Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,127
» Latest member: D1$ass3mbl3d
» Forum threads: 7,309
» Forum posts: 124,101

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 2518 online users.
» 16 Member(s) | 2488 Guest(s)
AhrefsBot, Apple, Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, MJ12bot, Mojeek, Moz, Pinterest, Semrush, Seznam, Yandex, Cosmic Inhabitant, D1$ass3mbl3d, Damien Levs, DK, Dominicque, FallingWater, JosephCow, one_two, Strelok_2012, VitorCardoso, Zizka

Latest Threads
Punky Sketches
Forum: SKETCHBOOKS
Last Post: RottenPocket
21 minutes ago
» Replies: 93
» Views: 68,259
Vitor sketchbook
Last Post: VitorCardoso
1 hour ago
» Replies: 220
» Views: 63,308
Sketchbook: Version 1.5
Last Post: Damien Levs
Yesterday, 06:17 PM
» Replies: 110
» Views: 10,932
Look what the Sonoran win...
Last Post: Damien Levs
Yesterday, 06:11 PM
» Replies: 129
» Views: 35,698
How I stopped worrying an...
Forum: ART RELATED
Last Post: darktiste
04-23-2024, 06:39 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 47
CGMythology's Sketchbook
Last Post: Jephyr
04-23-2024, 10:06 AM
» Replies: 851
» Views: 208,624
Sketchbook
Last Post: Jephyr
04-23-2024, 10:00 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 1,295
Environment Challenge #4 ...
Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES
Last Post: Lege1
04-21-2024, 04:02 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 190
Leg Muscles Study
Forum: SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS
Last Post: JosephCow
04-20-2024, 11:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 113
Darktiste Sketchbook
Last Post: Zizka
04-20-2024, 10:14 PM
» Replies: 1,145
» Views: 545,454

It's... a nianto!
Posted by: nianto - 04-26-2012, 05:33 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Sooo i guess i have to introduce myself?
- i've been around here quite a while now, and decided (while watching livestreams allday alongside) that i'll give it a start and join here.

i've been drawing quite a while, but took it seriously since last year or so. i never gave enough effort to it, because i'm studying 3d animation (and not any trad or fine art).
I draw most of my spare time, aand if I don't have to do something in 3d (i'm kinda starting to "hate" it, it consumes so much time)

I'll start a sketchbook the other day, when i'm in university and have nothing else to do, so get prepared for it! yaay

don't know what to tell in addition.
humm, i'm from austria (if anyone knows this little tiny country) aaaand i love cats :)

ah. and if anybody cares, my real name is antonia and my dA: nianto.deviantart.com
(if it's annoying, that i write the " I " in small type, please tell me..)

leeet's rock x]

Print this item

Hello Forum People
Posted by: Dark-fenrir - 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hello, it's really great to be here! I have just recently discovered the art of Dave Rapoza and all this stuff here. I am currently an illustration student at the Cleveland Institute of Art. It wasn't until this year that I attempted to perfect my digital art ability so i'm a bit of a novice in this department. I still have a very long way to go and i'm open to any help and knowledge I can gain here.

Print this item

*insert variation of Hello here*
Posted by: IONIC - 04-22-2012, 09:59 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hey guys,

figured i'd break my forum cherry as soon as possible. i've been drawing my entire life with no formal training to speak of, which has caused me to develop some pretty bad habits when it comes to art. I have a rudimentary understanding of anatomy, a mild understanding of perspective, and my design is utter fucking garbage. I'm hoping i can use you sorry bastards and bastettes to further push my development as an artist lol.

aside from all that, I have a fear of stepping outside of my comfort zone, so i think participating in the blood sports will be good for me.

*puts a condom over his hand like a glove and reaches into the throng of strangers, greeting everyone* : D

Print this item

elo
Posted by: jackl - 04-18-2012, 03:11 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

hey guyse,

entered the deviant group a few weeks ago to learn more about drawing and improving my own skills.
Im really interested in drawing figures but mainly doing products for my classes at the moment.

I hopefully will bring some digital work in here one day and get some resonance.

jackl

Print this item

Hey
Posted by: Vigil - 04-17-2012, 04:59 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

My name is Øyvind Hyldmo, 21 years old. I'm studying game design. I've been drawing and painting for a few years, but I want to up my game a bit.

