Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,124
» Latest member: Shadow
» Forum threads: 7,308
» Forum posts: 124,076

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 2259 online users.
» 20 Member(s) | 2226 Guest(s)
AhrefsBot, Apple, Applebot, Baidu, Bing, CommonCrawl, Google, Mojeek, Moz, Pinterest, Semrush, Seznam, Yandex, Artemis, CBinnsIllustration, Cosmic Inhabitant, Damien Levs, DK, Dominicque, euthyphro, FallingWater, GenesisVandrake, JosephCow, Lunatique, maruv, one_two, Shadow, VitorCardoso, Zizka

Latest Threads
Leg Muscles Study
Forum: SEEKING CRITIQUE/PAINTOVERS
Last Post: JosephCow
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 38
Darktiste Sketchbook
Forum: SKETCHBOOKS
Last Post: darktiste
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1,142
» Views: 540,744
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FANTASY ILL...
Forum: SEEKING A GROUP
Last Post: Shadow
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,158
Crimson Guardians
Forum: PARTNER/GROUP DAILIES
7 hours ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 35,511
Hello, I guess...
Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 70
Pen Pineapple Apple Sketc...
Last Post: maruv
Yesterday, 05:27 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 526
Sketchbook: Version 1.5
Last Post: Damien Levs
Yesterday, 07:19 AM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 10,079
Environment Challenge #4 ...
Forum: COMMUNITY CHALLENGES
Yesterday, 01:48 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 107
Introduction
Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
04-18-2024, 03:00 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 51
Shin's Sketchbook
04-16-2024, 12:57 AM
» Replies: 498
» Views: 381,441

Hello thar
Posted by: RockOnGuy - 05-07-2012, 04:12 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hey there,

I'm rockonguy :s
Introduced here by sickbrush, 14 yrs. old, from Holland.
My real name is Sjoerd (dutch name)
Hobbies: Guitar, jiu-jitsu and of course art.
Started digital yesterday, traditional since summer break.
That's about it, i guess. :sleepy:

Print this item

ELLO!!!
Posted by: rob_powell - 05-05-2012, 01:01 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

Finally decided to give this site a try after hearing about it for a little while. You may know me from conceptart.org or deviantart, but for those who don't; my name is Robert Powell, I am a digital artist that currently resides in Canada. I have been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil. Painting is something that I have only really started a few years ago, but neither is perfect as this point. Any sort of crits or suggestions are welcome and highly encouraged whenever you see my work. Don't be shy or feel that you are too harsh, cuz I can take it. :)

Hopefully I can learn a thing or two while being here, so that I may be one step closer to achieving my goal of working in the concept art industry.

Cheers!

Print this item

hello all
Posted by: Mesmer - 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

i dont know if its fate or not but i just came off a serious, serious, serious artistic breakdown last night from around 11pm until around 9am this morning and i have to say this community is exactly what ive been looking for to keep myself positive and focused.

ive watched every dave and dan video in just today. i checked out a livestream of i believe dan, and ive looked through the forum at the small but very passionate community. i am happy to join in and put some serious work in with you guys so we can all improve together.

i am also more than willing to share any of the love and help i get back with other members of the community.. so lets all get awesome

p.s im not sure how quickly this forum moves yet with a slightly smaller community than say.. a conceptart or something.. but i have the luxury right now of not having to work for about another 2 or 3 months. that being said ill be on here (at least with a window open) almost constantly and i plan to practice 4-10 hours daily.

Print this item

Smile Hello, hello!
Posted by: taratey - 05-02-2012, 10:24 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello guys! My name is Tey and I'm a 24 y/o guy in the Philippines. I'm new here and all I want to say is that I love drawing and learning from guys like you here in Crimson Daggers.. Yey! :D

Print this item

A bow to all of you
Posted by: Rrabbstyjke - 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (1)

Hey people of the Crimson,

My name is Fotis Aradas, or Rrabbstyjke. I'm 29 years old, from Athens, Greece. I've always been drawing and painting, though never took it more professionaly than a hobby. Recently, I had a change of heart and was thinking to go after this on a professional level, and that made me realize I need to improve my skills. I've been around forums here and there, DA, blogs, livestreams, and these led me to the Daggers.

So very happy to be here, and let the learning begin!

Cheers to all.

