Zodd Sketchbook
Hello Zodd.
While studying in black-n-white, try to organize all your values simply into only 5 shades of grey, where 1 - black, 5 -white.
5 - darkest darks: core shadows and ambient shadows (where is no any reflected light),
4 - all another shadows
3 - mid tone
2 - light
1 - highlight
This approach could help you focus more on the form, rather than on brush strokes. Also I'd suggest you to use hard round brush or triangular, than rectangular.

Sketchbook (^_^)
 [page01] [page02] [page03] [page04]

| DeviantArt | Instagram |
Hey Zodd,
Good stuff you have here, i don´t have much to say except that you´re doing a good job.
I would but recommend you to finish one or two studies, perharps one in grascale and one in colour.
I like what i see in post #59.

(03-16-2019, 08:48 AM)roanna Wrote: Hello Zodd.
While studying in black-n-white, try to organize all your values simply into only 5 shades of grey, where 1 - black, 5 -white.
5 - darkest darks: core shadows and ambient shadows (where is no any reflected light),
4 - all another shadows
3 - mid tone
2 - light
1 - highlight
This approach could help you focus more on the form, rather than on brush strokes. Also I'd suggest you to use hard round brush or triangular, than rectangular.

Nice! This will proprably help me alot  x)
(03-16-2019, 09:49 PM)RickRichards Wrote: Hey Zodd,
Good stuff you have here, i don´t have much to say except that you´re doing a good job.
I would but recommend you to finish one or two studies, perharps one in grascale and one in colour.
I like what i see in post #59.

I'll do this, thankss for the tip haha x)
Trying to emulate one of Sargent's painting colors on this study and started using more the hard round brush x)

Hands studies:

The hand look good perhap you should try to add a light  and shadow scenario and try to make them look volumetric

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(03-17-2019, 02:38 PM)darktiste Wrote: The hand look good perhap you shoul try to add a light scenario  adn try to make them look volumetric

Thanks for the tips
You just need to create a new layer set on multiply and to add a gray flat and you use the smudge tool,dodge tool and burn tool.Once you have the gray you can lock the layer so that your gray doesn't move ouside the boundry you just established when you use the smudge tool.Time to time you should hide the drawing outline and focus on the gray layers only.

My Sketchbook
Color sketches:

Quick gesture and anatomy studies

I think you could switch to loomis and than loop back to those exercise it will help you get a better understand how to simply your body.Here what i am think you should do copy this sheet and try to draw full ellipse rather than half ellips it will give you a better sense of the real volume
.I think you also need to solidify your feet so that your figure can feel more solid and solidy the idea that there in a 3d space.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
(03-19-2019, 12:17 PM)darktiste Wrote: I think you could switch to loomis and than loop back to those exercise it will help you get a better understand how to simply your body.Here what i am think you should do copy this sheet and try to full ellipse rather than half ellips it will give you a better sense of the real volume
.I think you also need to solidify your feet so that your figure can feel more solid and solidy the idea that there in a 3d space.

Thank you very much, These last studies are just quick gesture practice with volume lines made in 2-3 minutes x)
Quick gestures:

Form and metal studies:

Trying to applicate these studies:

Complementing my armour studies with imagination poop :,)

Smudge the edge where value meet with a soft brush i think you will be surprise by the effect.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
(03-21-2019, 09:24 AM)darktiste Wrote: Smudge the edge where value meet with a soft brush i think you will be surprise by the effect.

WOW thanks for the tip dude x)
Warmup:

Van Dyke study and application from imagination:

Warmup:

Value and composition study and application:

Light study and application from mind shit :,)

Warmup:

Quick studies from ref and imagination: