Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,138
» Latest member: mooshi
» Forum threads: 7,312
» Forum posts: 124,132

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 1206 online users.
» 17 Member(s) | 1174 Guest(s)
AhrefsBot, Apple, Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Discord, DuckDuckGo, Facebook, Google, Mojeek, Moz, Pinterest, Semrush, Seznam, Yandex, CBinnsIllustration, cgmythology, Coinhero, Cosmic Inhabitant, Damien Levs, DK, FallingWater, Lege1, Lunatique, one_two, Pubic Enemy, Shaping, VitorCardoso, Zizka

Latest Threads
Paginas y MAS!
Forum: SKETCHBOOKS
Last Post: one_two
1 hour ago
» Replies: 163
» Views: 19,338
Darktiste Sketchbook
Last Post: darktiste
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1,147
» Views: 550,626
Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketc...
Last Post: cgmythology
4 hours ago
» Replies: 42
» Views: 7,883
Lunatique's Sketchbook
4 hours ago
» Replies: 61
» Views: 3,583
Look what the Sonoran win...
5 hours ago
» Replies: 130
» Views: 36,221
Sketchbook: Version 1.5
5 hours ago
» Replies: 122
» Views: 11,503
Vitor sketchbook
5 hours ago
» Replies: 230
» Views: 64,285
CGMythology's Sketchbook
5 hours ago
» Replies: 849
» Views: 210,806
How I stopped worrying an...
Forum: ART RELATED
Last Post: Zizka
7 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 178
CHOW Challenge #51 WIP: T...
Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES
Last Post: Lege1
Yesterday, 11:46 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 209

Heyy!
Posted by: Jukka - 05-29-2012, 01:17 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (4)

Hey hou!

Been lurking for a while, finally decided to join in :)

My name is Jukka Rajaniemi, from Helsinki, Finland, and hoping to make my living as a freelance illustrator.

I've been working as a game artist since 2005 for a few Finnish game companies, mostly working on mobile games.
I'd like to make it as a freelance illustrator though, and have been trying to push my skills to hopefully make that happen.
I guess what I've been lacking the most is that I havent spent enough time doing the studies, and that's what actually made me want to join the group since that seems to be a lot of what this is about here.. and making friends and stuff :)

I don't even remember where I first heard of this group, but it seems like a great place to learn and improve together as artists :)

My Deviantart page, if you want to take a look:

http://jukka-r.deviantart.com/

Yay, cheers!

Jukka

Print this item

Skwall Here *waves*
Posted by: Skwall - 05-28-2012, 08:50 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (6)

Hey guys,
Long time lurker, finally decided to post :p

I don't really have any work to post up here at the moment, I've been reworking everything starting from scratch on the topics I stupidly decided to avoid at school.

Here's my DA though - http://sk-wall.deviantart.com/?rnrd=17188

And I pop on Livestream every now and then - http://www.livestream.com/skwart?t=184386

Long way to go yet, hopefully this will give me a bit more of a push to cram in as much learning as possible,

Cheers :)

Stacey

Print this item

Hey there
Posted by: Micropen - 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

I'm Chandler. I'm 18 and recently graduated highschool (diploma received 8 days ago). I've always been a casual artist, sketching and doodling on anything school-related. My last year of highschool though, I got much more serious and focused harder on my art. I've recently switched to digital and got a tablet. I'm fairly new to it but I hope to get a grip on it soon. I love art, but I'm not sure if I can be good enough and competitive enough to persue a career in it. I'm struggling with the decision to either go to college and get an art degree, just say home and hone my art skills until I don't even need an art degree to get work, or just cut my loses and go to college or the job core for something else entirely.
No matter what though, Art will always be apart of my life, so I decided to make this account (on the advice of brenthollowell) to meet like-minded people and to simply enjoy art.

Print this item

Wink hey!
Posted by: Brookz - 05-25-2012, 07:20 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

Now that i'm off the world of warcrack (after 7 years) its time to get my life started. my experience so far is far from dazzling, so i wont post any links to anything or past art here. I was a SAI user for the past 9 months and i'm dropping it for photoshop. because i am so new to shop it will probably be a while till i post any arts, but i will be streaming my learning experience once it has reached a point that is not so ridiculous.

very happy to have found and now be a part of this community.

Print this item

hiya everyone
Posted by: IronCutter15 - 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

[font=[/font]

hello everyone

I am IronCutter15 I wanted to start out that going into this group I hope I can stride to get better and develop my skills as an artist whether traditional or digital media.if you want to know more about myself well let's start at the beginning. growing up watching cartoons and playing video games I always had a thing for art ever since I was young. at age 10 I decided to ask myself what I wanted to be and well I wanted to do a lot of things. after thinking about it I fell in love with art so much that I wanted to pursue it.I enjoy a lot of cartoons whether it was U.S. super hero's like batman, the Punisher, and such. and also Anime.video games too like some of the capcom stuff, grand theft auto,metal gear solid, etc. there is a lot I like so I wanted to hone my skills to develop a particular way of drawing. I know that there is a lot of styles out there but I want to draw the way that I wanted to draw. I don't want to be someone else but myself.