Print this item

Music The first step
Posted by: Jereme Peabody - 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hey everyone,

So this is my first step. Joining an artist community to become more involved. I've been doing art it for as long as I can remember, but without any formal training everything was just flat and boring. My real struggle has been to move away from realism. Everything I painted had to be exact, detailed, meticulous. Everything rendered completely. What I found was that I can produce very photo-realistic digital images. However, the art was boring and lifeless.

That's why I'm here; to push myself to the next level. I have been getting more serious with my art so I've been scouring the internet for resources. I stumbled on your videos while poking around on youtube the other day. I absolutely love the critters critiques. It's okay to watch someone paint, but to understand how to change the image to push it that much further is really inspiring. So that's what I've been doing, pushing my art just a little further and further each day.

I'll most likely be contributing in the bloodsports in hopes that I can improve my artwork. At least, at worst, I can show you what not to do :)

Cheers,

Jereme
deviantART

Print this item

Hi all.
Posted by: Hirgonn - 04-11-2012, 06:50 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hi everyone. My name is Pete Dora. I'm a professional artist, and I work full time for a company that makes slot machines. I'm trying to branch out and get some freelance to work to supplement my income and get myself into some of the other realms of illustration and concept art. Kind of just trying to make a name for myself.

I know I have a lot of learning and growing to do, and I'm excited about this community. I really need to start telling a story with my art and making better compositions in general as well as just adding backgrounds to my art.

Feel free to check out my work at any of the links below.

Here's my portfolio website.
http://www.peterdora.com/

DA page
http://peterman2070.deviantart.com/

CGHub page
http://hirgonn.cghub.com/

Thanks,

Pete

Print this item

WAZZZAP From Spitboi - Bostonian in the House!
Posted by: spitboi - 04-11-2012, 01:29 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

BLABBER - Just recapping my life to this point in a "brief" summary - God Speed!

My name is Ali Swei and I run by Spitboi (as you can tell). I am 21 turning 22 relatively soon and studying game design out in Worcester, MA. I have been drawing my tail off as of late and thanks to the Daggers I have been pushing myself further than ever before.

Art background revolves around almost everything being self taught (who isn't at this point?) and doing manga/anime crap for a while. I still look back at it and its obviously in my personal 'style' (don't like that word ><) and enjoy it a lot. I was working my tail off for a good 5 years from 5th grade till 10th grade but took a long break for 4 years where it was just doodling. In the past 6 months I have been working on anatomy and some digital and its paying off!

I thought I was great and looked at concept artists as demigods but looking back at my ignorance I realize that I am going to never be good enough forever (in my eyes) and just waiting and working towards my turn to become a "demigod" as it will be inevitable if I work hard enough.

ANYWAYS!!

Here are some goals for personal reference for down the line:
If I can get good enough to get at least some commissions around/before graduating and have some kind of name for myself.

Issues to work on:
1) Perspective
2) Environment
3) Color theory
4) COMPOSITION
5) Lighting
6) Values
7) Hand/Eye/Lower body/extremity anatomy
8) LOTSA STUDIES!
9) MORE STUDIES!!
10) ZBrush/Sculpting
11) Tons of digital painting/drawing and being able to do linework!

Man this can go on forever, I have class in an hour but this turned into a diary entry for myself!

Anyways - see ya!

- Spit

Print this item

Wink Greetings
Posted by: Wolkenfels - 04-07-2012, 10:40 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (4)

Hey,

I am Wolkenfels - a 44 year old german guy. Some may know me because i hang around in other peoples livestreams a lot.
I started painting very late in life. In the beginning i did tracing (yeah - blame me - but i think it is a common beginner thing) than i did some coloring of other ppls lineart and the last months i mainly did studies.
I think it is time to go a step forward and so i will try the actual bloodsport challenge. I just hope i can do it.

Cheers
Wolkenfels

wolkenfels.deviantart.com

Print this item

Hi, I'm Giovanny
Posted by: artsymptom - 04-05-2012, 11:06 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Nice to meet you all, I hope to learn a lot in this forum, I really need to do some workout to improve my artwork, time to bleed XD. Here my blog: http://artsymptom.blogspot.com

Print this item