Personal blog: http://volume0.blogspot.com/
DA profile: http://rrabbstyjke.deviantart.com/
ImagineFX profile: http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/rr...fault.aspx

Print this item

Introduction - Misticblair
Posted by: Misticblair - 05-01-2012, 05:11 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hello everybody. Misticblair in here, and I'm from Poland. I love drawing and that is why I am here. I guess that's all, so thanks for reading this, so um... yeah :)

Print this item

Greetings from the great northwest
Posted by: Miracula - 05-01-2012, 12:30 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Yes, I said greetings.My real name is Roz but I am known as Miracula by more people. I am taking a brave step to introduce myself as I am usually content to sit in the background and watch.

A little about myself, I am a 34 year old aspiring artist from the Puget Sound area of Washington State. I am a very happily married wife of 13 years and a mother of 3 special needs children, 1 being autistic and the other two developmentally delayed. I have set aside my art for most of those 12 years and while I had done some commissions and fan art a couple years ago, I have always regretted my investment in to college. I got none of the training I thought I would get and even if I had, I don't believe I was ready to absorb it.

I have some pretty big downfalls that I fight daily to overcome. I am bipolar, and lazy. So I have a horrible time starting a piece properly and even worse never finishing them. I have social anxiety so I am horrible about meeting new people and even worse asking for any sort of help to the point that I not only hurt myself but even my family. I also have a bit of O.C.D. Drives my husband crazy but it also is the worst thing to have when you are lazy because unless I can get something perfect on the first try, I don't bother. Hehe. This is the same problem with my works.

Now I am ready to learn. And just as I made the decision to start increasing my skill, I stumbled across Crimson Critters on youtube. Transfixed by what I was seeing I found myself, 4 hours later still watching. I was simple amazed by what these two gents had done. So I have been watching their old streams on and off for the last three days.

I read what the deathline challenge and was inspired.

So here are my goals for this year
1. To become more consistently active. Taking more walks and to start dancing to help with loosing weight. I also want to get down about 100 pounds. But I am shooting for 50 by Christmas.
2. To set at least 4 hours a day to my art, 4 days a week. As this is the most I can realistically give without taking away from the care of my other responsibilities.
3. To ask for help and to try harder in my en devours. Yes, this is technically two but it really goes hand in hand. Means others can hold me accountable.

So here I am and I hope to get to know more of the wonderful people here.

I am not interested in becoming a concept artist as I have no desire to work for anyone other than myself. I have a secret project that I am working on and I want the discipline to do it right. If you would like to see any of my art work it is posted on facebook and deviantart and soon on my new website.

http://miracula.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/miraculous.visions

Print this item

Intro!
Posted by: yianniPapz95 - 04-30-2012, 12:09 PM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (2)

Hello! I'm not usually active on message boards/forums often, so excuse some of my noob-ness here and there (maybe here).
I've been trying to reach out to people on deviantArt for help with Art and such, but most of them are "too busy" and I often don't get comments/critiques through deviantArt since no one..really.. notices my art on there, assuming because it must lack some quality which I hope to obtain through this community ^_^.

I found this community through Dave Ropaza, who I found through the friendly ZhouRules.
Anyway there's my intro! ;D

Print this item

Intro - Mr. Toodles
Posted by: Mr. Toodles - 04-29-2012, 03:52 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - No Replies

Hi i'm Mr. Toodles I found this site through hours of browsing the internet (YOLO). I watched a few of the live streams and I think this community is what will really push my ability. This group seems like a friendly source of information and fun.

Print this item

Hello from France !
Posted by: Izzual - 04-27-2012, 04:12 AM - Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Replies (4)

Hi ! My name is Ugo, I'm 20 and I'm from France. (I apologize for my many english mistakes :s )

I've always been drawing and interessted in art but not very regularly and that's only since 3 months (after having, at long last, finished to get enough money to finance my studies in an art school).

I've discovered Dave Rapoza's Art at the same time that I found the Crimson Daggers art group on conceptart.org. I'm going to attend an art school next year, but I want to already work a lot to improve all my skills.

Here is my conceptart.org sketchbook (yes, it's a noob's sketchbook :-/)

My Sketchbook

I'm also looking for a mentor to understand better how to work with photoshop (I know some tools but don"t really have a way of processing :s), I will for sure use the livestreams too :)

Hope to see you on the forum ;)

Print this item