Coinhero's sketchbook
[Image: Qx0m6XU.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_owdptpgmom1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
Not feeling it today. I's stressing out because university start tomorrow and I wont have much time to paint. No point in pushing my self to paint when I'm not feeling it.
[Image: ioWEhN4.jpg]
Uni started today bye bye free time
[Image: tumblr_owheb4jrJf1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
hoot[Image: RPft9iBg.jpg]
Another Niy study I'm doing. I seriously don't understand hes values / general thought process, but that's why I like his art so much. Uni is draining my energy I cant focus on anything.
[Image: RIu3DJ2.jpg]
[Image: 6MOBQNm.jpg]
First week of uni and I already hate it. I'm not used to the stress of doing multiple completely different projects at the same time and it probably good for me in the long run... anyway fuck uni I'm going to do just studies from pictures till I get my shit together.
[Image: pMWrTHi.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_owqka3x5sB1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
Today I was focused on school work but it didn't really work out, its hard to force yourself to do something you don't want to especially when it come to art. Here are some random sketches I did after that.[Image: 0Vo1THq.jpg][Image: ZSaHCBF.jpg][Image: WtjO36O.jpg]
I should really lower the resolution of these things
Damn I feel so bad for just doing copies of Niy every other day but Mondays and Tuesdays I've got no free time at all.
I haven't seen any movies or just looked at art in a long time so ideas are hard to come up with and no time + no ideas = shitty art feelsbadman. I feel like when I was doing those Egypt themed painting because it was so different to what I normally do getting a painting out was super easy maybe I need something like that again just don't know what. 
Anyway here is some lines I made and also once a week I have a painting class in school its just 2 hours but at least it gives me an excuse to use oil paint I'm going to post a picture when I'm done with the painting. (english is hard)[Image: yIQMQFR.jpg]
[Image: TpViWIK.jpg][Image: UBhZfMs.jpg]
I did some still life charcoal drawing today and it reminded me how much I love using charcoal[Image: tf6e2FC.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ox00gzo9uk1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: MFOftoX.jpg]
hey there, you got some nice work, noticed theres a few common things going on. fair few of your pieces have a single or sometimes 2 characters that are spaced out in a bit of a bare scene. the renderings pretty good though some pieces show heaps of small strokes which are so evenly sized they dont read well as differing textures. theres some inconsistent lighting and doesnt benefit the mood which sometimes looks unsure. i like the owl in the tree the bunny in the woods is super white considering the rest of the lighting in the scene. i think you could benefit from more grouping of elements, like with the trees in some pieces which im guessing are less refed, the trees stand out so much individually which you dont need. not trying to put you down in any way, just my impression. good stuff and keep gettn good :)

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Xelfereht has some good points. I think the biggest area you could improve is your brush size and more intentional texturing. Bring the lasso tool or pen tool into your workflow, or at least paint with a larger brush to get a cleaner look.

A lot of your compositions, ideas, and studies here are quite nice, would be great to see them given more polish.

Yea every time I start a painting I tell myself "USE BIG BRUSH STROKES SIMPLIFY BE CLEAN"  and the first 20-30 mins are great but then slowly the painting starts turning it to a muddy unreadable piece of shit. I'm definitely working on improving in that aspect but I'm not the fastest learner. Little improvements every time eventually fix the problem (or at least I hope that's how it works). When it comes to adding characters I don't have an excuse or anything I just suck at drawing people and don't enjoy doing it, I love painting the environment and for the longest time I was only interested in drawing environments but my interests have shifted and now my people drawing skills are 10 times worst that everything else. Worst is my drawing time is quite limited these next 2 months and I have to choose between doing proper studies and drawing cool stuff.

tl;dr: I'm lazy
[Image: xyRdrpr.jpg]
your environments do shine but i dont think your characters are bad, could just do with being lit more like their environment and yeah can just treat them like environment features but treat them like an interesting tree rather than a regular tree? more than brush size, i think youre getting the same the same shapes for everything which lack of contrast means lack of standing apart. even with little time being conscious of things will go a long way. im not tryna say ur doing anything wrong, just that we can all do better :)
and these sketchbooks give a good chance to find where we can all improve.
i dont think youre bad at drawing the characters, just maybe theres a more interesting way to compose them than some of the ones here.
still enviro is looking good, and thats an area im lacking in bad. so keep it up!

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
Yea I'm just gonna keep trying and see what happens
[Image: tumblr_ox5ayhSaFP1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]