't use Higgins black magic ink, it's way too watery for copy paper.

Z Thanks for the crits - I got deja vu from an old crit I never addressed so decided to do some much needed hair practice!

Day 4, just messing around with faces and adding hair from reference:

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453
Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll be sure to get some syringes and an ink pot!

[Image: 7561a06a392dd377bb33c849c1183df2091d52b5.jpg]

Inktober 5/31 

Comfy NEET artist.

[Image: zr3QpCM.jpg]

Almost forgot to post my ssssstuff.

hi hi hi hi 

here, have some fails so far <3

theme: overwatch
just having fun in my down time for this inktober

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
5, btw any of you posting on IG? Reactivated my account yesterday, would love to follow some of you folks!

I'm an art whore. https://www.instagram.com/monkeybreadart/
No Inktober 5 for me...too busy doing client work T_T

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
I started one with inktober, not sure yet if I'll stick with it beyond that, so far I prefer tumblr.

https://www.instagram.com/olooriel/