I started reading how to draw books including "how to draw manga" by hikaru hayashi and starting practicing my skills.and took classes in high school (digital photoshop as well because its free :D )and some classes in college. but I feel like after doing it a while I feel it wasn't good enough. I when to some conventions from where I live and I notice how much work it would take to get myself out there. I know that going to school isn't really enough for me to be out there so I wanted to really stress on becoming a better artist. after all this is "the industry" and I very much knew what I am getting myself into; there is a lot of talented artist and everyone is out to survive and be the best that they can be. I want to separate myself from the crowd and try to push myself as much as possible even when I'm pissed!

I don't want to be some bum who just doesn't get anywhere in life and waste it!I don't want to become one of them. I want to pursue and do something with my skills and get somewhere in life.I hope I can improve any way that I can and hopefully one day I can get the job that I wanted.

my goals for myself
I'll make it simple but these are what I have in mind at the moment

-to work at a comic book industry(udon entertainment,image,dark horse comics) and to be able to attend comic book conventions to promote myself

-to be to really understand both traditional media(penciling,inking,values) and digital media(like knowing more tricks, and learning new techniques)

-to be more confident and efficient in my art skills and be able to handle stress in the industry

-to get a better life and enjoy what I do.

-and to help other's when needed so they can pursue what they want in life.

just to get this out of the way I want to focus on comic books because I have a appreciation toward that media and I wanted to focus more that. I don't feel that I should work at animation and movies because it doesn't interest me. this is what I want to improve on and really hope to get myself there when I get there for now I want to start on the right foot.

thanks
by Ironcutter
[/i][/b]

Print this item

Hola!
Posted by: wla91 - 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

Hello everybody! my name is Wladimir and im from Dominican Republic, im actually studying graphic design, not exactly what i want to make a living of, but its the closest thing art related i can study in here.

I was very interested in joining here but got kind of lazy haha, but enough of that! im doing my best to practice daily every moment i have free time, doing studies and working on my flaws because i really want to get better at this, i hope we can all help each other to bring the best of us :)

Have a nice day guys!

Print this item

hi im si
Posted by: si_daniels - 05-17-2012, 05:57 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (5)

hey everyone im si. I'm 24 (almost) and currently at a stand still in my life. im not sure if i should continue going to school for art or just work and paint till i get good enough to try to get some type of job with it. i am one of those suckers that has spent the last decade playing video games and ocassionaly painting but lately ive kicked that habit and have been painting and studying pretty hard core. anyways im kind of an idiot when it comes to making a website so heres my DA

http://josiahdaniels.deviantart.com/

Print this item

Someone be my friend... will pay $$
Posted by: JerryActric - 05-13-2012, 06:00 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

short and sweet i started getting serious with my art about 2 months ago when i decided i wanted to learn to draw the figure ( i thought this just meant learning anatomy )

since then i learned what form actually meant, about lighting, perspective, drawing in 3d space and at least heard most of the other terms. So i pretty much realised i have no idea how to draw correctly. I picked up a loomis book and now im studying my butt off to try and get my art up to a good enough standard that i could be a concept artist in the future. I'm 20 years old and im starting pretty much from scratch !

Print this item

Hello from Barcelona!!
Posted by: Jaku - 05-11-2012, 10:20 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

Hello, everybody!

My name is Jaume Cullell (aka Jaku) and I'm a freelance Illustrator from Barcelona, Spain, specialized in caricatures.

Since 2004 I’ve worked as character designer and storyboard artist for TV series and advertisements for international studios (Spain, U.S.A, Israel, England, Italia, Australia). I’ve done illustrations for roleplaying games, magazines and comicbooks.

I've arrived to this nice comunity by suggestion of my friend and great artist Isra (isra-ac). My intention is to share my job with a nice group of artists and get some feedback so I can improve and grow up as artist, because I'm starting to feel a little bit blocked and need to move forward.

You can take a look at my personal on-line portfolio:

http://www.jaumecullell.com

Thanks!!!

Print this item

Hey everybody
Posted by: Johanaan - 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

I just joined this wonderfull community so I guess it's in order to tell you a bit about myself.

I'm a self thought artist. I've been neglecting my talent for a decade learning and doing diverse stuff for a living from logo designs, web pages, basic 3D modeling so I decided to get back to basics and try to evolve as an illustrator. I bought a Wacom tablet and set myself to a journey of artistic growth. I'm here to learn as I go and hopefully I can help someone else on their path of perfection.

As a part of my growth I recently started a blog to force myself to regularly post new illustrations. If you're interested you can check it out here: http://johanaanart.blogspot.com/

I also have my DeviantArt profile, but if you go through it, you can see I've been quite passive for the last years. http://atma33.deviantart.com/

So this is it in short.

I hope I can contribute to this community, grow as an artist and meet some ql people on the way.

Cheeers ;)

Jan

Print this item